Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E39 (1997 - 2003)

E39 (1997 - 2003)
The BMW 5-Series (E39 chassis) was introduced in the United States as a 1997 model year car and lasted until the 2004 when the E60 chassis was released. The United States saw several variations including the 525i, 528i, 530i and 540i. -- View the E39 Wiki

Old 01-25-2013, 03:26 PM
resident, old fart

Mein Auto: 2002 540i sport
lost soul

This in my PM today and I have no clue where the original post is , why he is PM'ing people after Blue told him it's a bad practice, and I'm not going looking for the original post. Our search engine is so lame putting in tilt sensor brought-up no threads and Im not going back 4 months!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddbmw525i
Hey 540IMAN,

How the heck do you "defeat the tilt sensor"..?
from your thread comment on 11-4

Desperate to find solution...
Todd
Blue Bee tried to tell you nicely and now I am...ask on the forum so everyone can know the answer not in PMs. I have no clue what tilt sensor you are referring to as I don't know where the hell the original post is or what is was pertaining
Advertisement
Old 01-25-2013, 04:08 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 540i/6
I won't defend the PMer, since I always try to ask questions publicly, and post answers when I find them.

That said, entering "tilt sensor" in quotes in the search did bring back a number of results, including a post by you on 11/4, as he mentioned (the 4th post in the thread):

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...ht=tilt+sensor