Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 01-26-2013, 09:46 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 3 Series 328328i
Question Thinking of getting my first BMW ....

I know opinions are like belly buttons - we all have one! Thought I would come to the source though for some insight into the BMW 328i!

Just bought a rolex - so I'm thinking now need to upgrade my car!

Looked at Mercedes and then BMW - I like the BMW - more my style I think!

A dealer near me has a 2008 328i - is around $20K - I read they have the aluminum heads and were some problems or ???

I don't have a BMW yet - never have owned one - only rode in a couple - haven't even test drove this one yet. As soon as I said I was thinking of getting a BMW friends and relatives said look out for the cost of parts etc.

I owned sports cars before - were kind of expensive to keep them running but I'm thinking the quality of BMW must be better than those ones I had!

Any advice for someone just starting to look for a BMW would be great appreciated - its why I joined the forum!
Advertisement
Old 01-26-2013, 10:44 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 3 Series 328328i
Cancel that - should of knows was a common question - all answers here for anyone else thinking of getting one! Great forum and great help!

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=671816
Old 01-26-2013, 11:52 AM
The King of Common Sense

Send a message via Skype™ to Dave 330i
Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanpeterson View Post
I know opinions are like belly buttons - we all have one! Thought I would come to the source though for some insight into the BMW 328i!
Ha ha ha, that's a good one. I never thought about that.

Swim upstream. Go the other way. Ignore the conventional wisdom. If everybody is doing it one way, there’s a good chance you can find your niche by going exactly in the opposite direction", Sam Walton.