Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 01-21-2013, 09:59 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 740 Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRM001 View Post
Hi again, and sorry but I could not find the answer for this on the Wiki, and if I did it seems I am just confused on the following:

In bmwconfig.com I saved a configuration which by default displays (on the right) U.S.Port of Entry cost, MSRP and Invoice, but the drop down has the option for "European Delivery Munich pick up" (which is cheaper). Which is the cost I should be looking for since I am "picking up the car" in Europe but they will deliver it here to the dealer in the U.S. http://s1.bimmerfest.com/forums/images/smilies/iono.gif

Thanks again.
Claudio
You'll use the European Delivery price (usually, depending on the model of course, you should be able to add $500-1000 on top of the "European Invoice" and that's the price of the car...)

Others more experienced with this can chime in as well V/r, Tim

2013 740 Li
2007 G35 (trade-in)
2003 Z06 (Black, 50th Anniversary)
2001 Z06 (Torch Red)
Old 01-22-2013, 12:06 AM

Mein Auto: F11 530D
Might I suggest to be kind and helpfull to one another?
And can I suggest to change the ED Wicki name in a more attention grabbing one?
Something like:
How my girlfriend got pregnant while doing ED.

Obviously, this topic will not be in the thread.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:45 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 911 C2S
Quote:
Hi again, and sorry but I could not find the answer for this on the Wiki, and if I did it seems I am just confused on the following:

In bmwconfig.com I saved a configuration which by default displays (on the right) U.S.Port of Entry cost, MSRP and Invoice, but the drop down has the option for "European Delivery Munich pick up" (which is cheaper). Which is the cost I should be looking for since I am "picking up the car" in Europe but they will deliver it here to the dealer in the U.S. http://s1.bimmerfest.com/forums/images/smilies/iono.gif

Thanks again.
Claudio
What is up on the next episode of "The View"? Claudio, welcome to Bimmerfest first of all, where the guys speak are often rough but the wealth of information make it worth it. You look at the European Delivery. A typical deal would be to take the Euro delivery invoice and add $1,000 with all options at cost, but it depends on the market, the area, the car you are getting (you have not said yet what are you getting). This is suggested on the worksheet at the bottom, it is all there, and it is indeed all in the search function. We are glad to help you, but for your own benefit, all the questions you ask are very easy to answer either on the wiki, with the search function, or even in the bmwconfig.com spreadsheet.

Now I am sorry for even thinking like this, but what is the definition of troll again?

Last edited by neurom; 01-22-2013 at 02:48 AM.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:03 PM
Runon MD1

Send a message via AIM to Runon MD1
Mein Auto: 335i Sedan
ED Process

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharding View Post
Kindly use search feature of this web site and you will find your answers there. It sheer laziness not to invest a few minutes of your time to do your own research before asking questions that have been discussed and answered literally thousands of times.
Pharding:

You're a bit harsh...perhaps the poster didn't know what to do, as in how to use the "Search" feature or Wiki.

Lack of awareness is not necessarily laziness, at least in my opinion, and that's all there is to it. You may disagree, which is fine.

But let's try to help. If you don't wish to, that's fine, but you don't have to caution about flaming and then proceed to do just that.

Richard
Old 01-23-2013, 08:05 PM
Runon MD1

Send a message via AIM to Runon MD1
Mein Auto: 335i Sedan
ED Process

Quote:
Kindly use search feature of this web site and you will find your answers there. It sheer laziness not to invest a few minutes of your time to do your own research before asking questions that have been discussed and answered literally thousands of times.
Pharding:

You're a bit harsh...perhaps the poster didn't know what to do, as in how to use the "Search" feature or Wiki.

Lack of awareness is not necessarily laziness, at least in my opinion, and that's all there is to it. You may disagree, which is fine.

But let's try to help. If you don't wish to, that's fine, but you don't have to flame.

Richard
Old 01-24-2013, 05:50 AM

Mein Auto: 11 550i
We live in the era of Google. Who does anything online without doing a search for it. Think of how many times a week that one typically uses Google each week. Think of how often one searches any web site when looking for something. The Search Button is prominently displayed at the top of every page on this web site. Of course it takes time and effort for someone to do a search. Some look at it as "why should I spend my time time doing my own homework when others will literally do all the work for me?"

