Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E70 X5 M / E71 X6 M

E70 X5 M / E71 X6 M
Forum for the all-wheel-drive models BMW X5 M and BMW X6 M.

Old 01-20-2013, 02:04 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Bacon
Picked up my MCB/Mugello Red X6M @ PCD this week!

I guess I haven't formally introduced myself in these parts, although I've posted here and there.

Placed an order for a 2013 X6M back in November, and finally got to meet my baby for the first time at the BMW Performance Center this week and then road trip it back home to Florida via a short, err, detour through Tail of the Dragon into Tennessee.

I've been more active on other forums so I never posted a build thread here. Here's the build:

2013 BMW X6 ///M
Monte Carlo Blue Metallic
Mugello Red Full Merino Leather
Driver Assistance Package
- (HUD, Rearview cam, auto high beams)
Premium Sound Package
- (Sirius, enhanced premium sound)
Rear Climate Package
- (Rear window shades, 4-zone climate control)
Cold Weather Package
- (Heated rear seats, heated steering wheel, ski bag)
Comfort Access Keyless Entry
Soft-close Automatic Doors
Nappa Leather Dashboard and Center Console
Piano Black trim
3 rear seats
Full LED Lights
Side-view camera
6-disc DVD changer
BMW Apps

On to some pics -- I freaking love this car!

First time seeing her, in the special office/garage at BMW Performance Center outside of Greenville, South Carolina.

When you pick up your car at PCD, you can drive over to the BMW Zentrum Museum and park on the sidewalk. I took advantage of the photo opportunity, even though it was raining.

During our road trip, we hit every condition and type of road so that the X6M can be broken in like it was meant to - canyons, interstate, country roads, rain, snow, ice, and sun - we did it all.

Love the LED headlights...

And saving the best for last, some of my favorite shots so far:

Well, it is an X6M ... So we got to see a LOT of gas stations on our trip

Got home just in time to hit that special # - 1200 miles on the odometer, officially passed it this morning. So of course, I stopped to take a photo!

Loving my new baby... More pics to follow later with more of the interior.
Advertisement
Old 01-20-2013, 04:00 PM
0-60 in 4 secs or less!

Mein Auto: '13 X5M, 650xi
Congrats! The MCB looks great.

Were you able to hit the tail with light traffic? I hear it can get quite busy with traffic. Also, did you hit any icy conditions with your Summer tires?

2013 X5M ........ 2013 650xi ...... 2011 550xi (ret) 2011 335d (ret)
Old 01-20-2013, 04:38 PM

The Tail was deserted - we saw maybe 4 or 5 other cars, and some work vehicles. Otherwise it was just us and the road. All the businesses and gift shops were closed, as well. No motorcycles (I ride so I am always on the lookout for bikers) -- and no 18 wheelers! It's definitely the off-season up there right now. It was also relatively dry, with some patches of running water here and there, but mostly we got lucky with the conditions and sunny day through the Tail of the Dragon considering what we went through between Asheville and Robbinsville the night before.

I did hit icy conditions, on the road from Asheville towards Robbinsville, NC. Pretty much everyone was doing about 40mph at that time, we didn't exceed 40-45mph either - you could see and feel the ice, and at those speeds the car felt solid and wasn't sliding around. Honestly I was more concerned about hitting the thin black ice that you can't see and being caught unaware, but thankfully that didn't happen. Last time I drove on ice was a long time ago, and definitely not in Florida! So a little extra caution went a long way but we were still keeping better pace than most of the locals, only one guy hung with us (until it was a bit more dry) and the only one who passed us and lost us was a state trooper I wasn't arguing...

While fun was important, the number one goal of the mission was to get the X6M home in one piece
Old 01-21-2013, 09:17 AM
East Coast Commuter

Mein Auto: 435/335
Cool write up. Glad to see another South Florida fester join the very small xM club here.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:28 PM

Mein Auto: 328xi
Great write up and pics. Thanks for sharing.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:26 PM

Thanks guys. I am totally in love with this car like never before.

@Alipine300ZHP - yeah, small community for sure. Seems like the X6M is even less prevalent than the X5M... Although, before I got mine, I've seen 3 X6M's in my area within a mile of each other, one parked at my office complex nearly daily. Do you do any Cars and Coffee meets down here? What's the scoop, I haven't done one but would like to.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:57 AM
East Coast Commuter

Mein Auto: 435/335
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddk632 View Post
Thanks guys. I am totally in love with this car like never before.

@Alipine300ZHP - yeah, small community for sure. Seems like the X6M is even less prevalent than the X5M... Although, before I got mine, I've seen 3 X6M's in my area within a mile of each other, one parked at my office complex nearly daily. Do you do any Cars and Coffee meets down here? What's the scoop, I haven't done one but would like to.
I know what you mean. I have seen two x5M's in my general area (the same two) and one x6M. It seems that it is just the 4 of us in my neck of the woods. I have not done a cars and coffee, but was invited to one with the 335d crowd in Weston and was not able to make it. If you organize something let me know.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:21 PM

Got some night ambiance shots around dusk tonight, and some interior shots of the Mugello Red

Ok, and a few more exterior shots, too... I love running errands for my wife now, I never say no as long as it involves me having to drive somewhere!

Exterior view

///M Headrest

Interior from the driver's door

Interior close up

Interior ambiance at night, the orange lights set the mood nicely over the Mugello Red leather

///M HUD at night

"The Bulge"

Taillight

Rear end half view

Sunset over X6M