Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-27-2013, 03:30 PM
PeterC4 PeterC4 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Toronto
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 960
Mein Auto: 535xi,328xiC
Missing Files in 48.3

I have downloaded all of the new 48.3 files. After a very recent recoding of my 2012 535xi at the dealer I cannot re-code anything related to the HUD or NAVI screen or DVD in motion. I am missing these files:

Transaktions-Report: Aktion: Codierdaten lesen


HU_CIC [63] [DU58559]
readCPS o.k.
cafd_000000f9-007_003_022 Fehler:
File for "cafd_000000f9-007_003_022" not found! [C012]

KOMBI [60] [DU58559]
readCPS o.k.
cafd_00000069-009_000_050 Fehler:
File for "cafd_00000069-009_000_050" not found! [C012]

Any one run accross this? Also, can anyone verify the size of the last zipped file for me? It is smaller than the rest, but for some reason when I was downloanding some files again the last one came up different. I'm at a loss at this point.
__________________
2012 535xi M-Sport, Carbon Black, Cinnamon-Alum Hex, Exec Pack, Tech Pack, HUD, Damper Control, BMW Apps, Heated Rear Seats, BMS Tune
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 01-27-2013, 03:52 PM
ImSW1 ImSW1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Sacramento, CA
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 171
Mein Auto: F10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterC4 View Post
I have downloaded all of the new 48.3 files. After a very recent recoding of my 2012 535xi at the dealer I cannot re-code anything related to the HUD or NAVI screen or DVD in motion. I am missing these files:

Transaktions-Report: Aktion: Codierdaten lesen


HU_CIC [63] [DU58559]
readCPS o.k.
cafd_000000f9-007_003_022 Fehler:
File for "cafd_000000f9-007_003_022" not found! [C012]

KOMBI [60] [DU58559]
readCPS o.k.
cafd_00000069-009_000_050 Fehler:
File for "cafd_00000069-009_000_050" not found! [C012]

Any one run accross this? Also, can anyone verify the size of the last zipped file for me? It is smaller than the rest, but for some reason when I was downloanding some files again the last one came up different. I'm at a loss at this point.
Both CAFD's are located in 48.1, 48.2 and 48.3. If you have copies of the earlier psdzdata files you can pull them from there. If you can't locate them, let me know and I'll attach them.

Sean
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-27-2013, 03:52 PM
PeterC4 PeterC4 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Toronto
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 960
Mein Auto: 535xi,328xiC
Shawn to the rescue with the files....but they were there already!! The CAFD files for HU CIC and KOMBI cannot be accessed on my car. Others modules can be accessed. Did I FUBAR something? Other modules seem to work. When I installed the new files first time around I had some incomplete files and thats when I got the first error messages. I downloaded everything correctly and reinstalled my PSdZ data file. To no avail. I cannot get access. Have they locked me out??? Do in need to reset something?
__________________
2012 535xi M-Sport, Carbon Black, Cinnamon-Alum Hex, Exec Pack, Tech Pack, HUD, Damper Control, BMW Apps, Heated Rear Seats, BMS Tune
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-27-2013, 04:02 PM
PeterC4 PeterC4 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Toronto
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 960
Mein Auto: 535xi,328xiC
Okay, its a match of MAN and COMPUTER. When I look for the files in the CAFD folder they cannot be found. When I went to add them I got the message they were already there so I replaced them...okay, this means war.
__________________
2012 535xi M-Sport, Carbon Black, Cinnamon-Alum Hex, Exec Pack, Tech Pack, HUD, Damper Control, BMW Apps, Heated Rear Seats, BMS Tune
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-27-2013, 04:08 PM
ImSW1 ImSW1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Sacramento, CA
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 171
Mein Auto: F10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterC4 View Post
Shawn to the rescue with the files....but they were there already!! The CAFD files for HU CIC and KOMBI cannot be accessed on my car. Others modules can be accessed. Did I FUBAR something? Other modules seem to work. When I installed the new files first time around I had some incomplete files and thats when I got the first error messages. I downloaded everything correctly and reinstalled my PSdZ data file. To no avail. I cannot get access. Have they locked me out??? Do in need to reset something?
What is the current I-step (open E-Sys > Expert Mode > open VCM tab > VCM master tab > click "read" in I-steps window > post "I-Step Current") on your car? Did you download the complete 48.3 psdzdata set or the difference dataset? I don't think we've seen the same issues on the F10 as the F20/30, but there is a possibility that the new updated CAFDs could have the new verification stage. Hopefully it's just some corrupted files.

