Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)

E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)
The E63/E64 BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:04 AM

Mein Auto: 645ci
645ci trunk opening

Anybody that was a original owner of a 645ci that can tell me how much does the trunk lid open when you use the key fob to open the trunk. Mine does not move at all and I need to know if this is normal or the trunk struts need to be replaced. I have searched the forum and found differing answers.
Advertisement
Old 01-31-2013, 08:08 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 650 convertible!!!
On the coupe the trunk should open, not sure if it is half or all the way, but it does pop up.

On the convertible it does nothing, just unlocks and awaits you to manually lift.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:29 AM
Michael

Mein Auto: Black Sapphire BMW Z4 3L
the amount it opens is also weather dependant! Having said this I am not sure if it is worth the cost of getting replacements, if it opens 2 inches or 20" is just about lifting it up, the way to tell if the struts or springs have really gone is how easy it is to lift with your hand!!!!! If you are lifting the whole weight of the boot lid then replace the struts!!!

Does my bum look good in this !
Old 01-31-2013, 09:51 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 650i Convertible
Like Tampamark said if it's a convertible it will just unlock. Mine is that way just unlocks and you have to lift it. I would say after lifting and it falls closed then you need to replace the struts.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:46 AM

Mein Auto: 05 645Ci
Mine just pops up a little. I think it's supposed to go all the way up, but a little is enough for me. Just glides up effortlessly after the pop, so I don't care. If it did nothing, might think about replacing the lift, but its pretty natural for the struts to wear out with miles on the car.

On another note, my cup holder latch snap thing broke. Popped it back in, but the hinge is beat. Will try some crazy glue, but will probably just replace. Not being able to properly secure beverages, that's a problem!