Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 12-20-2012, 12:11 PM

Mein Auto: Ford
CD Track and Title Recognition

I have a 2010 750 LI MSport. All of my CD when loaded do show any of the album titles or Track Titles. Anyone know why it does not display the album title or track title. How can I get it to recognize the Album. Not sure if is a CD issue or the IDrive. Any suggestions would greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Paul
Advertisement
Old 12-23-2012, 08:49 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 09 750i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peepaul View Post
I have a 2010 750 LI MSport. All of my CD when loaded do show any of the album titles or Track Titles. Anyone know why it does not display the album title or track title. How can I get it to recognize the Album. Not sure if is a CD issue or the IDrive. Any suggestions would greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Paul
Are the CD's you are playing burned in .mp3 or .wav format? If you've burned CDs in a format where they can be played on any CD player, then the track names will not show. If you burned the music files as a data cd (or in mp3 format) then the track names should display. I've also noticed that anything burned on a DVD disc only works in the single CD player and not in the CD changer.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:18 AM

Thanks for the information. I am speaking about all original CD's, not burned. Maybe they are older CD that do do have the files on them to be read.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:44 AM

Hey Guys,

I am still having issues on my CD player not recognizing the tracks or artist. It always reads Unknown Artist or Unknown Track. These are all Original CD's. Do I need to set something in the I-Drive. This making me pull my Hair out. Any Suggestion are greatly appreciated. I messed with the RDS and that is only a function for the Radio.

Paul
Old 02-02-2013, 05:01 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 Audi A6
Try putting the CD into the slot in the dash. For whatever reason the multi-disk player does not read the CD information.