Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Classifieds > Performance

Performance
CAIs, SCs, differentials, SSKs, exhausts etc.....

Old 01-30-2013, 11:47 AM

Mein Auto: 128i ED
FS - Used: BMW Performance Exhaust 135i (E82/E88)

Sold the item

Hey everyone,
I had BMW's Performance Exhaust (BMW Part No. 18102208806) installed on my 2011 135i early last year by a BMW dealership in Phoenix, replacing my original stock exhaust. I've been incredibly happy with my purchase and am only selling due to some odd circumstances.

A few months ago I was rear ended by a motorist who didn't see that traffic had slowed in front of her. It was a very low speed impact and only minor cosmetic damage was done to my bumper and exhaust tips. Fortunately, insurance covered everything and the BMW Collision Center was able to make everything good as new.

The collision center decided that, rather than repair the cosmetic damage done to the exhaust tips, that they'd rather replace the whole exhaust system. After all was said and done, they gave me the old performance exhaust to do whatever I'd like with. The manager had suggested that I try to sell the part, since the damage is only cosmetic and doesn't affect the integrity of the exhaust as a whole.

Attached are a few photos. You'll see the exhaust tips were powder coated black, which was done by the BMW dealership at time of install. The pink markings are grease pencil to help highlight where the damage is and what appears to be a dent on the resonator is in fact how the piece is manufactured.

Here's a description from BMW's Part Page:

Quote:
This exhaust system is made of high quality stainless steel with 2 x 80 mm tail pipes. Developed with the latest CAD and FEM technology for the best fit and OEM quality. Due to an optimized exhaust flow, this muffler produces an incredible note without the inherent interior cabin droning noise associated with some aftermarket exhaust systems. Exhaust backpressure is also decreased with the BMW Performance exhaust.
I'm looking for $300 USD OBO + Shipping. Shipping costs will be vary depending on your location, but shipping from San Jose, CA seems to be anywhere between $75 for locations on the West coast to $120 for locations on the East coast.

Sold the item
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	$(KGrHqFHJE4FCr(YcK6KBQwjPpk5(g~~60_57.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	359862   Click image for larger version

Name:	$(KGrHqJHJE0FCsjbm-)!BQwjPuIUwg~~60_57.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	359863   Click image for larger version

Name:	$(KGrHqZHJE8FCn)VhulWBQwjPmL)+w~~60_57.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	359864   Click image for larger version

Name:	$T2eC16Z,!)UE9s3wDd4,BQwjPy1mZg~~60_57.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	359865  

Last edited by MrIncognito; 02-21-2013 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Sold the item.
Ads by Google
Old 02-17-2013, 12:23 PM

Mein Auto: 135i N55 DCT
PM sent