Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 04-30-2011, 11:29 AM
mujjuman mujjuman is offline
tappa tappa toit
Location: NY
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,692
Mein Auto: hoopty
Nice guide! I love the tour and eveything...

btw NICE garage!!!!!!!
__________________
mujjuman
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 05-20-2011, 10:53 AM
imaronin imaronin is offline
Registered User
Location: Dallas
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 20
Mein Auto: 2011 328i Sedan
Thumbs up Just joined the forum because of this post....

Hi all,

This is one awesome post/thread!

Bought my first BMW in late April (a 328i sedan). It's now at port for shipment to the US. It will arrive via the Georgia port. I was told it will probably be another 2 weeks or so.

I googled something like "how long for a BMW 3 series to be delivered" or something like that and this thread came up....

Regards,
Ronin
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 05-20-2011, 11:02 AM
furby076's Avatar
furby076 furby076 is online now
IntarWeb Stalker
Location: 95 Feet Under
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 9,089
Mein Auto: 2013 335xi M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaronin View Post
Hi all,

This is one awesome post/thread!

Bought my first BMW in late April (a 328i sedan). It's now at port for shipment to the US. It will arrive via the Georgia port. I was told it will probably be another 2 weeks or so.

I googled something like "how long for a BMW 3 series to be delivered" or something like that and this thread came up....

Regards,
Ronin
Ronin,

All you gotta do is read any posts that I made and you will be satisfied in life. Ignore DSX, Professor, NK (unless you got a vert), ///M-Rated (he's a lame goat). Enjoy the pictures of Asia and GiaGia. Pay close attention to the life tips that Bolt James gives - it's the most important you will ever get.

Oh and watch out for Angler - he will steal your TastyKakes (if you don't know what these are then ignore this comment).

e92-Submarine - is just trouble. It's a shame they let teenagers into the forums!
__________________
"Booberry" -ED 2013 335xi | B45 | ZMM | ZDA |Heated Seats | HK |EBII
My Drive Style

Because I can.
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
I agree with furby
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 05-20-2011, 11:04 AM
E92Submarine's Avatar
E92Submarine E92Submarine is offline
Officially Contaminated
Location: Connecticut
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,052
Mein Auto: 2009 E92 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
Ronin,

All you gotta do is read any posts that I made and you will be satisfied in life. Ignore DSX, Professor, NK (unless you got a vert), ///M-Rated (he's a lame goat). Enjoy the pictures of Asia and GiaGia. Pay close attention to the life tips that Bolt James gives - it's the most important you will ever get.

Oh and watch out for Angler - he will steal your TastyKakes (if you don't know what these are then ignore this comment).

e92-Submarine - is just trouble. It's a shame they let teenagers into the forums!
__________________
2009 E92 335i | 6MT | Black Sapphire | Black Dakota | Aluminum Trim | Premium | Sport | Heated Seats | PDC | iDrive | HD Radio | M-Sport Shift Knob |
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 05-20-2011, 11:08 AM
imaronin imaronin is offline
Registered User
Location: Dallas
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 20
Mein Auto: 2011 328i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
Enjoy the pictures of Asia and GiaGia.
Way ahead of you there, my friend. They are actually the true reason I joined the forum, but I was trying to be all cool about it.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 05-20-2011, 11:16 AM
furby076's Avatar
furby076 furby076 is online now
IntarWeb Stalker
Location: 95 Feet Under
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 9,089
Mein Auto: 2013 335xi M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Submarine View Post
__________________
"Booberry" -ED 2013 335xi | B45 | ZMM | ZDA |Heated Seats | HK |EBII
My Drive Style

Because I can.
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
I agree with furby
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 05-20-2011, 11:32 AM
E92Submarine's Avatar
E92Submarine E92Submarine is offline
Officially Contaminated
Location: Connecticut
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,052
Mein Auto: 2009 E92 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
Ya'll post these nice pictures and youtube videos. Too bad I can't view any of them....ever. The fact that this company doesn't block Bimmerfest amazes me. Are you a United States citizen? Were you born here? Should I be talking to you. I have to watch what I say.
__________________
2009 E92 335i | 6MT | Black Sapphire | Black Dakota | Aluminum Trim | Premium | Sport | Heated Seats | PDC | iDrive | HD Radio | M-Sport Shift Knob |
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 10-06-2011, 03:34 PM
TeddyBGame TeddyBGame is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Boston
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 327
Mein Auto: 2011 e90 335d (M-sport)
Here's another good clip describing the Wallenius Wilhelmsen's flagship vessel, Faust the loading logistics.



