Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E34 (1989 - 1995)

E34 (1989 - 1995)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2013, 03:19 PM
http://i1341.photobucket.

Mein Auto: '89 E34 535i
Heavy Rains in Sydney - Messing with my E34

Hi Guys, I have done a search however nothing helps my particular problem.

We have had very heavy rain in Sydney over the past 24 hours. My car was parked outside. I woke up at 3:00am thismorning to the sound of my car alarm ringing (not sure what caused the alarm to be triggered, Im thinking water in electrics?). I ran out in the rain to turn the alarm off and found firstly, my interior lights were on, then I found that an abundance of water had leaked through the sunroof, trickling its way down the passenger front windscreen pillar and creating a pool in my passenger footwell.

I tried to start the car and sure enough a flat battery. I had no choice but to leave it until the morning. 3 hours later I jumped the car and did my best and soaking up the water. 3 Problems I now face.

1. When the car is on, I get a chime on the dash saying that one of the doors is open (when they are all closed). Every time I come to a Stop and them move forward again, the "door open" chime rings again.

2. When I turn the car off the reverse lights remain on, even when the car is not in reverse. The reverse lights stay on even when the LKM is disconnected (not sure if the LKM controls the reverse lights or not)

3. From the searches I have done, the sunroof drain is probably clogged which is causing the water to leak inside. Anyone know any tricks and tips in getting to the sunroof drain and cleaning it?

Thanks in advance.