Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 02-01-2013, 01:45 PM

Mein Auto: 745Li
Cool No Heat suddenly after flushing cooling system

I have a 745Li and I just replaced my radiator hose both upper and lower as well as the overflow box and now I cant get any heat in the car is thei related. The overflow is at the corret level and I'm no longere seeing a lowe coolant level alarm. Help I'm freezing!!
Advertisement
Old 02-02-2013, 08:19 AM
rideme2

Mein Auto: 2006li bmw
With the car cool, remove cap from reserve tank turn on heat to full leave fan on low. For about 5min or so.... Then turn on car and watch for air bubbles comes out from the small pin hole in the tank , return cooling line. If that's not working for you, it might be your Aux pump that feeds your heat cord.
2006 750li K&N Filters Giovanna Kilis on 265/30/22 305/25/22 HID fogs 6000k Mtec angel eyes all lights 6000k ACS front lip,ACS rear wing,ACS rear window wing.dual exhaust working qual tips, rear camera, upgrade DVD to front watch jl13.5t sub with jl500/1v2 amp power cap.PassPort 9500ci,CrossDrilled&Slotted Rotors with EBC Brake Pads.Rear comfort seats, Fully loaded from dealer. Next mod iPhone hookup, .
Old 02-02-2013, 08:30 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 750i
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideme2 View Post
with the car cool, remove cap from reserve tank turn on heat to full leave fan on low. For about 5min or so.... Then turn on car and watch for air bubbles comes out from the small pin hole in the tank , return cooling line. If that's not working for you, it might be your aux pump that feeds your heat cord.
+1
Old 02-02-2013, 08:54 AM

Mein Auto: m roadster/745LI
Heat

If you had head prior to changing out the hoses then I would think your system is air bound.
Follow what the other post said. I swapped out the T-stat on mine and it took awhile to get all the air out. Had the same issue on our M Roadster. Threw a belt and slight overheat. Lost coolant. Replace all the pulleys and belt. On her car I let it sit overnight with the Rad cap off and topped it off in the am. No issues as of yet..
Old 02-02-2013, 08:54 AM

Mein Auto: m roadster/745LI
Opps. HEAT, I meant heat!!!!! to funny