Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 01-26-2013, 12:40 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 750Li
Iím not going to spend any money dynoing it because Dinan would dispute the numbers anyway. The only thing I have thought of doing is going to another dealer and having them check it out. I donít think my sales person is really pushing Dinan upgrades anymore.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:54 PM
CABimmerNation

Mein Auto: 2010 750i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard109 View Post
I'm not going to spend any money dynoing it because Dinan would dispute the numbers anyway. The only thing I have thought of doing is going to another dealer and having them check it out. I don't think my sales person is really pushing Dinan upgrades anymore.
With the results you have I would demand they remove it and get your money back. My car is night and day different. I don't know if you read everything I posted on my experience with the upgrade. The BMW dealership had my car for 5 days to do a 2 hour Dinan install. They knew I needed my car back for the weekend and guess what, miraculously late Friday afternoon the upgrade worked. I guess they figured whats the worst that can happen, customer knows its not installed, we lie and say the computer tells us it is. I ran 10 0-60 runs before and after and it was identical. Brought it back, told them to install it correctly or refund my money. I got excuse, lie, excuse, lie, then I said return my money. Three days later it worked. When it's installed correctly, the moment you touch the throttle leaving the parking lot, you can tell. All this bs about driving style, shift points, your wife drives it too soft, ect...all crap. My car stock is 5.0 seconds 0-60, in my before tests it ran 5.0-5.1 every time. Now it runs 4.2-4.3 every time.
Dinan S3, PedalBox, 22" Agetro rims, H&R spt springs, RDsport front lip, coded, paddle shift retrofit, AlpineMSS HID 8000k. All exterior chrome, roof, roof spoiler and everything behind wheels painted black, wing, side and rear reflectors and door handle trim painted white, light smoke on tail lights. Audio: focal separates, earthquake low profile subs under front seats (crossed over as mid base to support the pathetic 4" fronts), arc audio amps, audiocontrol lcq-1 and epicenter, (2) L7 subs.

Last edited by CABimmerNation; 01-26-2013 at 01:26 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:10 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 750i
Quote:
Originally Posted by CABimmerNation View Post
With the results you have I would demand they remove it and get your money back. My car is night and day different. I don't know if you read everything I posted on my experience with the upgrade. The BMW dealership had my car for 5 days to do a 2 hour Dinan install. They knew I needed my car back for the weekend and guess what, miraculously late Friday afternoon the upgrade worked. I guess they figured whats the worst that can happen, customer knows its not installed, we lie and say the computer tells us it is. I ran 10 0-60 runs before and after and it was identical. Brought it back, told them to install it correctly or refund my money. I got excuse, lie, excuse, lie, then I said return my money. Three days later it worked. When it's installed correctly, the moment you touch the throttle leaving the parking lot, you can tell. All this bs about driving style, shift points, your wife drives it too soft, ect...all crap. My car stock is 5.0 seconds 0-60, in my before tests it ran 5.0-5.1 every time. Now it runs 4.2-4.3 every time.
What a shady dealer. Dinan should add something to the code to verify that the install is active - like their logo on the idrive screen upon startup.

2013 750i Mineral White
Previous Bimmers:
2011 750i Jet Black
2007 750i Monaco Blue
Old 01-26-2013, 01:24 PM
CABimmerNation

Mein Auto: 2010 750i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamG13 View Post
What a shady dealer. Dinan should add something to the code to verify that the install is active - like their logo on the idrive screen upon startup.
Dinan is linked with the dealer during the install. BMW techs hook your car to the computer and then Dinan performs the install. They are all shady, unfortunately. When I brought my car back and told them it wasn't installed, what else can they do but lie and tell me the computer says it is. Are we really to believe that Dinan has the tech savvy to write over 2000 lines of code for this upgrade, but their software can't accurately tell if it's installed or not....right. 4pm Friday evening said my software was installed correctly.
Dinan S3, PedalBox, 22" Agetro rims, H&R spt springs, RDsport front lip, coded, paddle shift retrofit, AlpineMSS HID 8000k. All exterior chrome, roof, roof spoiler and everything behind wheels painted black, wing, side and rear reflectors and door handle trim painted white, light smoke on tail lights. Audio: focal separates, earthquake low profile subs under front seats (crossed over as mid base to support the pathetic 4" fronts), arc audio amps, audiocontrol lcq-1 and epicenter, (2) L7 subs.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:02 PM
RocknDoc

Mein Auto: 2012 F02 750Lix
Top speed in 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Wahoo View Post
Everything I read says my 7 Series Individual is supposed to be speed limited at 149 MPH but I am actually being limited at 133 MPH (let's not talk about how I know that). Said something to dealer who said "Oh, yeah, all cars sold in the US are limited at 133, its a federal law". So I said, "You mean my 2004 911 Turbo is limited at 133 MPH?" and he said "Oh, yeah. At least it's supposed to be but not all manufacturers follow the law but at BMW we take those things very seriously." I then got a 7 series brochure and opened it to the page which said the top end was limited at 149. He said it was a typo. I directed him to the web site which says the same thing and he said he'd look into it. Today he said that there is a margin of error on the speedo so it's possible that the car was doing 149 when the speedo said it was doing 133 and that was the likely explanation. I gave up and did not explain how it's illegal in Germany for cars to travel faster than their speedo which is why all BMWs show slightly higher speeds than actual. ANYWAY, the whole thing is frustrating. What I am looking for is anyone who KNOWS where their car is limited or if it can do better than 133 (we don't need to discuss how we know that and can assume any driving was done on a private road where speed limits don't apply). Also, anyone know why my car might be limited at 133 and what to do about it? BTW, I am pretty pissed about the whole thing.
Dinan Stage III.... Of course this was on a closed circuit and not flat out.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3416.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	359685