Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E39 (1997 - 2003)

E39 (1997 - 2003)
The BMW 5-Series (E39 chassis) was introduced in the United States as a 1997 model year car and lasted until the 2004 when the E60 chassis was released. The United States saw several variations including the 525i, 528i, 530i and 540i. -- View the E39 Wiki

Old 01-31-2013, 05:48 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 530i
Unhappy angeleye lit very dim although battery dead?

Hey everyone, im knew to this forum and ive took advice on searching around for similiar malfunctions someone has had in relation and have found yet nothing to help me out. I have a 2003 530i that ive owned for about 8 months now. In that time i had to replace my alternator cause she was becoming a dead. After that i found that my battery was slowly going as well. One night i came out and noticed my driver side halo light was in a dim pulsation type mode. Tried to start it but the car was completely dead(maybe about 3 clicks within). Thought that was weird as **** considering my battery was dead and that light was dim? anyways got a new battery,two weeks later here i am and its completely dead again. please help a man out,thank you
Advertisement
Old 01-31-2013, 06:05 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '02 530i Sport auto
A bad FSU is the most common cause for battery drain. Do a search for FSU to determine if you are having any of those symptoms. Refer to the first stickied thread on this forum for guidance on searching this forum.