Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest Regional > Regional Forums > Southeast Regional - AR, AL, GA, FL, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, and TN

Southeast Regional - AR, AL, GA, FL, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, and TN
Regional forum for members in AR, AL, GA, FL, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, and TN

Old 01-28-2013, 07:46 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2003 530i 5spd Manual
Tampa Body shop needed - Hit a Hog!!

That's right guys. I was having a great weekend. Got my CCV done, Cam sensor O-ring done, detailed my car and my wife's new 3 week old Honda CRV for the frist time. So we go to dinner that night, have a gift card to Bob Evans. On the way home at 8:30pm 2 miles from the house we hit a hog, figure close to 200 #, with her CRV @ 45mph!! It didn't dawn on me at the time, it all happen so fast and I had the 6mo old baby crying in the back seat... but it was being chased by a hunting dog. Some lady picked the dog up and put it in her car, everyone stopping thought I was out in the road trying to catch my dog. No, I hit the hog who is now dead in the ditch. Dog almost got hit by traffic going the other direction. The dog did have a collar. But I didn't think to snap a pic of it with my phone. Wishing I had. So now I have to pay my deductible and pay for a rental car (I don't carry rental coverage). And these hicks were hunting in city limits, park land or something. That's what has me fuming. I snapped pics of the car, hog, power pole tag where it happened near and got the baby home ASAP. Called the sheriff dept, they don't issue police reports for those kinds of incidents but would send someone to get the hog and debris picked up. I called my insurance and filed a claim.

None of the Honda dealers in my area of Tampa have in house body shops. One Honda Dealer puts their name on a body shop. That's all I found for dealer work. I may take it to a body shop that is used by the BMW and Benz Dealer. Gene Perez. Anyone have experieicne with this shop? Or can recommend a good indi shop in Tampa?

Garage queen: '07 335i Sedan, base pkg, 6spd Manual, Procede 3 V5 w/NLS, staggered 18" 313's w/Conti DWS's, OS Giken TCD LSD, VAC Street Diff Cover, Akebono Euro Pads, CDV Removed, Black BMW Grilles, Interior & Exterior white LED lighting, LUX Angel Eyes, Debadged, Llumar ATR Tint.
Advertisement
Old 01-28-2013, 02:20 PM

Mein Auto: 745li
Primo near MacDill AFB painted a twin RX for me and did a fantastic job. They specializes in European cars..
Old 01-28-2013, 06:31 PM

ended up having it towed to Gene Perez at their main location. What a fiasco. Apparently FL is the 2nd state in the country with # of ferrel pigs. #1 is texas. Apparently this hog problem is getting worse by the day. Funny... they just aired a story on the Sarasota news last night about this.

Garage queen: '07 335i Sedan, base pkg, 6spd Manual, Procede 3 V5 w/NLS, staggered 18" 313's w/Conti DWS's, OS Giken TCD LSD, VAC Street Diff Cover, Akebono Euro Pads, CDV Removed, Black BMW Grilles, Interior & Exterior white LED lighting, LUX Angel Eyes, Debadged, Llumar ATR Tint.

Last edited by FLE39; 01-28-2013 at 06:32 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:18 PM

Update. Got the car back this Friday night. Gene Perez work is 2nd to none. I went over it with a flash light from under, over, engien bay etc. Awsome work. I did find 2 small tweaks which are not really an issue.

1- Driver's wiper arm was re-installed about 2" higher than the wiper matrix mark so when you ran the wipers it went over the A pillar. 17mm socket and less than 1 song later I had it to the factory windshield alignment mark.

2- They have dealers do the alignment. Alignment is perfect but the goof who did the job just didn't make sure the wheel was "perfectly" centered. it's about 1/2" down to the left. I'm going to have my wife drive it until it's due for an oil change and I'll have the Honda Dealer we take it to do anohter alignment with print out and I'll stress the centering of the wheel. That usually works best in past experience.

Deffinately happy with the work though. Especially the important work. Paint, structural etc. These 2 tic tac items are small potatoes in a $6k repair bill. Deffinately can recommend Gene Perez for high quality body work in Tampa. I'm probably going to have them do some of the body work on my E39 when life calms down a bit.

Last edited by FLE39; 03-02-2013 at 08:20 PM.