Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-05-2013, 07:11 AM
mrjoed2 mrjoed2 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Florida
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,412
Mein Auto: 650 coupe SE, V8 4runner
Smile BMWCONFIG option pricing

Hello,

I am working on a ED for a 650 coupe. Have read conflicting reports of how BMWCONFIG works. Is our actual pricing the Munich pick up invoice + dealer fee on the base car and options or just base vehicle?

Thanks
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 02-05-2013, 07:27 AM
3ismagic#'s Avatar
3ismagic# 3ismagic# is offline
HerrDoktorProfessor
Location: Another State of Mind
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,255
Mein Auto: '11 335d
Invoice price for the options is the same for ED and non-ED.

Generally sales price = ED invoice (Car + options +destination) + Dealer profit.

Now the dealer profit part of that equation can vary. Some models come out of dealer allocation so what you pay for dealer profit will mean that at the end of the day you'll pay the same as a non-ED deal.
__________________

Entertaining America Since 1975
European Delivery July 26th 2011
ED Video:
ED Trip Report:http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=557294

335d| Deep Sea Blue| Black/Aluminum | Stuff | Gadgets | More Stuff | Power Whatnots | Auto-Verbing Nouns
BMWCCA #448878
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-05-2013, 07:28 AM
Trinitony's Avatar
Trinitony Trinitony is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: C OH
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 945
Mein Auto: '00 E46 Sedan & '14 6GC
There is no set price for what you pay - it's the best price that you can negotiate. A lot depends on the specific car. Most people have found that they are able to get a price equal to the "Euro Delivery Munich Pick Up - Invoice Price" for the basic car + Options/Packages +/- $500. As it happens, the Invoice Price for Euro Delivery is the same as the Invoice Price for "USA Port of Entry".
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-05-2013, 07:36 AM
thumper_330's Avatar
thumper_330 thumper_330 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: St. Louis, MO
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,374
Send a message via Yahoo to thumper_330 Send a message via Skype™ to thumper_330
Mein Auto: 2012 K1600GT, 2008 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjoed2 View Post
Hello,

I am working on a ED for a 650 coupe. Have read conflicting reports of how BMWCONFIG works. Is our actual pricing the Munich pick up invoice + dealer fee on the base car and options or just base vehicle?

Thanks
The BMWCONFIG price on my 135i was exactly what I paid. I just negotiated using that price and said "... and $x is your profit." Irv Robinson took the deal and I took a vacation Easiest car buying experience of my life. So far.
__________________
2001 E46 BMW 330i Sport Package 6MT *SOLD*
2004 BMW R1150GS - *SOLD*
2004 E60 BMW 545i Sport 6MT - *SOLD*
2012 BMW 135i - Deep Sea Blue / Terracotta / DCT *SOLD*
2012 BMW K1600GT - Vermillion Red Metallic
2008 BMW E90 M3 - Interlagos Blue / Silver / 6MT

http://www.driveblog.net
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-05-2013, 07:52 AM
mrjoed2 mrjoed2 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Florida
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,412
Mein Auto: 650 coupe SE, V8 4runner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinitony View Post
There is no set price for what you pay - it's the best price that you can negotiate. A lot depends on the specific car. Most people have found that they are able to get a price equal to the "Euro Delivery Munich Pick Up - Invoice Price" for the basic car + Options/Packages +/- $500. As it happens, the Invoice Price for Euro Delivery is the same as the Invoice Price for "USA Port of Entry".
Confused on your last part. I'm in BMWCONFIG now - the base invoice of a '13 650 coupe
as of 1/13 is $80,380 US port of Entry & $74,695 Munich pick up - so they are not the same.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-05-2013, 09:34 AM
dkreidel's Avatar
dkreidel dkreidel is offline
Aviator
Location: The OC & Bear Country Montana
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,903
Mein Auto: BMWs & Ram trucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinitony View Post
As it happens, the Invoice Price for Euro Delivery is the same as the Invoice Price for "USA Port of Entry".
No, No, no
__________________
'13 X5M - carbon black over black • BBS SV "it's our truck"
'13 X5 35i - alpine white over black • X5M wheels & tires "it's our car"
'11 Z4 - mojave over beige • 6 speed manual • Münich delivery

...and a bunch of old English motorcycles
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-05-2013, 12:20 PM
Trinitony's Avatar
Trinitony Trinitony is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: C OH
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 945
Mein Auto: '00 E46 Sedan & '14 6GC
mrjoed2 said: Confused on your last part. I'm in BMWCONFIG now - the base invoice of a '13 650 coupe
as of 1/13 is $80,380 US port of Entry & $74,695 Munich pick up - so they are not the same.

dkreidel said: No, No, no

You are both right! I meant to say that the Invoice Price of Packages and Options is the same for both ED and USA.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-05-2013, 12:26 PM
mrjoed2 mrjoed2 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Florida
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,412
Mein Auto: 650 coupe SE, V8 4runner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinitony View Post
mrjoed2 said: Confused on your last part. I'm in BMWCONFIG now - the base invoice of a '13 650 coupe
as of 1/13 is $80,380 US port of Entry & $74,695 Munich pick up - so they are not the same.

dkreidel said: No, No, no

You are both right! I meant to say that the Invoice Price of Packages and Options is the same for both ED and USA.
Absolutely - question I had was whether our ED pricing on options/packages was at US port or Munich delivery - looks like it can be Munich.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-05-2013, 06:18 PM
AggieKnight's Avatar
AggieKnight AggieKnight is offline
Can has cheezburger
Location: Atlanta, GA
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,612
Mein Auto: 550 M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjoed2 View Post
Absolutely - question I had was whether our ED pricing on options/packages was at US port or Munich delivery - looks like it can be Munich.
To simplify - use BMWConfig.com. Click on Configurator. Grab the "US Port of Entry" pulldown and select "Euro Delivery Munich Pick Up".

The invoice price THERE is what you should be negotiating from.

__________________
WARNING: Author not responsible for the readers failure to recognize sarcasm.
Yield, I can has picture?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-05-2013, 06:26 PM
mrjoed2 mrjoed2 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Florida
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,412
Mein Auto: 650 coupe SE, V8 4runner
Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieKnight View Post
To simplify - use BMWConfig.com. Click on Configurator. Grab the "US Port of Entry" pulldown and select "Euro Delivery Munich Pick Up".

The invoice price THERE is what you should be negotiating from.

Got it, Thanks
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms