Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 01-31-2013, 01:08 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 35i
Thumbs up How I wash my X3 in my garage in the wintertime video.

Have any of you guys tried using a hose free eco-wash to wash your car?

In this video you will see how I do a hose free car wash in my garage. This is a great way to wash your car in the wintertime when it is to cold to do it outside, or if you have water restrictions. I only used 6 gallons of water to do this car wash. I used the following Chemical Guy products in this video.

Products used:
- Sticky Gel Wheel & Cleaner CITRUS Based HYPER GEL WHEEL CLEANER
- Chemical Guys Hose Free ECOwash
- Extreme V.R.P Dressing
- Hybrid V7- Optical Select -- High Gloss Spray Sealant
- 2 Grit Guard
- Metro Full Size Vac N' Blo 4.0 HP Vacuum
- Some tire and wheel brushes
- A very soft brush for lower body of car
- A microfiber sponge mit
- A few microfiber towels
- 2 waffle weave microfiber towels for windows

I do not work for chemical guys I am only a fan of their products . You can get all of their products at www.chemicalguys.com. I feel as if I have also learned a lot watching their videos on their YouTube page.
Ads by Google
Old 01-31-2013, 10:22 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 330d xDrive Touring
Great video but the car only appears to be lightly soiled. My car is presently plastered with mud and road salt and the wheels are covered with brake dust. I use a light pressure hose to clean off the mud and salt especially under the wheel arches before washing with a sponge and bucket using wax and wash, rinsing well and and then drying off with a towelling cloth. I use a rim cleaning gel to remove the brake dust from the wheels and then polish to help prevent brake dust sticking.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:52 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 35i
Well yes it was not covered in mud. It is a daily driver and if I had let it dry it would've looked white from all the road salt.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:51 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 xDrive35i
Nice video. My approach is very similar to yours. We have plenty of those days in Colorado when it is either below freezing and/or too windy or too much hot sun to wash a car outside. It's gotten so that I rarely actually wash the car in the driveway with a hose and all.

I mostly use Griot's (griotsgarage.com) products. If the car is really dirty, I use multiple buckets of warm water and soft microfiber cloths to gently remove the heavy stuff. This is usually required only after a snow storm or rain, something we have not seen much of here recently.

I then use Griot's Spray-on Car Wash followed by their Spray-on Car Wax, again using the microfiber towels (which make all the difference in the world). Next comes the glass (their glass cleaner is great) and, as necessary, vacuuming and interior cleaning. The whole process, and I am not fast, takes maybe 90 minutes or so. It's my way to relax in solitude on Sunday mornings!
Every 4 to 6 months I apply some of their paste wax. I really like the Premium Carnauba. It's easy to apply and a little goes a long way. One or two times a year I remove the wheels for a thorough cleaning/waxing.

So far, this approach has seemed to work really well. Other than the rock chips that seem inevitable in this part of the world, the finish is holding up and the car looks great.