Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 (2004 - 2010)

E60 (2004 - 2010)
BMW 5-Series (E60 chassis) was first seen in the Unites States in the fall of 2003 with a 2004 Model Year designation. The E60 is now available as a 528i, 528xi, 535i, 535xi, 550i and a 535xi sports wagon! -- View the E60 Wiki

Old 02-04-2013, 11:14 AM

Mein Auto: 535xi
AWD and dsc malfunction

I received this error and brought it to the dealer. Was just told they needed to replace all six injectors and removed the carbon buildup on the intake. It seems like the car was having driveline issues, but this is what the dealer explained was the issue. Anyone have any insight on if they are missing something?

Thanks
Ads by Google
Old 02-04-2013, 11:50 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 530i, '07 C280, ML320
I would get a second opinion.

Can you hook up OBD-II code reader and check what codes are set?
Old 02-04-2013, 01:11 PM
Nac

Mein Auto: 535XI, 328I
I received the identical warnings. My issue was the battery was low. Since the car was relatively new at the time, a long drive fixed it up.
If it is an injector issue, see if there is a recall for your car. I have an 08 N54, and 5 injectors were replaced due to a recall.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:27 AM

Mein Auto: 08 535xi
I had the exact same problem...literally the night that I bought the car from a dealer (8 days ago) and was driving it home. I pulled the car over, shut it down, restarted and it was fine. til the next day, when it happened again. Both times after extended open highway driving.

I took it to a dealer in Columbus OH, (Kelly BMW...AWESOME SERVICE FYI). They noticed the walking cast/boot I wear on my right foot and asked if it were possible that the boot was hitting the gas and brake pedals at the same time. I responded no, because I'm driving with my left foot, and the boot is curled up against the front of the seat and doesn't get near the pedals.

don't worry, I'm getting to the answer...bear with me.

They had the car for a while, then the mechanic and adviser came out to show me a printout right off of the BMW service system that showed an explanation of that fault condition being a result of, like they suggested, both pedals being pressed at the same time. I was still very skeptical but they were confident. I drove away, and sure enough, not the booted foot, but my left foot would rest against the brake pedal just a little while I was on the gas. I couldn't really feel it because of the heavy winter trails shoes I've been wearing. Since then I drive shoeless so I can feel if I come in contact with the brake pedal when I dont mean to. I have not had the code since then...and freakin love this car.

Sorry for the long-winded post, but thought I'd explain the whole story...hope it helps!
Old 02-05-2013, 02:33 PM

Thanks everyone. The dealers covering the injectors and carbon cleaning under the CPO warranty. Will find out in the next day or two I it fixes the problem.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:53 AM

Just a follow up on the outcome. The dealer replaced all 6 injectors and also walnut blasted the intake. The car runs great now and no longer throws any codes. My car had around 73,000 on it as a reference, would definitely recommend the walnut blasting if you have not already done so.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:16 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 E550 4matic
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08535xi View Post
Just a follow up on the outcome. The dealer replaced all 6 injectors and also walnut blasted the intake. The car runs great now and no longer throws any codes. My car had around 73,000 on it as a reference, would definitely recommend the walnut blasting if you have not already done so.
Yeah - mine was done at 49,500 and one valve was already full or carbon.

BMW CCA Member