Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 01-19-2013, 02:45 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X5 50
Newbie: 2011 BMW X5 50

Hello,

After much deliberation, I sold my 2006 X5 4.8is, and purchased a 2011 X5 50 with just 13,500 miles. It is very well optioned, and in mint condition , and met my mandatory requirements of black saphire / black interior, with the 20 inch staggered wheel option. I purchased it in Atlanta from a Land Rover dealership and had a very enjoyable ride home to NYC in my new ride. Just a few questions, and I apologize in advance if they are newb.

1) I already replaced the Bridgestone RFT tires with Continental DWS (huge improvement) so , I want to purchase a space saver spare. Two things, where can I purchase the whole kit (jack, tools, wheel / tire)? Also, the storage area under the cargo floor where the space saver will go, is carpetted. How is the space saver clamped down so that it doesn't move / rattle?

2) I got the keys, remotes, manuals with the X5. However, I would love to have the window sticker that came with the car when new. Is there some place that would have this if I provided my vin? I know the car was delivered new to its original owner in Atlanta.

3) On rough roads, there is a very slight rubbing noise coming from the hatch area. It really is not very noticeable, but is it a common problem that I can locate and put some felt on?

4) FM radio reception seems a bit weak. Is this a common issue?

Many thanks. I love this X5 and appreciate all comments.

Bruce
Ads by Google
Old 01-19-2013, 08:14 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW X5 35d
I also notice the fm reception is a bit weak when compared with my previous Honda Accord. That is on 2012 x5.

As for spare tire, I have always recommend a patch kit since it is lighter and can fix most road nail. Anyway, that's my opinion based on my own flat tire experience.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Bimmer App

Old 01-22-2013, 12:30 PM
Supporting Vendor

Mein Auto: E63 650i
Bruce,
The Spare tire is on a nationwide backorder unfortunately, but when it comes back in stock, you can purchase one at:
http://www.bimmerzone.com/BMW_Perfor...T-E70-KIT.html

| Bimmerzone.com | 1-800-357-7797 | info@bimmerzone.com | 831 Lincoln Ave, Suite 3, West Chester PA 19380 |

Video about Bimmerzone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me5pjPS88Bw

We are proud to be Authorized Dealers for: Sprint Booster, Peake Research, Eisenmann Exhaust, Hartge, RPI Exhaust, AutoEnginuity, Bentley Publishers, Zymol, P21S, PowerFlex USA, Brembo GT, KW, Hawk and much more!!