And this is what happens when a floating parking garage hits a Category 3 Hurricane. Ouch!!

__________________
Current: 2011 335d (Sept 6-14th ED - Trip report, pix and video here:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=567240
Trip itin here: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=560240
[Le Mans Blue / M-sport / Saddle Brown Int. / Prem. / Conv. / Cold / iDrive / HK Sound / Individual Piano Black interior etc.]
Previous: 2001 A6 Avant [OEM recaro interior / BBS RC's / RNS-E Navigation / OEM Black roof rails / OEM Piano Black trim & lots of other oem gunmetal black parts]

Last edited by TeddyBGame; 10-06-2011 at 04:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 10-11-2011, 09:47 AM
basedrum777 basedrum777 is offline
Registered User
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 11
Mein Auto: 3-series
Vin #

Does anyone have an update to the VIN # description? My VIN (recently ordered not yet received 3 series) has a different set of numbers and letters than that described. Thanx
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 10-11-2011, 11:58 AM
Zeichen311's Avatar
Zeichen311 Zeichen311 is offline
Lost but making good time
Location: Here, there or in transit
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,532
Mein Auto: '11 335xi Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by basedrum777 View Post
Does anyone have an update to the VIN # description? My VIN (recently ordered not yet received 3 series) has a different set of numbers and letters than that described. Thanx
Define "different," please? The VIN format has been standardized for decades. For a BMW:
WWW MMMM R C Y PNNNNNN
WWW = World Manufacturer ID (WBA = BMW, WBS = BMW M)
MMMM = Model code. This is different for every series, body style & engine combination. It also changes when a model receives a life-cycle impulse (LCI) or "facelift" design refresh at the midpoint of its production run.
R = Restraint system ID. Increments with significant new safety technology but is generally not noteworthy.
C = Check digit (0-9 or X)
P = Plant code
NNNNNN = Serial number within plant production.
The model code in the original post (MMMM=WC73) is now obsolete because the 3er coupe had its LCI refresh in the past year.

The last seven digits (PNNNNNN) are a shorthand unique identifier for a given vehicle and are usually all you need to provide a dealer, e.g., to ensure they order the correct parts to reflect running production changes.
__________________
2011 335xi Individual 6MT - Azurite Black Metallic / Oyster & Black / Anthracite Maple + all the good stuff

   N47 35' 30.13" E11 10' 33.36" - End of break-in...you can guess what came next. BMW CCA

Last edited by Zeichen311; 10-11-2011 at 11:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 10-21-2011, 11:32 AM
contactjj contactjj is offline
Registered User
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 22
Mein Auto: 335i
Great info on this thread. Thanks to OP and others.

I have found www.vesseltracker.com very useful in tracking the vessel movement. No photo or video provided. However, with a free account, you can query for port scheduled arrival/departure time accurate down to minute, which will be posted 1 day or 2 in advance. The most valuable info for me is the email alert on vessel movement, such as arrival/moored/departure with actual timestamps.

==> A couple of email alert examples:
----------------------------------------------------
Name: AIDA http://www.vesseltracker.com/en/Ships/Aida-I9800.html
IMO: 9316139
Time: 20-10-2011 20:08:09 UTC

MOVEMENT: Vessel stopped. ( Port: Southampton Berth: Southampton Grain Terminal )
PORT: The vessel AIDA has moored at berth. ( Port: Southampton Berth: Southampton Grain Terminal )
----------------------------------------------------
Name: AIDA http://www.vesseltracker.com/en/Ships/Aida-I9800.html
IMO: 9316139
Time: 21-10-2011 14:48:38 UTC

