Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 01-25-2013, 11:05 AM

Mein Auto: ALMOST HAVE - BMW 328i
Question Production started?

Tell me if this sounds realistic:

I went to my dealer a few days ago. Put down $ and ordered a 328i Sport Line, Lighting package, aluminum with red stripe, tech package, BSM paint etc.

He said he had to trade for an allocation but should have one within a day or two. I was a tad nervous after reading some stories on here but they were very straightforward throughout the whole process. Thursday morning I got an email saying not only did they get an allocation from another dealer but the one they got went into production thursday morning! They sent me the production order sheet with the production order # and the VIN. The VIN said it was at the Munich facility.

I called the 800 number and the VIN said it wouldn't recognize it and the production # said it was schedule for production with no date set. Does that sound realistic? Would it take a couple days for the 800 number to update even though the dealer told me it went into prod Thursday morning?

Also I am in the North East - how long, if it did go into production Thursday morning, would you estimate before I can take delivery?

Thanks so much!
Advertisement
Old 01-25-2013, 11:23 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 335i Sport Sedan
I can't imagine a dealer making this all up. Did you try MY BMW on BMWUSA.COM?
Old 01-25-2013, 11:56 AM

Mein Auto: ALMOST HAVE - BMW 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by krash View Post
I can't imagine a dealer making this all up. Did you try MY BMW on BMWUSA.COM?
You sir are correct! I checked yesterday and it said what I stated in my original post but as of today it says Production Started!!

Woo hoo.. Pretty excited.

How long am I looking at if production started yesterday, it's at the Munich facility, and I live in NY? I know it is a rough estimate.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:15 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 335i Sport Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt69 View Post
You sir are correct! I checked yesterday and it said what I stated in my original post but as of today it says Production Started!!

How long am I looking at if production started yesterday, it's at the Munich facility, and I live in NY? I know it is a rough estimate.
I'm on the east coast too. My e90 only took 5 weeks. But you should count on 6 to 8 weeks overall.

You're lucky. Mine is being built in SA -- so I am looking at an additional 4 or 5 weeks on top of that.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:11 PM

Mein Auto: F30 '13 328i xDrive
Quote:

Mine took exactly 6 weeks from start of production to delivery. I missed a ship by a day and it sat at the port for about 8 days or it would have been quicker. It will probably be anywhere from 5 to 7 weeks.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:48 PM
328i xDrive Commuter

Mein Auto: 2013 328i xDrive Sport
Quote:

I ordered mine Saturday, October 13, 2013 and was in production less than a week later. I picked it up Saturday, November 24. That was exactly 5 weeks (35 days). I would think you would be close to that. Congratulations!

2013 328i xDrive / 8-Speed / Imperial Blue / Everest Grey / Sport Package / Premium Package / Tech Package / Heated Seats