Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E60 M5 (2006 - 2010)

E60 M5 (2006 - 2010)

Old 02-04-2013, 08:14 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 535i
550 Power

Just wondering: how many 550 owners with the Sport Pkg drive with the vehicle in Sport mode on a regular basis. Took my 11 year old grandson for his first ride in the 550 today. Needless to say, he was very excited but when we made it to the highway and I went to Sport mode and goosed it a little he was so impressed that he began making plans as to what he would do to make money so he can buy his own 550 when he grows up

I'm interest to know the difference in fuel consumption between Regular and Sport modes. Is there any data available?
Advertisement
Old 02-05-2013, 09:47 AM
Living in Fast Forward

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW E63 650i
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmbl View Post
Just wondering: how many 550 owners with the Sport Pkg drive with the vehicle in Sport mode on a regular basis. Took my 11 year old grandson for his first ride in the 550 today. Needless to say, he was very excited but when we made it to the highway and I went to Sport mode and goosed it a little he was so impressed that he began making plans as to what he would do to make money so he can buy his own 550 when he grows up

I'm interest to know the difference in fuel consumption between Regular and Sport modes. Is there any data available?
With respect, you're obviously going to use more fuel if you drive spirited. If you're not constantly redlining, I would believe that the difference would not be too significant. Maybe 2-4 MPG difference based on driving habits.