Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 09-18-2012, 07:22 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2010 & 2012 X5 35d
Seat cover for multi-contour seats

Does anybody know of a good seat cover for the front seats, that will fit the E70 multi-contour (comfort) seats? I am looking for something that's easy to throw over the seat when ever needed.

So far, I've found the following, anybody have experience with these? http://www.amazon.com/AutoSport-Sher...ata/B006B3E3N0

http://www.autosportcatalog.com/micr...1-A975011A68AA
Advertisement
Old 09-19-2012, 07:06 PM

Mein Auto: X5 35d
Wow- do I ever need to find some seat covers for the multi-countours as well! I'm about to pick up my new E70 next week and my 6-month old German Shorthair (he's almost 50 lbs) will destroy my leather, I'm certain of it! I'll be searching for some seat covers as well and will share with the group what I find.

Thanks,

John
Old 09-19-2012, 11:43 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 M3
You could get the OEM ones from getbmwparts.com. Cat # 82110036065*
Old 09-20-2012, 06:00 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 X5 35i
I have the sherpa plex covers. They are awesome, I use them when I go to the beach. The BMW seats are a bit tall, the covers will not cover the whole seat if you slip them over the head rest, so I tucked it under the head rest and they were fine. Best thing, when you get home, just throw them in the wash and they are like new. I've had them for about 4 years, still like new.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:17 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 & 2012 X5 35d
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnadrifter View Post
You could get the OEM ones from getbmwparts.com. Cat # 82110036065*
I looked at those earlier, but they don't fit the comfort seats, at least according to the web site. Otherwise would have been an obvious choice. I wonder if they can somehow be fitted onto comfort seats?
Old 09-20-2012, 08:39 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbmw View Post
I looked at those earlier, but they don't fit the comfort seats, at least according to the web site. Otherwise would have been an obvious choice. I wonder if they can somehow be fitted onto comfort seats?
Good to know.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:13 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Military BMW
Mein Auto: 2013 535i xDrive M Sport
Sherpa Plex Recommended for F10 multi-contour seats as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobamoo View Post
I have the sherpa plex covers. They are awesome, I use them when I go to the beach. The BMW seats are a bit tall, the covers will not cover the whole seat if you slip them over the head rest, so I tucked it under the head rest and they were fine. Best thing, when you get home, just throw them in the wash and they are like new. I've had them for about 4 years, still like new.
I'm not sure if multi-contour seats are standard for all models or if there are variants of multi-contour seats, but I was wondering, would you recommend Sherpa Plex for the multi-contour seats in the F10 (2013 535)? Also, I looked at a few websites but I didn't see if there were other colors to choose from or if it was just a standard gray. Thanks for your help.

FU73, 300, LCDF, ZCW, ZDA, ZLS, ZMP, ZPP, ZTP, 223, 2TB, 323, 416, 4B5, 4U1, 5AC, 677

Old 01-08-2013, 07:51 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 X5 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Military BMW View Post
I'm not sure if multi-contour seats are standard for all models or if there are variants of multi-contour seats, but I was wondering, would you recommend Sherpa Plex for the multi-contour seats in the F10 (2013 535)? Also, I looked at a few websites but I didn't see if there were other colors to choose from or if it was just a standard gray. Thanks for your help.
Really does not matter what brand or type of seat, these covers are universal. I bought them many years ago for a Subaru Outback. I no longer have my X5, but these covers work in both my Volvos just as well. They don't hug or conform to the seat, more like a throw. You may have to fiddle with placement over or around the headrest, depending on seat back height. But for temporary use (beach, taking fido to the vet, wet clothes) they are awesome. I believe they also make a larger one to use on the back seat. And being able to toss them in the washer when you are done is the best. Mine have been washed too many times to count, look like new.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:09 PM

Mein Auto: Audi Allroad
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbmw View Post
Sorry to revive an old thread, but does anyone know why these will not fit the comfort seats?

They look very basic and are like a vest. So, the back rest part should fit fine right? Only problem might be if one extends the thigh support? The fabric is obviously a fixed length on the seat bottom? I wonder if they would work if you didn't extend the thigh support?