Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 01-25-2013, 04:14 PM
Dark Knight

Mein Auto: '13 BMW 535i M Sport
Mine from them came in like a week or two, pretty quick especially considering it was right around NYE time.

Ex M-B's: '11/'10/'06 E350's w/ AMG Sport Package, '02 S500 w/ Every Option.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:36 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 528xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-A View Post
Mine from them came in like a week or two, pretty quick especially considering it was right around NYE time.
OK, but how long did it take them to process your order? For example, if you placed the order today, how many days went by before you got your tracking number? My order was placed 4 days ago, and still has not shipped. Is that a "normal" turnaround time for this seller?

Mods:
35% Madico Onyx Tints
Painted Front Reflectors
Debadged
Custom M Performance Grilles
M Performance V-Spoke 20" Wheels
18mm BMS Rear Spacers
M5 Style Spoiler
M Sport Rear Bumper with Painted Reflectors & M5 Diffuser
GTHAUS Meisterschaft Full Cat-back True Dual Exhaust 4x90mm GTC EV Controlled
Evolution Racewerks Catless Downpipe
BMS Stage 1 Tune (pending)

(Picture not up to date with current mods)
Old 02-01-2013, 04:54 PM

Mein Auto: White 535i M Sport
Hey gang. This is my first post on the forum. I ordered one from jbspeed Sunday night and I missed delivery yesterday, but FedEx redelivered today. I'm chomping at the bit to install, but it's too cold here in NJ. I'll post pictures once I do, but I have a feeling it'll be March before it warms up enough...

Right out of the box it looks great. The color looks spot on: in my garage anyway (Alpine White). I want to take it out in the sun tomorrow to get a better look. I debated getting it since September or so, but I finally pulled the trigger. The low profile is extremely attractive; subtle, yet means business.

http://www.jbspeed.com/servlet/the-6...Painted/Detail
Old 02-01-2013, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinfan31 View Post
Hey gang. This is my first post on the forum. I ordered one from jbspeed Sunday night and I missed delivery yesterday, but FedEx redelivered today. I'm chomping at the bit to install, but it's too cold here in NJ. I'll post pictures once I do, but I have a feeling it'll be March before it warms up enough...

Right out of the box it looks great. The color looks spot on: in my garage anyway (Alpine White). I want to take it out in the sun tomorrow to get a better look. I debated getting it since September or so, but I finally pulled the trigger. The low profile is extremely attractive; subtle, yet means business.
Welcome to the forum. Same here! FedEx showed up yesterday, but I wasn't home. I left my signature on the door and they left it today. I'm about to go put mine on when I'm done typing this post... got the heater running in the garage.

P.S. I ordered from the Taiwan seller on eBay. I paid for it on 1/21 and it didn't ship until 1/29. However, once it shipped on 1/29 it only took two days to get here! Technically three days, because when they showed up yesterday I wasn't home and this shipper requires signature so FedEx had to come back today.

Mods:
35% Madico Onyx Tints
Painted Front Reflectors
Debadged
18mm BMS Rear Spacers
M5 Style Spoiler

Old 02-01-2013, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPetrillo View Post
Welcome to the forum. Same here! FedEx showed up yesterday, but I wasn't home. I left my signature on the door and they left it today. I'm about to go put mine on when I'm done typing this post... got the heater running in the garage.

P.S. I ordered from the Taiwan seller on eBay. I paid for it on 1/21 and it didn't ship until 1/29. However, once it shipped on 1/29 it only took two days to get here! Technically three days, because when they showed up yesterday I wasn't home and this shipper requires signature so FedEx had to come back today.
Thank you. I'll have to double check the packing slip, but I'm pretty sure that mine came from Taiwan as well. Surprising because I think the paypal account was in CA.

I have a funny feeling I'll be doing the heater thing too. Now that I have it, I want to install it!!
Old 02-01-2013, 08:41 PM
Festaholic

Mein Auto: 2011 535i Sport
Lol. I have a funny feeling Jb Speed is faster than I thought, and is pulling a fast one with their marked up Taiwan spoiler special!!

2011 535i Sport (Prem 1, 2)

Last edited by BigDeep1; 02-01-2013 at 08:54 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:00 PM

Here are a few shots of my spoiler install
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	spoiler 1.JPG
Views:	152
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	360241   Click image for larger version

Name:	spoiler 2.JPG
Views:	147
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	360242   Click image for larger version

Name:	spoiler 3.JPG
Views:	153
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	360243  

Mods:
35% Madico Onyx Tints
Painted Front Reflectors
Debadged
18mm BMS Rear Spacers
M5 Style Spoiler

Old 02-02-2013, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Looks Great! Any issues?
Old 02-02-2013, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Looks Great! Any issues?
No issues whatsoever. I love it and I'm very happy I decided to do this mod. It's a very subtle addition, but it effectively spices up the rear and gives it some life! The pictures came out okay, but as always, it looks even better when you see it in person.

