Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-03-2013, 06:12 AM
jerrykur jerrykur is offline
Registered User
Location: Northern CA
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 43
Mein Auto: 2011 335, 2013 328
328 sport line, no red trim on dash?

Hi

My 2013 has the Sport Line option with red stitching on the wheel, but I noticed there is no red trim pieces on the dash. Instead my are brushed metal. Was the red dash trim a separate option?

Thanks,

Jerry
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 02-03-2013, 06:25 AM
chiba chiba is offline
Registered User
Location: Canada
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 99
Mein Auto: BMW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrykur View Post
Hi

My 2013 has the Sport Line option with red stitching on the wheel, but I noticed there is no red trim pieces on the dash. Instead my are brushed metal. Was the red dash trim a separate option?

Thanks,

Jerry
yep, it's a variation. You can have red trim, black trim, and blue if you get m sport.
I chose aluminum with black.


Last edited by chiba; 02-03-2013 at 06:27 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-03-2013, 06:32 AM
notfound notfound is offline
Registered User
Location: DC area
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 36
Mein Auto: F30 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiba View Post
yep, it's a variation. You can have red trim, black trim, and blue if you get m sport.
I chose aluminum with black.

Sorry to be off topic, but is that a cup holder mount for your S3? If so, which mount did you get?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-03-2013, 06:49 AM
krash's Avatar
krash krash is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: PA
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,657
Mein Auto: 2013 335i Sport Sedan
Yes, people were making a big fuss about this when the F30 first came out. Lots of people were saying they don't like the sport line because of the red trim, but you have to specify it when ordering. You don't have to get it if you don't want it. I ordered it for my car. I really like it. It adds a nice splash of color.

Of course, some people hate it, and we're about to hear from them shortly. People are going to post how hideous it looks.


But lots of folks on the 'feast have it.
__________________
2013 335i: Sport Line, Premium, Technology, DHP, HK, 8 Speed Sport w/Paddles, Heated Seats, PDC, Camera
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-03-2013, 07:03 AM
kpgray's Avatar
kpgray kpgray is offline
328i xDrive Commuter
Location: Rochester, Michigan
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 385
Mein Auto: 2013 328i xDrive Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by krash View Post
Yes, people were making a big fuss about this when the F30 first came out. Lots of people were saying they don't like the sport line because of the red trim, but you have to specify it when ordering. You don't have to get it if you don't want it. I ordered it for my car. I really like it. It adds a nice splash of color.

Of course, some people hate it, and we're about to hear from them shortly. People are going to post how hideous it looks.


But lots of folks on the 'feast have it.
When I ordered my Sport Line, my Wife questioned the red trim and insisted she would not like it. Now, each time she sits in my car, she runs her fingers on the red trim and tells me how much she like the red!? (krash, what was your #2 worst sin, do not let your Wife pick your color?) Furthermore, I added the Sport Line All Weather Mats with the red trim (same cost as the all black, but mats not in the signature picture as they had to be ordered when I bought the car) and she has also commented on how nice they look with the red trim!? The Red trim key fob is also really sweeet!
__________________
Kenneth P. Gray
2013 - 328i xDrive Sport, Imperial Blue/Everest Grey Dakota Leather
2010 Cadillac SRX Performance, Platinum Ice/Ebony (Wife's drive)


2013 328i xDrive / 8-Speed / Imperial Blue / Everest Grey / Sport Package / Premium Package / Tech Package / Heated Seats

Last edited by kpgray; 02-03-2013 at 07:04 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-03-2013, 07:09 AM
chiba chiba is offline
Registered User
Location: Canada
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 99
Mein Auto: BMW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by notfound View Post
Sorry to be off topic, but is that a cup holder mount for your S3? If so, which mount did you get?
Ram mount, I posted my review here for you.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...22#post7356322

Chiba
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-03-2013, 07:10 AM
krash's Avatar
krash krash is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: PA
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,657
Mein Auto: 2013 335i Sport Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpgray View Post
When I ordered my Sport Line, my Wife questioned the red trim and insisted she would not like it. Now, each time she sits in my car, she runs her fingers on the red trim and tells me how much she like the red!? (krash, what was your #2 worst sin, do not let your Wife pick your color?) Furthermore, I added the Sport Line All Weather Mats with the red trim (same cost as the all black, but mats not in the signature picture as they had to be ordered when I bought the car) and she has also commented on how nice they look with the red trim!? The Red trim key fob is also really sweeet!

Yeah, i actually said that.

LOL!

Funny, because I showed my wife a picture of the car I ordered and she really liked the red stripe alot. My kids do too.

I didn't ask their opinion before I ordered of course. I had to stick to my rules.


