Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 (2004 - 2010)

E60 (2004 - 2010)
BMW 5-Series (E60 chassis) was first seen in the Unites States in the fall of 2003 with a 2004 Model Year designation. The E60 is now available as a 528i, 528xi, 535i, 535xi, 550i and a 535xi sports wagon! -- View the E60 Wiki

Old 01-30-2013, 11:27 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 525i
Green light next to headlight knob blinking (AHL not working)

The other day I got into my car and my green indicator saying that my lights are on was blinking. I did some research the only thing I could find was that my adaptive head lights were no longer adaptive. I can't find anything about how to fix it, the only thing I could find was why it might have happened and to take it to the dealership or replace the headlights. Has anyone ever delt with this? I figured this is a great opportunity to pull my lights off and black them out. The most common reason was that moisture is in the headlights. So I'm going to pull them off, cut them open, dry out everything and put some new stuff in. If i mess it up, new headlights, if I can't get them to go back to moving when I turn, new headlights. Has anyone ever fixed this and how did you do it?
Old 01-30-2013, 11:57 AM
Propellers Up Front

Mein Auto: Some Bavarian car outside
This happened to a co-worker in an E90. He took it to the dealer and gave him a new light module for I think was a $1200 job. 2008 328i with blinking green light and they were not steering with the wheels.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:31 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 525i
Thats my issue right now, is that the only way I can find to fix it is to replace the headlights. I'm the kind of person who will try and fix it first before I pay out to someone else to fix it. I have two E92s and an E60. I'm not a warranty kind of guy either. I can pay someone to fix it but that is my last resort.