Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > General Automotive Forum

General Automotive Forum
All non-BMW car talk goes here...

Old 01-15-2013, 06:02 AM
resU deretsigeR

Mein Auto: Leaf Tekna
Nissan Leaf Price drop

Nissan just announced lower prices for the 2013 Leaf.

The base "top of sticker" price for Nissan Leaf dropped to $28,800 before incentives and tax credits. Last year's base price was $35,200.

There is a new lower trim S base model and the cars are built in the US instead of Japan.

US Pricing is now

Leaf S $28,800 (18% less than a 2012 SV)
Leaf SV $31,820 ($3,380 less than 2012)
Leaf SL $34,840 ($2,410 less than a similar 2012)

SV and SL now have a 6.6kW on-board charger and an improved heater. All 3 models have some range improvements.

The new lighter but more powerful charger almost certainly licences technology from partner Renault. Renault holds patents that cover reusing inverter and motor components in the charger circuit.

Source: Nissan Press Release via PRNewswire

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...186842222.html
The models and equipment (standard and optional) illustrated in this post reflect my misunderstanding of vehicles supplied by BMW AG to the German market. In other EU member states, the truthyness of my posts may vary. Please ignore this post. Subject to change.

Last edited by Andrew*Debbie; 01-15-2013 at 11:38 PM.
Advertisement
Old 01-15-2013, 06:20 PM
Not Wearing Pants

Mein Auto: Moped
Damn good deal. In CA the price will be below 20k for the base model. If this were available when I got my 2013 328i, I think I would have just decided, "screw it, let's give the ole try." As it stands now, I'm super excited about Tesla's statements regarding a 2016 electric 3 series fighter.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:35 AM
resU deretsigeR

Mein Auto: Leaf Tekna
UK price drop

Nissan UK just cut the price of the "old" Leaf about 10%. On the road price is now 24,490.

There is a new PCP (lease) deal too.

3,500 down 238/month for 36 months Option to purchase 12,649 6.9% APR.

Not that long ago a PCP lease was about 400/month.

Nissan may be doing this to move existing stock ahead of the launch of the English built Leaf. With the current Japanese built version, there is only one well equipped trim level roughly equivalent to the LEAF SV. Only options are metallic paint and the roof spoiler.

The lower price puts pressure on Renault. The new lower price undercuts the Fluence Z.E. It also makes a Leaf about the same price as the smaller Renault Zoe. At the other end it makes the i3 (rumored to be over 30,000) less attractive to cross shoppers.
The models and equipment (standard and optional) illustrated in this post reflect my misunderstanding of vehicles supplied by BMW AG to the German market. In other EU member states, the truthyness of my posts may vary. Please ignore this post. Subject to change.