Can't wait to get my car and see it live and in person.
__________________
2013 335i: Sport Line, Premium, Technology, DHP, HK, 8 Speed Sport w/Paddles, Heated Seats, PDC, Camera

Last edited by krash; 02-03-2013 at 07:13 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-03-2013, 07:23 AM
kobechrome's Avatar
kobechrome kobechrome is offline
Yoyo Mama
Location: Ashburn, VA
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 619
Mein Auto: 2013 F30 335xi BSM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krash View Post
Yes, people were making a big fuss about this when the F30 first came out. Lots of people were saying they don't like the sport line because of the red trim, but you have to specify it when ordering. You don't have to get it if you don't want it. I ordered it for my car. I really like it. It adds a nice splash of color.

Of course, some people hate it, and we're about to hear from them shortly. People are going to post how hideous it looks.


But lots of folks on the 'feast have it.
I hate the red trim and it looks hideous.

No seriously, I considered the red trim for my Sportline but ultimately decided on Anthracite. The red was a little too bright for me when I looked at it at the dealer but to each his own. I don't think its hideous - just preferred the anthracite.
__________________

F30 2013 335i xDrive BSM :: 8AT :: Sport Line:: Tech Package :: Anthracite :: Heated Seats

E90 2006 325i SG :: steptronic :: xenon :: power/heated seats :: comfort access :: sat prep :: poplar
Mods: Chrome Exhaust Tips

2013 RX 350 Mica Blue

Retired: 2001 325i
Retired: 2003 TL 3.2

Last edited by kobechrome; 02-03-2013 at 07:25 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-03-2013, 07:42 AM
kpgray's Avatar
kpgray kpgray is offline
328i xDrive Commuter
Location: Rochester, Michigan
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 385
Mein Auto: 2013 328i xDrive Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by krash View Post
Yeah, actually i said that.

LOL!

Funny, because I showed my wife a picture of the car I ordered and she really liked the red stripe alot. My kids do too.

I didn't ask their opinion before I ordered of course. I had to stick to my rules.


Can't wait to get my car and see it live and in person.
I told my Wife I could not decide on a Silver or Blue exterior (OK I know where I made my mistake) but... I was getting the Everest Gray interior with the Red trim. I liked the Silver color a lot but neighbors on each side of me and two across the street all have Silver sedans. Therefore, as not to blend in too much, I went Blue. With 3 different Blues to choose (Liquid Blue (the Baby Blue color), Imperial Blue (Navy Blue) and Estoril Blue), I would find the ideal color. The Estoril Blue was my Favorite, however, do I pay the extra $1,350 for the color and then lose the Red Trim? My Wife's comment on the Estoril Blue was, "it says Mid-life crisis all over it." Then she saw a Carbon Black color on the dealer showroom floor and stated that is the most masculine color here, get this one (No dear, I can afford a 3-series for $50K not a 6-series at $120K (it was an M-sport 6-series... after that, she decided that I should get the darkest blue I could get)). Then she saw the Imperial Blue, said this is it, therefore, I let her say she picked the color. I got my Blue with the Everest Gray Leather and Red trim. The Gray offsets the Blue very nice, the red really adds a sporty flavor. When is the expected delivery on your new car? Is it in production yet?
__________________
Kenneth P. Gray
2013 - 328i xDrive Sport, Imperial Blue/Everest Grey Dakota Leather
2010 Cadillac SRX Performance, Platinum Ice/Ebony (Wife's drive)


2013 328i xDrive / 8-Speed / Imperial Blue / Everest Grey / Sport Package / Premium Package / Tech Package / Heated Seats
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-03-2013, 07:51 AM
krash's Avatar
krash krash is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: PA
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,657
Mein Auto: 2013 335i Sport Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpgray View Post
When is the expected delivery on your new car? Is it in production yet?
Production is done for my car. It's built. It's now in the "Black Hole" stage of delivery that BJ talked about in one of his posts. My car was built in South Africa so that complicates it quite a bit.

I'm expecting my car to be delivered anytime from mid March to Mid April. I don't have any high expectations in terms of getting it sooner than that. So if I do, that will be a huge bonus.
__________________
2013 335i: Sport Line, Premium, Technology, DHP, HK, 8 Speed Sport w/Paddles, Heated Seats, PDC, Camera

Last edited by krash; 02-03-2013 at 07:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-03-2013, 08:38 AM
jerrykur jerrykur is offline
Registered User
Location: Northern CA
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 43
Mein Auto: 2011 335, 2013 328
Ok. My car was on the dealer's lot and was marked as Anthrocite so I guess that explains the grayish silver trim on the dash. I thought that option only referred to the trim pieces by the shifter.

Thanks for clearing this up.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms