Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 01-10-2013, 05:30 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 745LI/ F02
Old 01-10-2013, 08:12 PM

Mein Auto: Mitsu,Ford,Chevy
Ball out son!Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1357873906841.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	357023

Sent from my LG-C800 using Bimmer App
Old 01-10-2013, 08:31 PM

Mein Auto: '13 640i Gran Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFEL750I View Post
I'm hoping to make my car look just like the one in this pic in the near future. What do you guys think

Maybe even deck out the interior like the one in the link below: totally rad!!
http://cnettv.cnet.com/brian-tong-ch...-50138435.html
Old 01-10-2013, 08:44 PM

Mein Auto: 760 Li
Quote:
I'm hoping to make my car look just like the one in this pic in the near future. What do you guys think

LMAO.....First time loggin on here after a while and I see your projected planned mods.

You are really going to get a lot of newcomers on here riled up.

Nonetheless, knowing your modding taste and ability, I am all EYES!!

Old 01-11-2013, 01:36 AM

Mein Auto: '06 750Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkathee View Post
LMAO.....First time loggin on here after a while and I see your projected planned mods.

Kathy! We've missed you!

And how about you rip out the rear seats and replace them with an MTX Jackhammer? That way, if anyone so much as tries to touch your car, the sound waves will literally blow them away

2006 BMW 750Li - Style 128's with Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Magnaflow quad exhaust, ACS Roof Spoiler, ACS Aluminum Pedals, Umnitza LED License Plate Lights, Beltronics V995

1997 BMW 540i - E39 M5 wheels, straight piped quad exhaust, CAI, Dinan performance chip, H&R springs

2002 Lexus LX470 - Window Tint (20%)

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid LE - Window Tint (30% front, 15% rear), LED interior lighting

2006 Mercedes-Benz S500 - AMG Sports Package - SOLD

Old 01-11-2013, 11:11 AM
info@e92-lighting.com

Send a message via AIM to E92-Lighting Send a message via MSN to E92-Lighting Send a message via Yahoo to E92-Lighting Send a message via Skype™ to E92-Lighting
Mein Auto: 335i
did you use Photoshop
Old 01-11-2013, 12:01 PM

Mein Auto: 750I
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmpcpro View Post
Oh yes, and at xmas time you can put a strand of lights on them.. very classy.. I like the stick on vent option above too.. If you drill holes under them you may make them functional.. may help with cooling..

There used to be an item called a Vroombox.. I am not sure if it's still around, but it's an actual product, or was.. and what it did was, it hooked into your car stereo and synced with your RPM's and you could pick what kind of engine sound you wanted and when you drove it made the sound with your RPM's so it sounded like it was your engine.. You could pick big american motors, indy car, import.. you name it.. funniest thing I had ever seen..
I saw the Vroom box on "pimp my ride" that was pretty cool. Do you know where I can get one. I have lots of money to spend so anything that would make my car seem cool would be great.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie2008 View Post
whats up rookie. Bet youre not missing the east coast now that its winter out there
Old 01-11-2013, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkathee View Post

Nice of you to visit. Stayed tuned ...my car will be the sicked car out here soon enough. The more things I can fit into it the better...I have a limitless budget so any ideas are welcomed.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:16 PM

Quote:
whats up rookie. Bet youre not missing the east coast now that its winter out there
wats up bro! HELL NO! not at all...
Old 01-12-2013, 04:39 PM
David

Mein Auto: E63 M6 & E92 335i
Saw this two tone 745 a few hours ago and thought it may serve as a bit of inspiration during your build. Enjoy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1358033951.702321.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	357361

2008 E63 M6 - Black Sapphire - Sepang Bronze Full Merino - Carbon Fiber Trim - Alcantera Headliner - SMG - HUD - Soft Close Doors - Comfort Access - Individual Audio w/Sat and HD Radio
2009 E92 335i - Black Sapphire - Black Dakota - Burl Walnut - Sport - Premium - Cold Weather - Navigation - L7 - Comfort Access - Smoker's Package

Member: BMWCCA #471614
Old 01-12-2013, 04:45 PM
President

Mein Auto: BMW
that looks GREAT!!!

cant wait to see what u come up with

by the way, a lot of members think u are serious!!! (and i hope u are)

'03 745i - modded - GONE -
'08 535i - Sport - Sport Trans - Navi - Comfort Seats - daily beater -
'07 GSXR-750 - Gray/Black - Akrapovic Ti Shorty Exhaust -
Old 01-12-2013, 04:46 PM

Mein Auto: Many things
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothy22 View Post
Dont do it man! The 7 is a grown person car. Its horrible what people will do to such a beautiful luxury car. Thats a picture of complete utter foolishness. Keep your BMW sexy, not stank-ish.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Bimmer App
Yeah you probably don't want to hang out here then
Old 01-23-2013, 08:24 PM
David

Quote:

How's your lovely build coming along? Got your gold horns and 28's mounted yet? The anticipation is killing me. I keep thinking, "what psychedelic color is DFEL going to paint his car? What type of lift kit is he going to use? Would Chris Bangle **** his pants if he read this thread?"

I would like to suggest that when you take your new beauty out for the first night on the town you have a brand new outfit and hair cut. I'm thinking something like this would do well.

Let me know what you think.

2008 E63 M6 - Black Sapphire - Sepang Bronze Full Merino - Carbon Fiber Trim - Alcantera Headliner - SMG - HUD - Soft Close Doors - Comfort Access - Individual Audio w/Sat and HD Radio
2009 E92 335i - Black Sapphire - Black Dakota - Burl Walnut - Sport - Premium - Cold Weather - Navigation - L7 - Comfort Access - Smoker's Package

Old 01-23-2013, 08:30 PM

Old 01-23-2013, 08:51 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: POS Honda
Already miss this place

Old 01-23-2013, 10:37 PM

Mein Auto: '06 750Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirstopher View Post
Already miss this place
I think your thread about selling your car got deleted before I got the chance to see it. Can you give me a recap?

2006 BMW 750Li - Style 128's with Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Magnaflow quad exhaust, ACS Roof Spoiler, ACS Aluminum Pedals, Umnitza LED License Plate Lights, Beltronics V995

1997 BMW 540i - E39 M5 wheels, straight piped quad exhaust, CAI, Dinan performance chip, H&R springs

2002 Lexus LX470 - Window Tint (20%)

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid LE - Window Tint (30% front, 15% rear), LED interior lighting

2006 Mercedes-Benz S500 - AMG Sports Package - SOLD

Old 01-23-2013, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suri [TBR] View Post
I think your thread about selling your car got deleted before I got the chance to see it. Can you give me a recap?
Yea I removed it because it was just a statement that I no longer owned my 745i. I traded it in at a dealership and got a Honda Civic. We have plans to adopt and we decided that the cost of ownership on a 13 year old car was too much.

I don't like the Honda but it does exactly what is was purchased for. I miss my car but the trade off to bring another member into our family will out weigh a car, home, boat, ect. It all can go and be replaced.

Anyone can PM me for more info, I don't want to hijack this thread and look forward in seeing the tv in the trunk with all the flashy carbon fiber.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:06 AM
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirstopher View Post
Yea I removed it because it was just a statement that I no longer owned my 745i. I traded it in at a dealership and got a Honda Civic. We have plans to adopt and we decided that the cost of ownership on a 13 year old car was too much.

I don't like the Honda but it does exactly what is was purchased for. I miss my car but the trade off to bring another member into our family will out weigh a car, home, boat, ect. It all can go and be replaced.

Anyone can PM me for more info, I don't want to hijack this thread and look forward in seeing the tv in the trunk with all the flashy carbon fiber.
Hey Chris,

I didn't know you sold your 7. Even though I'm sure you miss it I would like to congratulate you on getting rid of it for such a noble cause.

What you have said about the trade off of the car for another member in the family is spot on. Cars come and go, but the difference you will make in someone's life will be everlasting. Congratulations to you and your wife. Please keep us posted on your new addition.

David

Old 01-24-2013, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Db750 View Post
How's your lovely build coming along? Got your gold horns and 28's mounted yet? The anticipation is killing me. I keep thinking, "what psychedelic color is DFEL going to paint his car? What type of lift kit is he going to use? Would Chris Bangle **** his pants if he read this thread?"

