Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 02-03-2013, 04:45 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F10 550i M-Sport
F10 ordered

I placed my order last month on Jan 20th. Been considering the switch for about a year and have been with 3 E39's over a 12 year period. I do love those cars but it's time to move forward.

The car will be in production this March and estimated delivery end May.

Alpine White 550i M-Sport package, all 550 options that come in this market and Premium sound, DDC, rear spoiler, black grilles, 19" style 351. Decided I didn't need the ceramic controls and B&O which were on my short list.

I fell in love with the beautiful Alacantara Interior on the M-Sports and I just had to have it. Unfortunately, it was only available on the 523 but after a little bit of pushing my dealer made arrangements for the car to be routed through the Individual line to get it installed onto a 550i. It'll certainly be unique. Decided on the Fine Line Anthrazite trim verses the brushed aluminum which I thought I would like but didn't when I saw an F30 with it in the showroom.

On the tires, I put in a preference for Michelin instead of Dunlop, Continental and Pirelli. It will be my first owning RFT's and I may just swap them out with PSS's but will see.

Hoping the wheel gap is not shocking as I was trying to opt out of DDC and go with the standard M-Sport mechanical suspension which sits lower - I went back and forth with the dealer but really, they were not able or willing to get this swapped on a 550 albeit going through the Individual line.

Will consider suspension mods if necessary after tasting stock.

so, glad to be here and will post up once I get it delivered.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:35 AM

Mein Auto: '12 535i Msport/'13 X5M
Congrats on the order and very well done. Can't wait for pics!
Old 02-03-2013, 04:11 PM
BMWCCA Member

Mein Auto: ED 2012 535xi TiAg
Will you have right-hand drive, as is typical in Japan?
Old 02-03-2013, 05:54 PM

Mein Auto: F10 535i ///M-Sport6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by demas View Post
I placed my order last month on Jan 20th. Been considering the switch for about a year and have been with 3 E39's over a 12 year period. I do love those cars but it's time to move forward.

The car will be in production this March and estimated delivery end May.

Alpine White 550i M-Sport package, all 550 options that come in this market and Premium sound, DDC, rear spoiler, black grilles, 19" style 351. Decided I didn't need the ceramic controls and B&O which were on my short list.

I fell in love with the beautiful Alacantara Interior on the M-Sports and I just had to have it. Unfortunately, it was only available on the 523 but after a little bit of pushing my dealer made arrangements for the car to be routed through the Individual line to get it installed onto a 550i. It'll certainly be unique. Decided on the Fine Line Anthrazite trim verses the brushed aluminum which I thought I would like but didn't when I saw an F30 with it in the showroom.

On the tires, I put in a preference for Michelin instead of Dunlop, Continental and Pirelli. It will be my first owning RFT's and I may just swap them out with PSS's but will see.

Hoping the wheel gap is not shocking as I was trying to opt out of DDC and go with the standard M-Sport mechanical suspension which sits lower - I went back and forth with the dealer but really, they were not able or willing to get this swapped on a 550 albeit going through the Individual line.

Will consider suspension mods if necessary after tasting stock.

so, glad to be here and will post up once I get it delivered.
Way cool man, I too after much deliberation decided on the passive M Sport suspension.

Bruce

'13 535i, Santorini Blue, Black Nappa, Leather Dash, M-Sport, Tech, Heated Seats, Luxury Seating, PDC, 6MT, M Performance Exhaust, ED May 8.
'06 Carrera, Maritime Blue
'02 525i Sport Wagon, Sport, Premium, Comfort, 94xxx miles - gone to a good home.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:12 PM

Thanks all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWF View Post
Will you have right-hand drive, as is typical in Japan?
Yes, this time. My current 540 is left-hand drive and it's less safe when you drive on the left side of the road as well as having a hard time getting through toll gates/parking gates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce917 View Post
Way cool man, I too after much deliberation decided on the passive M Sport suspension.
excellent. how do you like it? I really wanted to go that route. Interested to hear any feedback in comparison with the active drive setup.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:06 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 528i xDrive
Demas.....Enjoy! Just got mine last week! Loving it!
Old 04-06-2013, 05:17 AM

Got a call from the dealer last week and he informed me that my car has completed production

It's preparing to board ship. Estimated arrival into Japan is May 20th - exactly 4 months since order placed.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:20 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Very nice! congrats!

Warning: Every time I look at a fairly new BMW with an alcantara steering wheel, it appears worn down. I suspect this faux suede fabric on seats would have issues as well.

If you are prone to keep your car long term, I would avoid it. I don't think you will be happy with the look in a couple years.

I think the Alcantara fabric makes sense in a track or race car where you can replace the seats/fabric every season. It holds you in place better. But for a luxury sedan, I would expect leather, easier to clean, much much longer wear.

Last edited by chuck92116; 04-06-2013 at 08:36 AM.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:38 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 550i M-Sport
Interesting build, post pics as soon as you get it!!
Untitled[/url] 550i M Sport|300|LCSW|4MR|2TB|704|760|PDC|ZEC|6F2|ZDA|5AD |416|494|Dinan Stage 2|CF Spoiler,MirrorCaps&Splitter|M Performance Diffuser|Front Reflector Delete|Black Grilles|Rear Fog Lights|Euro Side Mirrors&Tail Lights|M5 Front & M550D Rear Sway Bars|20" HB04|Roof Wrapped|Coded|CCA member
Old 04-06-2013, 01:50 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 535Xi M Sport
Sick build!! Congrats!! Can't wait to see the pics!
Old 04-08-2013, 07:29 AM

I really can't wait to get into my F10 at the end of May. Not just because I've been looking forward to it, but we are currently wrapping up one tough regulatory audit and got the next one starting up soon - the only good thing is that it will keep me busy and time should fly.

On Alcantara premature wearing, I've heard of that as well prior to ordering. This will be my 4th brand new BMW. I'm probably the exception here but while leather in a new car is nice, I always preferred cloth material so was completely sold on this M-Sport interior - to the point I told my dealer if he couldn't get it in a 550 there would be no deal.

Will I regret it later? maybe, but it's better than wishing and wondering what it would have been like.