Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:27 AM

Mein Auto: 760li
Talking Remote Key (Key Fob)

FINALLY....my bimmer brothers and sisters i finally encountered an issue with my '06 760li that i took care of myself for ZERO dollars .....when i found my key remote in the bottom of the washing machine. AFTER the wash cycle completed i was in the medicine cabinet looking for the BC's got over my headache and on youtube...don't panic if your remote goes for a swim....do this quickly access and remove the battery....release and remove metal key...dab any visible water with dry cloth....get some silica packs (found in shoe boxes;vitamin bottles etc.) put the remote parts and silica packs in a small plastic bag...the smallest possible to hold everything close together...seal bag tightly ...i used tape. After three days i removed the items....i even put the battery in the bag...you don't have to but i reassembled the remote WITH the same battery......and IT WORKED!!!!! ....still does....engine; locks; trunk; headlights everything works.....Dealership didn't get that $300 bucks...bigpimp:ks!!!!!!!
Advertisement
Old 01-23-2013, 11:47 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 760Li
you can also put the key/electronic in a bag of rice to help draw out the moisture.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:53 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 750Li
you know what you cant fix for free? your wife stabbing your key with a screwdriver....
Old 01-24-2013, 01:36 AM

Mein Auto: Alpine White 750Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Rage View Post
you know what you cant fix for free? your wife stabbing your key with a screwdriver....
sounds like you love the bimmer a little bit more?
Old 01-30-2013, 03:23 PM

Talking remote key

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmeance View Post
you can also put the key/electronic in a bag of rice to help draw out the moisture.
like i stated i searched the web for a solution......and the FIRST thing that was advised NOT to do was use the rice .... although i DID use the rice for drying a cell phone a couple of years ago...but thanx anyway....
Old 01-30-2013, 03:27 PM

remote key

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Vice Vain View Post
sounds like you love the bimmer a little bit more?
sorry for ya dude .....no wifey here for that kinda action.....
Old 01-30-2013, 03:53 PM

remote key stabbing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Rage View Post
sorry.....try taking the wife out on the town more.....