Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 01-19-2013, 08:16 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 528i M-Sport
Enabling Office function

for those of you in some countries that does not get office function even with combox, has anyone enabled office successfully? I've been trying to do this for a while but no result yet. I got the iDrive menu to display 9 menu at the start, which glitches the cursor... my car's main menu goes like this;

CD/mult.
Radio
telephone
Nav
map <- where contacts used to go before combox(I think), should be office
BMW service
Vehicle info
Settings

Any tips would be grateful.

Last edited by Losco; 01-19-2013 at 08:17 AM.
Ads by Google
Old 01-20-2013, 01:02 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losco View Post
for those of you in some countries that does not get office function even with combox, has anyone enabled office successfully? I've been trying to do this for a while but no result yet. I got the iDrive menu to display 9 menu at the start, which glitches the cursor... my car's main menu goes like this;

CD/mult.
Radio
telephone
Nav
map <- where contacts used to go before combox(I think), should be office
BMW service
Vehicle info
Settings

Any tips would be grateful.
Do you have L807A NATIONAL VERSION JAPAN?

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - 2TB SAT / 6WB MFID Cluster / 4U1 Ceramic Controls / 6NR BMW Apps / Rear Fog Lights / Cyba Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips
Old 01-20-2013, 06:54 PM

yup, mine's from Japan, double checked FA and it's there. Since my only laptop broke and I only got a new one recently I haven't touched my car in a loooong time while you became e-sys god lol. Can you generate ncd file without coding the car with a new FA list to see what are changed by removing/adding certain FA? maybe I can make a NCD and see what's different with/without 807. some of the values I think that are related to office;

ADRESSBOOK under 3003 TELEFON_TELEMATRIC_ONLINE <- this I turned on before I think, glitched idrive main menu cursor.
MACRO_PIM <- I've seen this enabled on all the cars with combox, it's off on my car.

PS: NM found the guide. http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=626447

now looking through the new NCD and old NCD... wish e-sys did the comparison for me =( time to whip out hexeditor comparison tool

Last edited by Losco; 01-20-2013 at 07:03 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:26 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
yup, mine's from Japan, double checked FA and it's there. Since my only laptop broke and I only got a new one recently I haven't touched my car in a loooong time while you became e-sys god lol. Can you generate ncd file without coding the car with a new FA list to see what are changed by removing/adding certain FA? maybe I can make a NCD and see what's different with/without 807. some of the values I think that are related to office;

ADRESSBOOK under 3003 TELEFON_TELEMATRIC_ONLINE <- this I turned on before I think, glitched idrive main menu cursor.
MACRO_PIM <- I've seen this enabled on all the cars with combox, it's off on my car.

now looking through the new NCD and old NCD... wish e-sys did the comparison for me =( time to whip out hexeditor comparison tool
I think the only way to get the Office function is to remove L807A from FA and VO Code HU_CIC and CMB_MEDIA. However, I am not sure what other implications there are in removing it.

There is no way to change FA and get .NCD Data without VO Coding using new FA and reading back ECU Data.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - 2TB SAT / 6WB MFID Cluster / 4U1 Ceramic Controls / 6NR BMW Apps / Rear Fog Lights / Cyba Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips
Old 01-20-2013, 10:43 PM

Mein Auto: BMW
There seems to be quite a fair bit of Japan specific coding in the various module, so removing the country controller might have a fair bit of implications
Old 01-21-2013, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kon View Post
There seems to be quite a fair bit of Japan specific coding in the various module, so removing the country controller might have a fair bit of implications
indeed, I had some free time today so I experimented a bit. I now know few things for certain:

1. ADRESSBOOK is in fact, office. turning this on will display office in main menu.
2. NAVI VARIANT changes nav menu a bit, I played around with this and found out that setting this to japan will display nav/map in main menu taking 2 rows. so no separate FDL change to remove extra map below nav so far...
3. MACRO_PIM enabled office checkbox under phone's bluetooth menu(I think), but did not let me check it. once I turned adressbook on, there was 1 menu under office, which was contacts. I looked through combox FDL settings, and things like task and calendar under office seems to be enabled here.(haven't tried yet)

the biggest issue is I can't really change nav variant to anything else other than japan, since it gimped some of the nav feature. so if I wanted office I'd have to live with glitching cursor in main menu which is kinda meh.

another thing, I removed 807 and tried verifying code to see the default FDL, and it was pretty wacky, like combox was set to off(I have it) so I dont think VO coding will work in this case.