ETA: The vessel AIDA has changed its ETA. Old: 22-10-2011 08:00:00 New: 22-10-2011 08:00:00 (Dest: Zeebrugge)
DESTINATION: The vessel AIDA has changed its destination: Old: Southampton, New: Zeebrugge (ETA: Sat Oct 22 08:00:00 CEST 2011)
----------------------------------------------------
Name: AIDA http://www.vesseltracker.com/en/Ships/Aida-I9800.html
IMO: 9316139
Time: 21-10-2011 16:13:27 UTC

MOVEMENT: Vessel moved.
PORT: The vessel AIDA has left the berth. ( Port: Southampton Berth: Southampton Grain Terminal )

==> From the web site port arrival schedule:
(Zeebrugge, Belgium)
AIDA Sweden
200.0m/32.0m/11.3m
Cargo ships
22.10.2011 01:00 Zeebrugge 22.10.2011 01 00 9800
9316139
AIDA
76
AIS duplicate
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Zeebrugge expected 1.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	298023  

Last edited by contactjj; 10-21-2011 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Add some details
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 01-31-2012, 01:40 PM
iturbo91 iturbo91 is offline
Registered User
Location: canada
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2
Mein Auto: VW
im a vdub driver now but goin' to be da3seris driver soon
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 02-08-2012, 07:15 AM
Norby335xi Norby335xi is offline
Registered User
Location: Westchester County, NY
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4
Mein Auto: BMW 335xi coupe
This is great stuff ... I too am anxiously awaiting my '12 335xi coupe and calling the BMW number everyday. Like dwalshapco, my car has been sitting at the German docks for almost a week. Dwalshapco, i don't know how you made it!! Is this typical?
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 02-09-2012, 06:29 AM
dwalshapco dwalshapco is offline
Turbo Dawg
Location: Atlanta
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 37
Mein Auto: 2009 335i Coupe
I'm really not sure how typical the wait time is, although I suspect that it's not unusual. Hang in there. It's worth the wait.
__________________
2009 335i Coupe / 6 Spd Man / Alpine White / Coral Red / Grey Poplar / M Sport / Premium /Nav / iPod
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 03-10-2012, 11:24 AM
whazzup whazzup is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 116
Mein Auto: Lexus, Volvo
I'm addicted to that 800 number, and I'm not even being built yet. It's like daily entertainment -- the suspense is killing me!

I'm too old and too busy for this! ;-)
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 03-17-2012, 01:16 PM
whazzup whazzup is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 116
Mein Auto: Lexus, Volvo
How long does it take to start production? I ordered my 2012 convertible February 22. As of yesterday, the vehicle has not been assigned a production date, according to the 800 number. Is this unusual? Is BMW behind due to a higher than usual demand?
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 04-15-2012, 09:52 PM
frowningdeity frowningdeity is offline
Registered User
Location: Seattle WA
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 75
Mein Auto: coupe
i placed an order for a 2012 335i last week, and have gotten a production number. i am trying to do as the ED wiki suggests, check the car configuration on the bmw na website. i have been able to add the car with the production number, but there is no configuration information under 'track my car'. how long does this usually take to show up? or am i looking in the wrong place?
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 04-15-2012, 10:31 PM
judyg951's Avatar
judyg951 judyg951 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Sunny So. Ca.
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 669
Mein Auto: 2011 528iSport, 2012 E93
My 528i showed up last year as soon as I had the vin number.
__________________
Judy





2011 F10 sport, 2012 E93M sport (totaled)
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 05-05-2012, 11:39 AM
80MGB 80MGB is offline
Registered User
Location: Georgia
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 28
Mein Auto: 335i conv
Thanks for such a great how-to. Just ordered a 335i convertible for PCD, and we'll have a lot of fun tracking it over.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 06-27-2012, 10:21 PM
BruinsBMW BruinsBMW is offline
Registered User
Location: Taylors, SC
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 75
Mein Auto: 2012 335i E93
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80MGB View Post
Thanks for such a great how-to. Just ordered a 335i convertible for PCD, and we'll have a lot of fun tracking it over.
When is your PCD? I ordered a 335 vert on May 11 and have a PCD date of 7/19.
__________________
Michael Moore


2012 335i E93 Le Mans Blue | Saddle Brown | M Sport | Convenience | Cold Weather | Premium | PCD 7/19/12
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 07-28-2012, 03:48 PM
///MattyV ///MattyV is offline
Registered User
Location: NY
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 38
Mein Auto: 335xi
Wow great post! How do they load the cars onto & off the ships? Do they drive every car on? I just ordered a 2013 335xi sedan. Can't wait!
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 11-09-2012, 08:08 PM
dannygSATX dannygSATX is offline
Registered User
Location: San Antonio, Texas
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4
Mein Auto: 2k6 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by contactjj View Post
Great info on this thread. Thanks to OP and others.