14 550i Euro Del
14 X3 2.8i
11 550i Euro Del, Retired
08 550i Euro Del, Retired
06 330i Euro Del, Retired
04 545i Euro Del, Retired
01 530i Euro Del, Retired
Old 01-24-2013, 06:01 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 535i GT
When I was a newbie*, I opted to do my research first then ask later. While this is obviously the best suggestion for any newcomer, it is a little misdirected to just say "do a search."

The Google search at the top actually searches all of bimmerfest, which includes threads and also blog posts. The results are shown much like how you would see results on Google.com, sorted by relevance based on keyword(s) match and not displayed in the forum or threaded format that we are all used to. Threads are also shown multiple times if it has multiple pages. This makes it harder to find answers in a focused approach. For those truly enthusiastic about ED, this should not stop them, I'm just saying it may not be the best way to go about it for some newbies.

I think a better approach to search, which I found more helpful during my ED planning phase, is to go to the main European Delivery forum page, click on "Search this forum" dropdown on the forum header, and then enter your keywords or opt for a more advanced search. The results you get are threads (not google search links within bimmerfest) containing all the keywords you entered and in chronological order. Plus, you get to preview the post when you mouse over the thread. For those not accustomed to forum sites, they may not find this neat feature and may get daunted by the more generic "search" function up top.

*Does completion of an ED automatically classify you as a "non-newbie"? I wish there was a count for number of threads read/clicked into. By that category I would be a seasoned veteran of these forums.

2012 535i GT ED 1/9/2012

Old 01-24-2013, 08:03 PM
CR

Mein Auto: Honda
Quote:
We live in the era of Google. Who does anything online without doing a search for it. Think of how many times a week that one typically uses Google each week. Think of how often one searches any web site when looking for something. The Search Button is prominently displayed at the top of every page on this web site. Of course it takes time and effort for someone to do a search. Some look at it as "why should I spend my time time doing my own homework when others will literally do all the work for me?"
http://s1.bimmerfest.com/forums/imag...thumbsdown.gif

It takes the same time to answer nicely than whining and bitching about newbies and how they should find the info. If you think they are making you WORK by answering questions, then don't answer so that you DON'T HAVE TO WORK. Obviously, the concept of Work is far different for me and most of the helpful people in this forum.

As much as I try to be polite, I see comments like Phartings and geez...It is hard not to react, but....oh well!! I can use my ignore list I guess.

Last edited by CRM001; 01-24-2013 at 08:07 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:37 AM
(formerly SD 335is)

Mein Auto: '06 Z4 MR | '11 335is E92
Quote:
http://s1.bimmerfest.com/forums/imag...thumbsdown.gif

It takes the same time to answer nicely than whining and bitching about newbies and how they should find the info. If you think they are making you WORK by answering questions, then don't answer so that you DON'T HAVE TO WORK. Obviously, the concept of Work is far different for me and most of the helpful people in this forum.

As much as I try to be polite, I see comments like Phartings and geez...It is hard not to react, but....oh well!! I can use my ignore list I guess.
Really? Very adult and that certainly contributes so much.

I still think that you'll get better results without getting into a pissing match with people who have apparently offended you and whining and insulting other posters. The best "ignore list" is to just ignore the people who's advice you don't like and only respond to those people who advice that you do like. Do you want your ED experience to be a positive one or a negative one? The way that you've responded so far makes me inclined not to help you at all.
Hers: 2011 335is Coupe (E92) | Le Mans Blue Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | Dark Glacier Aluminum | 6MT | ED 5/12/11

BMWCCA #444696 - Click to join and a chance to win a 1-Day M School at the BMW Performance Center!

Old 01-26-2013, 10:42 AM

Mein Auto: X5, 323i, FJ Cruiser
Can we get back to the funny part "My wife get pregnant during ED -what should I do next? etc."
I think he should tell the girlfriend...
This is a fun thread.