Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

View Poll Results: Which vehicle would you choose?
Acura MDX (MY2014) 2 4.00%
Audi Q7 (MY2014) 4 8.00%
BMW X5 (MY2014) 27 54.00%
INFINITI QX60 (MY2013) 1 2.00%
LEXUS RX (MY2013) 0 0%
MERCEDES ML (MY2013) 0 0%
PORSCHE CAYENNE (MY2013) 15 30.00%
VOLKSWAGEN TOUAREG (MY2013) 1 2.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-24-2013, 02:43 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2015 F80 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoUnion View Post
Looks like the Porsche up charge has paid off for you

http://www.trucktrend.com/future/spi...ied/index.html

Looks pretty decent in this pics, but it seems that with the angle on the boot, it will cut into the space.

I'm thinking low 40s starting (little more than Q5 2.0T), going all the way up to 100k on a top-spec twin turbo model.

Porsche-Audi working together is going to fantastic for us in the future.
Yeah, space will NOT be a strength but it should be sufficient relative to a 3-series. I will be checking out the top engine with all the sports options and minimum luxury, just leather, audio, Xenons and Nav. My Porsche CA has seen it at the factory in Germany and he was told that they might put a new small NA V8 in it as well. Those pictures are from my old home country. Northern Sweden, Arvidsjaur. many of us Swedes has memories from there since it's one of the locations used for winter training for certain military. It's cold.

Last edited by solstice; 01-24-2013 at 02:46 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:06 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: A box with 4 circles
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaod View Post
Just curious why the Range Rover isn't in the list? Or do you not consider this a "crossover?"

Anyways out of the list, I would pick the Cayenne since that's my second choice.
Besides the evoque and the LR-2/freelander, the entire LR/RR lineup are all body on frame designed beasts of machines. Since BMW hasn`t really wandered off into designing a vehicle that can be the ultimate on and off road machine (this probs will never happen ) I had to unfortunately overlook them.

Pricing isn`t really a main target on choosing the crossovers, since they cover extreme capital grounds (39K-100+K) but they all tend to snap on the luxury moniker.

Why does this matter?
CAUSE EVERY TIME someone says Lexus has better build quality, one should consider what Toyota their Lexus Engine and chassis platform comes out of and how long that part has been tested in the real world!
Old 01-27-2013, 08:09 AM
Chief Antagonist

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 750 Li
I have to say that my 2008 X5 4.8 was a great vehicle, but unfortunately I needed mroe space, and my wife hated the ride, even though I loved driving it. Some times on long hals, it got a little much, but averall, a top vehicle.
I was waiting fo rteh 2014 model to renew, but as layers of camo were removed, I coudl not make that leap. Just didnt look as aggressive as teh E70, and not ecstatic over the design, especially since it will follwo design cues from teh X3 style.
That being said, I pted for teh 2013 MB GL550. 430HP, 3 rows, excellent curb appeal, and a ride that is superior, IMO. It is not the handling scalpel that teh x5 was by any means, and I have to say that in the times I want to get a bit fun with it, it always corrals me in and makes behave like a proper citizen. The X5 said HELL YEAH and LETS F this SH!T UP when I got on it. Speaking of taht, teh GL does stomp a mudhole in your ass when you floor it. It shoots straigh and fast, but god forbbid you make a tight turn.
Anyways. I am forever a love rof BMW and teh E70, and teh GL does fit what I need but The X5 has a special place in my heart!
|