Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-29-2013, 07:33 AM
Serious About Shine

Send a message via Yahoo to bighungry618
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjscott View Post
I really like this combination for my carbon black 550xi M Sport. Are these available from an aftermarket vendor? I would hate to have to buy two different ones to make the desired result.

I'm assuming that you bought one grill and took pieces from your stock grill to make the finished product. Correct?
JJ,

The grille is the one that came on the car. I removed it, separated the trim ring from the slats then prepped and painted it. $46.00 total cost.

See this thread
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=569389

Also, Bigdeep did the same mod. He bought the performance grille and swapped the trim rings. Same look, higher cost but way less effort.

"IRENE" = 2011 535i M-Sport, Jet Black/Black Dakota, Premium, Cold
Mods:
JB4 Stage 2, Black Grille Surrounds, Black Fender Signal Trim, Body color front / rear reflectors and rear diffuser, DeBadged, 20% LLumar ATR premium tint.
To keep your car looking its very best:
Detailed Image Auto Detailing Supplies

Last edited by bighungry618; 01-29-2013 at 07:36 AM.