Sean
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-27-2013, 04:12 PM
ImSW1 ImSW1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Sacramento, CA
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 171
Mein Auto: F10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterC4 View Post
Okay, its a match of MAN and COMPUTER. When I look for the files in the CAFD folder they cannot be found. When I went to add them I got the message they were already there so I replaced them...okay, this means war.
Here's the two CAFD's. Just remove the .pdf at the end of the file name and drop them into the applicable folder.

Sean
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cafd_000000f9.caf.007_003_022.pdf (2.83 MB, 48 views)
File Type: pdf cafd_00000069.caf.009_000_050.pdf (1.92 MB, 47 views)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-27-2013, 04:31 PM
PeterC4 PeterC4 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Toronto
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 960
Mein Auto: 535xi,328xiC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSW1 View Post
Here's the two CAFD's. Just remove the .pdf at the end of the file name and drop them into the applicable folder.

Sean
Thanks for this. Shawn gave them to me too. Hmmm. When I look in my CAFD file folder they are not there, or I can't see them, but when I go to install them, they are. Hmmm....
__________________
2012 535xi M-Sport, Carbon Black, Cinnamon-Alum Hex, Exec Pack, Tech Pack, HUD, Damper Control, BMW Apps, Heated Rear Seats, BMS Tune
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-27-2013, 04:39 PM
PeterC4 PeterC4 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Toronto
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 960
Mein Auto: 535xi,328xiC
This file came from another computer and may be blocked to protect this computer....could this be it? I unblocked it. Let's see.
__________________
2012 535xi M-Sport, Carbon Black, Cinnamon-Alum Hex, Exec Pack, Tech Pack, HUD, Damper Control, BMW Apps, Heated Rear Seats, BMS Tune
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-27-2013, 04:41 PM
PeterC4 PeterC4 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Toronto
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 960
Mein Auto: 535xi,328xiC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSW1 View Post
What is the current I-step (open E-Sys > Expert Mode > open VCM tab > VCM master tab > click "read" in I-steps window > post "I-Step Current") on your car? Did you download the complete 48.3 psdzdata set or the difference dataset? I don't think we've seen the same issues on the F10 as the F20/30, but there is a possibility that the new updated CAFDs could have the new verification stage. Hopefully it's just some corrupted files.

Sean
I downloaded from the link you sent, but I believe it was the complete set.
__________________
2012 535xi M-Sport, Carbon Black, Cinnamon-Alum Hex, Exec Pack, Tech Pack, HUD, Damper Control, BMW Apps, Heated Rear Seats, BMS Tune
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-27-2013, 05:08 PM
PeterC4 PeterC4 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Toronto
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 960
Mein Auto: 535xi,328xiC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSW1 View Post
What is the current I-step (open E-Sys > Expert Mode > open VCM tab > VCM master tab > click "read" in I-steps window > post "I-Step Current") on your car? Did you download the complete 48.3 psdzdata set or the difference dataset? I don't think we've seen the same issues on the F10 as the F20/30, but there is a possibility that the new updated CAFDs could have the new verification stage. Hopefully it's just some corrupted files.

Sean
Current I-Step is F10-12-11=503. Try as I might the files cannot be read, but I know they are in my CADF file. Every other module works. But these are not accessible, by me anyway. So my HUD and DVD cannot be coded. Interstingly, my DVD in Motion CD has been locked out too, it iwll not work. It did last update. Me thinks I have been locked out.


