Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2013, 12:10 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 323i
Proposed Germany itinerary for June ED

Hello, all. I have many questions about an ED we would like to pick up in Germany at the of end of June 2013.

Here is our proposed itinerary:

Fly overnight; arrive in Munich around noon. Go to Deutschesmuseum and maybe see some of the Residenz. Early bedtime.

Day 2. Pick up car; tour factory. Is it easy to get to the car pick up from central Munich via public transit? After tour, drive to Lake Chiemsee.

Day 3. Tour Herrenchiemsee. Drive to Berchtesgaden.

Day 4. Boat ride on Konigsee and visit Documentation Center.

Day 5. Hike the Wimbacklamm Gorge (how long does this take? 1 or 2 hours?) Drive to Ulm; sightsee in area; night in Ulm.

Day 6. See the Abbey in Zwiefalten; drive to Rothenburg. Do the Night Watchman Tour; overnight in Rothenbug.

Day 7. Drive to Cochem; on the way visit the Residenz in Wurzburg.

Day 8. Visit Burg Eltz in the AM; drive to Frankfurt to drop off car. (How long should we budget to do this? Spend night in Frankfurt airport area hotel. See something that evening in Frankfurt (any suggestions?)

Day 9. Fly home.

Id appreciate any comments/insights on the above. FYI we have been to Munich, Dachau, Salzburg and Fussen/Neuschwanstain before. I mention this b/c it might appear that we are leaving some highlights off of our itinerary. My son likes WW2 history, so Id be interested in hearing about any interesting things we might pass along the way.
Advertisement