Did your spoiler come with a roll of 3M Automotive Tape? I used almost the entire roll. I lined the tape along the bottom of the spoiler so the bottom was entirely covered in tape. When you get towards the two ends of the spoiler where it gets very narrow/skinny, just cut a strip of tape in half down the middle to make two skinny pieces that will come almost all the way to the tips.

Once I had the bottom of the spoiler completely covered in tape and ready to be installed, I used a Windex/water mixture (50% Windex / 50% water) to dampen the trunk. I recommend this, but don't use a lot. All you need is just a tiny bit of solution on the trunk to add some moisture; don't add so much where it's dripping wet. This will allow you to slide the spoiler into position to get it perfectly lined up. Once you have it in position, press down firmly and hold it there for a minute or two. At first, it will feel like it doesn't want to stick because the trunk was somewhat wet. However, just keep holding it in position and pressing down and eventually it will stay in place by itself. At that point, either let it sit to dry, or do what I did and take a hair blow dryer to it. I ran the hair blow dryer up and down the spoiler for maybe 15 minutes, and after that it felt super glued to the trunk. That spoiler isn't going anywhere.

Mods:
35% Madico Onyx Tints
Painted Front Reflectors
Debadged
18mm BMS Rear Spacers
M5 Style Spoiler

Old 02-02-2013, 09:59 AM
Mr Real Estate

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 535i Xdrive
Quote:
Nice. This is the $69 one from Ebay?
Old 02-02-2013, 10:41 AM

Quote:
No issues whatsoever. I love it and I'm very happy I decided to do this mod. It's a very subtle addition, but it effectively spices up the rear and gives it some life! The pictures came out okay, but as always, it looks even better when you see it in person.

Did your spoiler come with a roll of 3M Automotive Tape? I used almost the entire roll. I lined the tape along the bottom of the spoiler so the bottom was entirely covered in tape. When you get towards the two ends of the spoiler where it gets very narrow/skinny, just cut a strip of tape in half down the middle to make two skinny pieces that will come almost all the way to the tips.

Once I had the bottom of the spoiler completely covered in tape and ready to be installed, I used a Windex/water mixture (50% Windex / 50% water) to dampen the trunk. I recommend this, but don't use a lot. All you need is just a tiny bit of solution on the trunk to add some moisture; don't add so much where it's dripping wet. This will allow you to slide the spoiler into position to get it perfectly lined up. Once you have it in position, press down firmly and hold it there for a minute or two. At first, it will feel like it doesn't want to stick because the trunk was somewhat wet. However, just keep holding it in position and pressing down and eventually it will stay in place by itself. At that point, either let it sit to dry, or do what I did and take a hair blow dryer to it. I ran the hair blow dryer up and down the spoiler for maybe 15 minutes, and after that it felt super glued to the trunk. That spoiler isn't going anywhere.
That's great feedback!! Thanks again for the detail. You're right though, it's not a big mod by any means, but the outcome certainly is. Yes, mine did come with a roll of 3M tape. But I think I'm going to wait for the first day it's close to 50 degrees outside to install it. I don't have a portable heater to warm it up in the garage for the time being, and once it's on, I want to make sure it stays on. Glad you had success with the 50/50 Windex and water mix. I was on the fence about using it, but now I definitely will.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDeep1 View Post
Lol. I have a funny feeling Jb Speed is faster than I thought, and is pulling a fast one with their marked up Taiwan spoiler special!!
I had the same thought......
Old 02-02-2013, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselNY View Post
Nice. This is the $69 one from Ebay?
Yes.

Quote:
I had the same thought......
Did yours come a red booklet with install instructions? (see picture attached) If so, then it's safe to assume your spoiler came from the same source as mine.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	152.1 KB
ID:	360292  

Mods:
35% Madico Onyx Tints
Painted Front Reflectors
Debadged
18mm BMS Rear Spacers
M5 Style Spoiler

Old 02-02-2013, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Yes.

Did yours come a red booklet with install instructions? (see picture attached) If so, then it's safe to assume your spoiler came from the same source as mine.
No, no instructions. That's why your detail really helps.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:43 PM
Mr Real Estate

Quote:
That's great feedback!! Thanks again for the detail. You're right though, it's not a big mod by any means, but the outcome certainly is. Yes, mine did come with a roll of 3M tape. But I think I'm going to wait for the first day it's close to 50 degrees outside to install it. I don't have a portable heater to warm it up in the garage for the time being, and once it's on, I want to make sure it stays on. Glad you had success with the 50/50 Windex and water mix. I was on the fence about using it, but now I definitely will.
FYI I installed a spoiler on my Mercedes in the dead of winter a few years back, just used a hair dryer for like 10+ minutes and never had a problem ever. Heat up the area of the hood where you will put the spoiler 1st, then spray then put on spoiler and push hard for a bit then use blow dyrer for 10+ minutes.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:07 AM

Quote:
FYI I installed a spoiler on my Mercedes in the dead of winter a few years back, just used a hair dryer for like 10+ minutes and never had a problem ever. Heat up the area of the hood where you will put the spoiler 1st, then spray then put on spoiler and push hard for a bit then use blow dyrer for 10+ minutes.
Yeah. It was somewhat warm in my garage when I put mine on because the heater was running, but literally within 10 minutes of finishing with the blow dryer I went out for the night in 20 degree weather and drove nearly 100 miles that night, all highway. The spoiler didn't move at all, and the heat has not been on again in the garage since then.