Transaktions-Report: Aktion: Codierdaten lesen


HU_CIC [63] [DU58559]
readCPS o.k.
cafd_000000f9-007_003_022 Fehler:
File for "cafd_000000f9-007_003_022" not found! [C012]

KOMBI [60] [DU58559]
readCPS o.k.
cafd_00000069-009_000_050 Fehler:
File for "cafd_00000069-009_000_050" not found! [C012]
__________________
2012 535xi M-Sport, Carbon Black, Cinnamon-Alum Hex, Exec Pack, Tech Pack, HUD, Damper Control, BMW Apps, Heated Rear Seats, BMS Tune
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-27-2013, 06:24 PM
ImSW1 ImSW1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Sacramento, CA
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 171
Mein Auto: F10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterC4 View Post
Current I-Step is F10-12-11=503. Try as I might the files cannot be read, but I know they are in my CADF file. Every other module works. But these are not accessible, by me anyway. So my HUD and DVD cannot be coded. Interstingly, my DVD in Motion CD has been locked out too, it iwll not work. It did last update. Me thinks I have been locked out.
[C012]
F10-12-11-503 is related to the 2.48.2 psdzdata set. I have the same I-Step in my car and have no problem accessing HU_CIC using E-Sys 3.18.4 and psdzdata 48.2 (I don't have HUD). I wonder if the files are "hidden" or have inherited some strange permissions from your computer. There's no reason why you shouldn't be able to see the files.

Sean
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-27-2013, 06:24 PM
cn555ic cn555ic is offline
The Coder guy in N.Y
Location: New York, Brooklyn
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 451
Mein Auto: bmw
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterC4 View Post
Current I-Step is F10-12-11=503. Try as I might the files cannot be read, but I know they are in my CADF file. Every other module works. But these are not accessible, by me anyway. So my HUD and DVD cannot be coded. Interstingly, my DVD in Motion CD has been locked out too, it iwll not work. It did last update. Me thinks I have been locked out.


Transaktions-Report: Aktion: Codierdaten lesen


HU_CIC [63] [DU58559]
readCPS o.k.
cafd_000000f9-007_003_022 Fehler:
File for "cafd_000000f9-007_003_022" not found! [C012]

KOMBI [60] [DU58559]
readCPS o.k.
cafd_00000069-009_000_050 Fehler:
File for "cafd_00000069-009_000_050" not found! [C012]

you should call the DVD place and tell them of your issue...see what they say about the cd not working as it should work because its has your vins...
__________________
Need any help Call 917-939-4980
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-27-2013, 06:26 PM
PeterC4 PeterC4 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Toronto
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 960
Mein Auto: 535xi,328xiC
Okay, finally got my dvdinmotion disk to "activate while moving" in a very unconventional way. I don't know if I could ever repeat the installation steps, but something is up. Hopefully I will fix this with a complete re-load of my PSdZ Data file. We'll see.
__________________
2012 535xi M-Sport, Carbon Black, Cinnamon-Alum Hex, Exec Pack, Tech Pack, HUD, Damper Control, BMW Apps, Heated Rear Seats, BMS Tune

Last edited by PeterC4; 01-27-2013 at 06:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-27-2013, 08:54 PM
PeterC4 PeterC4 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Toronto
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 960
Mein Auto: 535xi,328xiC
It works Now

Apologies to all.

It really helps when you update your PSdZ data files that you update the

C:\ESysData\psdzdata\swe\cafd

with the new psdzdata files. Get rid of the old psdzdata file. Also, take care to ensure the download was absolutely complete.

I was updating my back-up file?!!.

Thanks Shawn..
__________________
2012 535xi M-Sport, Carbon Black, Cinnamon-Alum Hex, Exec Pack, Tech Pack, HUD, Damper Control, BMW Apps, Heated Rear Seats, BMS Tune
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-28-2013, 08:21 AM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 12,423
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterC4 View Post
Apologies to all.

It really helps when you update your PSdZ data files that you update the

C:\ESysData\psdzdata\swe\cafd

with the new psdzdata files. Get rid of the old psdzdata file. Also, take care to ensure the download was absolutely complete.

I was updating my back-up file?!!.

Thanks Shawn..
Your welcome.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms