Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 01-29-2013, 09:01 PM

Mein Auto: 745I
Exclamation engine malfunction reduced power

Hi guys,
am new to here, I have a question. I just bought 2002 745i that has 106xxx miles in it.
Anyways, i brought the car to the dealership to check before i buy it and they told me everything was good except for the radiator hose which i paid 380 to replace it. 3 hours later i took the car from the dealer gave the guy his money and drove home. By that time i was driving home i stopped to put some gas and i didn't know which one to put, so i had the highest one" premium." Anyways, after 10 minutes driving a warning message appeared " engine malfunction reduced power " and the car started to feel its gonna shut off. Then all of the sudden, the car won't drive fast it was really really slow and hard to get to 80, so i stopped and turned the car off then turned it on back again the sign went away the car was fine. 5 miles later the sign came back and the car started to act like before. What could that be. Don't tell take it back to the guy because he said i already sold it and he refused to take it back he said i gave to you and everything was normal and even the dealer said it was okay. Plz help me guys what do you think it is.
Advertisement
Old 01-30-2013, 01:37 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E65 745i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw1990 View Post
Hi guys,
am new to here, I have a question. I just bought 2002 745i that has 106xxx miles in it.
Anyways, i brought the car to the dealership to check before i buy it and they told me everything was good except for the radiator hose which i paid 380 to replace it. 3 hours later i took the car from the dealer gave the guy his money and drove home. By that time i was driving home i stopped to put some gas and i didn't know which one to put, so i had the highest one" premium." Anyways, after 10 minutes driving a warning message appeared " engine malfunction reduced power " and the car started to feel its gonna shut off. Then all of the sudden, the car won't drive fast it was really really slow and hard to get to 80, so i stopped and turned the car off then turned it on back again the sign went away the car was fine. 5 miles later the sign came back and the car started to act like before. What could that be. Don't tell take it back to the guy because he said i already sold it and he refused to take it back he said i gave to you and everything was normal and even the dealer said it was okay. Plz help me guys what do you think it is.
Get the fault codes read to find out.

Happened once or twice in my old car and happens to my friends 335i sometimes.

The engine ECU is very sensitive and will go into failsafe to prevent damage very quickly, although I must say why would to try to continue to drive the car hard once you have a warning telling you something is wrong with the engine?
Old 01-30-2013, 10:57 AM

Mein Auto: 745I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piers1989 View Post
Get the fault codes read to find out.

Happened once or twice in my old car and happens to my friends 335i sometimes.

The engine ECU is very sensitive and will go into failsafe to prevent damage very quickly, although I must say why would to try to continue to drive the car hard once you have a warning telling you something is wrong with the engine?
Ha Ha i was so upset i hated the car, i swear i want to run over a wall or something. But am calm now. Anyways i went to autozone just an hour ago and these are the codes. P0102, P1062, P1043. Also the guy in there said i wanna take a look at the air mass sensor, and he said the it was installed the other way around, so we did fixed it and put the right way, but the car still shows the same warning.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:47 AM
CRISP & CLEAN

Mein Auto: 745LI
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw1990 View Post
Ha Ha i was so upset i hated the car, i swear i want to run over a wall or something. But am calm now. Anyways i went to autozone just an hour ago and these are the codes. P0102, P1062, P1043. Also the guy in there said i wanna take a look at the air mass sensor, and he said the it was installed the other way around, so we did fixed it and put the right way, but the car still shows the same warning.
Did you clear the codes after you turned the Maf around ?

If you need a Custom 2014 DVD Navigation Map
East or West for your E65 E66 PM me for price .
Or if you Need an AUX Plug for your car hit me up