Last edited by Losco; 01-21-2013 at 04:19 AM.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:37 AM

Not sure if this help. Without a supported phone pair the office menu will only show contacts. So maybe there isn't much to fiddle anymore. But you will have to check the office menu in Bluetooth.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:41 AM

I have iphone5, and I heard they're now supported correct? since I can't check the office in BT menu I'm sure I need to find the right FDL in combox settings also.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:49 AM

Quote:
I have iphone5, and I heard they're now supported correct? since I can't check the office in BT menu I'm sure I need to find the right FDL in combox settings also.
Correct, but only new email and text message is shown for ip5. And you also need to enable show notifications in your phone Bluetooth menu. This option in your phone will only appear when it detect your car have the capability.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:17 AM

Mein Auto: F07
1. I enabled 'show notifications' in iphone4/iOS6.0.1 bluetooth menu
2. I do not have 'office' checkbox in F07 menu (has active BMW Assist, combox, apps etc - built 10/11)
3. I have 'new messages' status in 'office' iDrive menu but it show 0 SMS's, 0 mails and 0 sth else nothing changes when phone receives new message...
any clue how to enable this (compatibility check on BMW.de shows no 'office sync' differences between iP4 and iP5 both with iOS6...)
Old 01-21-2013, 05:52 PM

in my combox, i can only see settings for enabling BT Telephony, A2DP support, and Additional Telephone:

BT_EIN_AUS
A2DP_AVRCP_EIN_AUS
HANDSFREE_SECONDARY

Don't see anything Office related (yet)
Old 01-21-2013, 06:01 PM

Quote:
in my combox, i can only see settings for enabling BT Telephony, A2DP support, and Additional Telephone:

BT_EIN_AUS
A2DP_AVRCP_EIN_AUS
HANDSFREE_SECONDARY

Don't see anything Office related (yet)
in your combox FDL, how are the settings for items under 3002 PIM_PARAMETER?
because they're all not active for me. I believe PIM = office.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:24 PM

here you go... mostly active
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3002-P1.PNG
Views:	113
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	358678   Click image for larger version

Name:	3002-P2.PNG
Views:	112
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	358679   Click image for larger version

Name:	3002-P3.PNG
Views:	88
Size:	4.4 KB
ID:	358680  
Old 01-21-2013, 10:56 PM

Quote:
here you go... mostly active
I assume your car has office.. correct?
Old 01-21-2013, 11:27 PM

Quote:
I assume your car has office.. correct?
manually activate by removing country controller, thought I don't see/feel any diff with or without the country controller
Old 01-23-2013, 09:55 PM

Quote:

I went to look up a car with same spec as mine with Office still not activated, surprisingly the ADRESSBOOK you mentioned above were already active, yet the menu only shows Contact, instead of Office.

MACRO_PIM however is not active.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:08 PM

Quote:
I went to look up a car with same spec as mine with Office still not activated, surprisingly the ADRESSBOOK you mentioned above were already active, yet the menu only shows Contact, instead of Office.

MACRO_PIM however is not active.
Interesting, so adressbook only = contacts, and adressbook + macro_pim = office?
Old 06-01-2013, 09:20 AM
BMW Enthusiast

Mein Auto: F13 650i Coupé
Quote:
indeed, I had some free time today so I experimented a bit. I now know few things for certain:

1. ADRESSBOOK is in fact, office. turning this on will display office in main menu.
2. NAVI VARIANT changes nav menu a bit, I played around with this and found out that setting this to japan will display nav/map in main menu taking 2 rows. so no separate FDL change to remove extra map below nav so far...
3. MACRO_PIM enabled office checkbox under phone's bluetooth menu(I think), but did not let me check it. once I turned adressbook on, there was 1 menu under office, which was contacts. I looked through combox FDL settings, and things like task and calendar under office seems to be enabled here.(haven't tried yet)

the biggest issue is I can't really change nav variant to anything else other than japan, since it gimped some of the nav feature. so if I wanted office I'd have to live with glitching cursor in main menu which is kinda meh.

another thing, I removed 807 and tried verifying code to see the default FDL, and it was pretty wacky, like combox was set to off(I have it) so I dont think VO coding will work in this case.
Hi Losco,

I am experiencing this iDrive main menu glitch as well with the extra MAP item. For my case, my NAVI_VARIANTE is set to hongkong. Did you finally manage to fix it?

Last edited by andreo; 06-01-2013 at 09:26 AM.