I would like to suggest that when you take your new beauty out for the first night on the town you have a brand new outfit and hair cut. I'm thinking something like this would do well.

Let me know what you think.
Unfortunately it is too cold right now to build the car. The guy that is doing most of the work does it out of his mothers house in the driveway. He can only work when its not freezing outside. Painting outside in the winter is also bad because the overspray gets on the snow and leaves evidence behind (Dont think we are allowed to spray a car in a driveway, especially not a government housing driveway, so we dont want to leave evidence behind)

That look you proposed would go very well with my new flashy car. The ONLY problem I see is that I might have to lose atleast 60lbs of muscle to pull it off. I know your man servant was quite muscular before you took him under your care and now he is as frail as could be, with just enough strength to do his chores. How did you manage to get him that way? Maybe you can share his diet with me so I too can lose the necessary weight to pull of this look.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately it is too cold right now to build the car. The guy that is doing most of the work does it out of his mothers house in the driveway. He can only work when its not freezing outside. Painting outside in the winter is also bad because the overspray gets on the snow and leaves evidence behind (Dont think we are allowed to spray a car in a driveway, especially not a government housing driveway, so we dont want to leave evidence behind)

That look you proposed would go very well with my new flashy car. The ONLY problem I see is that I might have to lose atleast 60lbs of muscle to pull it off. I know your man servant was quite muscular before you took him under your care and now he is as frail as could be, with just enough strength to do his chores. How did you manage to get him that way? Maybe you can share his diet with me so I too can lose the necessary weight to pull of this look.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:46 PM
David

Quote:
Hmmm, Canada must have some high class government housing with paved driveways and all. Ours are either dirt or gravel; anyone with a little heart could rake it over to hide the overspray. Only way the paint could be detected would be with a black light.

If you're going to paint the color to match the fine outfit I submitted I would suggest pulling the car into the yard. The Gecko Green paint should blend nicely with the turf. Go ahead and swap the wheels out before you begin painting as we know they have to be color matched to the car. Then you can set your four OEM 20's in a rhombus surrounding the car. Douse them in kerosene and set them ablaze. The putrid, burning rubber should provide enough heat for your man to do his thing.

Quote:
Glad you ask, and I agree, you are too damn strong. I felt threatened by my new manservant and required that he lose 125lbs so that I would have complete dominance over him. The diet is simple; nothing but damp cedar chips (the kind used for hamster bedding) for three months straight. I filled an old bottle of 409 with water and misted them down before each meal. I found that five even sprays provides just enough water to stay alive.

You're a big guy. I've seen the pictures. You may want to cut the water out of the diet if you want to be all fancy by the summer.

Old 01-24-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Db750 View Post
Hmmm, Canada must have some high class government housing with paved driveways and all. Ours are either dirt or gravel; anyone with a little heart could rake it over to hide the overspray. Only way the paint could be detected would be with a black light.

If you're going to paint the color to match the fine outfit I submitted I would suggest pulling the car into the yard. The Gecko Green paint should blend nicely with the turf. Go ahead and swap the wheels out before you begin painting as we know they have to be color matched to the car. Then you can set your four OEM 20's in a rhombus surrounding the car. Douse them in kerosene and set them ablaze. The putrid, burning rubber should provide enough heat for your man to do his thing.

Glad you ask, and I agree, you are too damn strong. I felt threatened by my new manservant and required that he lose 125lbs so that I would have complete dominance over him. The diet is simple; nothing but damp cedar chips (the kind used for hamster bedding) for three months straight. I filled an old bottle of 409 with water and misted them down before each meal. I found that five even sprays provides just enough water to stay alive.

You're a big guy. I've seen the pictures. You may want to cut the water out of the diet if you want to be all fancy by the summer.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:52 PM

Oh lord please give me the..........

Can you guys possibly help. I want to upgrade the civic, I was thinking of retrofitting the extra idrive controller i have into my dash. My USB works but I miss the spinning!!!!!

Can MS pull this off.