Same for tints. I read about people who will only get them done in warm weather, but I got mine done in early January when it was in the 30s. One window dried with bubbles (not weather related) and I brought it back to the shop last weekend. He replaced the tint on two windows actually, and it was about 10 degrees that day and even colder that night. It dried just as fast and as well as any other tint job I've ever had.

Mods:
35% Madico Onyx Tints
Painted Front Reflectors
Debadged
18mm BMS Rear Spacers
M5 Style Spoiler

Old 02-03-2013, 07:59 AM

Quote:
You talked me into it!!
Old 02-03-2013, 08:08 AM

Mein Auto: 12 BMW 535I MS Alpine Wht
There are few mods that are only $69, look good and are easily reversible.

Mods - Quad Exhaust Tips, HID Fog Lights, Clear Front Reflectors, M5 Spoiler, Calipers Painted Black, 12.5 mm Rear Wheel Spacers, 5% Tint Rear - 35% Tint Front - 50% Tint Windshield - BlackVue DR400G-HD II Dash Cam

Coding by tuesday (aka; itschase) (Chase)
Old 02-11-2013, 08:33 AM

Alright, we had a decent weather day in NJ yesterday so I was able to get her cleaned and install the spoiler. The windex/water mix was key because I had to remove it to cut off some extra tape that was visible, and then realign once again. Overall I'm happy with the look. Attached are some before and after pics. Hopefully they come through correctly.....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	12-13 013.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	361800   Click image for larger version

Name:	12-13 016.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	361801   Click image for larger version

Name:	12-13 014.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	361802   Click image for larger version

Name:	12-13 017.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	361803   Click image for larger version

Name:	12-13 015.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	361804  

Name:	12-13 018.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	146.3 KB
ID:	361805  
Old 02-11-2013, 02:39 PM
Mr Real Estate

What a difference. Is that the $69 one? I need to order that. My car is about 4 weeks away but may as well get all the mods ordered before car arrives.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Bimmer App
Old 02-11-2013, 02:56 PM

Quote:
What a difference. Is that the $69 one? I need to order that. My car is about 4 weeks away but may as well get all the mods ordered before car arrives.

It's not. I wasn't aware of that one until after I ordered it. I think it was $150. The black one on this page is the $69 one. Without seeing them side by side in person, my feeling is that they are identical.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:12 PM
Mr Real Estate

So I just installed the spoiler, the $69 M5 replica one from ebay, color was perfect and not a scratch on it. I glazed and waxed it right out of the box like I always do with spoilers and even after installation again to remove any marks I made or fine scratches. Looks outstanding from the rear though I am not sold on it from the side, just scoops up a little too much for me. When I had the Mercedes the spoiler just went out back with a very very small slant up which wasn't as aggressive as the m5 spoiler so I guess I will have to get used to it for now.

Also as far as installation it was much harder than my previous 2 installs on MB E350's. I mean it was pretty easy for me but harder than the MB. With the MB spoiler, the double sided tape was already on when I bought it (also cost me $300 vs $69 for them BMW one so I can't complain) and it had an angle a little more than 90 degrees that fit snug into the edge of the trunk, you almost couldn't mess up installation. With the BMW spoiler there almost no guide at all as to where to actually place the base of the spoiler. From the looks of it I seem to have gotten it right but that was annoying.

Also I learned from other members mistakes on here and made sure to take a razor blade and cut tiny pieces of tape to make sure the tiny edges of the spoiler had tape on them. The left side I guess I did not make it long enough and I could easily pry up the edge so I was able to lift the corner up and put a little piece of double sided tape in there and it seems to be good, only a tiny tiny piece of the corner is not stuck flush on the trunk but not sure if it was ever able to be anyway. Will just have to be careful when washing and drying around those corners.

So I guess the only spoiler options are the m5 and the M performance spoiler?

Before and after shots. Did not take side shots, just rear.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	no spoiler deeznuts plate.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	191.7 KB
ID:	370251   Click image for larger version

Name:	spoiler with deeznuts plate.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	184.2 KB
ID:	370252  
Old 04-07-2013, 05:19 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 550 Msport
I obsessed about the edges not being flushed until I saw an M5 and they weren't flush either. Spoiler looks good. Just need to de-badge and get a new license plate lol.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:23 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 550ix
Looks great

Retired:
2009 535i
2007 335i
Old 04-07-2013, 05:28 PM
Mr Real Estate

Lol the plate is photoshopped. Lol. Besides I have a white plate. Yellow is so ugly. Not sure whats worse having a yellow plate or deeznuts on your plate!