I have found www.vesseltracker.com very useful in tracking the vessel movement. No photo or video provided. However, with a free account, you can query for port scheduled arrival/departure time accurate down to minute, which will be posted 1 day or 2 in advance. The most valuable info for me is the email alert on vessel movement, such as arrival/moored/departure with actual timestamps.

==> A couple of email alert examples:
----------------------------------------------------
Name: AIDA http://www.vesseltracker.com/en/Ships/Aida-I9800.html
IMO: 9316139
Time: 20-10-2011 20:08:09 UTC

MOVEMENT: Vessel stopped. ( Port: Southampton Berth: Southampton Grain Terminal )
PORT: The vessel AIDA has moored at berth. ( Port: Southampton Berth: Southampton Grain Terminal )
----------------------------------------------------
Name: AIDA http://www.vesseltracker.com/en/Ships/Aida-I9800.html
IMO: 9316139
Time: 21-10-2011 14:48:38 UTC

ETA: The vessel AIDA has changed its ETA. Old: 22-10-2011 08:00:00 New: 22-10-2011 08:00:00 (Dest: Zeebrugge)
DESTINATION: The vessel AIDA has changed its destination: Old: Southampton, New: Zeebrugge (ETA: Sat Oct 22 08:00:00 CEST 2011)
----------------------------------------------------
Name: AIDA http://www.vesseltracker.com/en/Ships/Aida-I9800.html
IMO: 9316139
Time: 21-10-2011 16:13:27 UTC

MOVEMENT: Vessel moved.
PORT: The vessel AIDA has left the berth. ( Port: Southampton Berth: Southampton Grain Terminal )

==> From the web site port arrival schedule:
(Zeebrugge, Belgium)
AIDA Sweden
200.0m/32.0m/11.3m
Cargo ships
22.10.2011 01:00 Zeebrugge 22.10.2011 01 00 9800
9316139
AIDA
76
AIS duplicate
interesting, Thanks for posting!
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 11-10-2012, 12:04 PM
BmwLifestyle BmwLifestyle is offline
Goes with the Flow
Location: The States
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 75
Mein Auto: 328xi 2008
That's a beautiful Garage aka the men cave . Enjoy
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 02-02-2013, 12:38 PM
bear-avhistory's Avatar
bear-avhistory bear-avhistory is offline
2014 435M-Sport/MPPK
Location: NC - USA
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,218
Mein Auto: 2014 435M-Sport/MPPK
New 135is convertible - Ordered 1/19/13, Build finished & Waiting for shipment 2/2/13, Delivery at the Performance Center 4/4/13 unless moved up.
__________________
Kevin

CURRENT:
2014 BMW 435M-Sport MPPK/MPE
2013 BMW 135is 6MT convt
2009 Ford Expedition 4X4 EL - 2009 V-Star
2003 Nissan Xterra 4X4 - 1998 Ford Ranger 4X4 Splash
FFR Cobra Mk-IV work in progress
Cobra Coyote First Start.
PAST:
Very, Very Long List
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 02-03-2013, 10:12 AM
DSXMachina's Avatar
DSXMachina DSXMachina is offline
Non compos Mentos
Location: New Hampshire
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,656
Mein Auto: 335i E92 TiAg 6MT ED
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear-avhistory View Post
New 135is convertible - Ordered 1/19/13, Build finished & Waiting for shipment 2/2/13, Delivery at the Performance Center 4/4/13 unless moved up.
Congrats Bear, what are you doing with the 335? (A 2 month wait from ready-to-ship to delivery???)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms