Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems

Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems
Have you had an exceptionally great experience with a particular BMW Center? Have you had a bad experience at your BMW Center? Frustrated by problems or defects with your vehicle? Post your stories or comments here.

Old 01-05-2013, 01:04 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 335i Convertible
Thumbs up The BMW Store - Great!

As you saw in a previous post, I was very unhappy with my experience at Jake Sweeney, who really wasn't interested in selling me a car. The BMW Store (Cincinnati) was completely different. We waited a little bit (<2 minutes) for someone to help us. As I had already decided I wanted to lease the 2013 550xi, and had already test drove one, I really only wanted to check out a few options. Dean was great helping me out. He went and found a car with Black Nappa Leather so that I could compare to Black Dakota. (IMO, Black Nappa is not worth the extra $1K). He also took me around to look at the different colors of Black for the paint. (I chose Jet Black). Frank then helped me, sitting in the car with us and answering any and all questions, and pointing out features that I wasn't aware of or wasn't clear on. There was some negotiation, which I thought went fairly well, and I walked out with a lease on a car that's currently on the boat, which has all of the options I was looking for. I'm very satisfied with the experience at The BMW Store, and would recommend them to anyone. (Bonus points for free hand car washes every Mon., Wed., and Sat.)
Advertisement
Old 01-05-2013, 01:34 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: bmw
great review i will def see what they have to offer once im ready

Sent from my XT557 using Bimmer App
Old 02-06-2013, 10:10 AM

Mein Auto: 2 BMWs, MB
I'd like to echo this post. I get my 2010 528i serviced there and they have been nothing but top notch. I was worried about the BMW dealers in the area after moving to Cincinnati and they completely wiped away that fear. The free car washes on Saturdays are just a plus!
Old 05-20-2013, 09:26 PM

Mein Auto: 750Li
Horrible experience at this dealership with their pre-owned department. I'm happy to pride details to anyone via PM. Bottoms line....any dealer that sells a CPO car should verify there is not a large crack down the back of the side mirror and a crack all the way through on the front headlight assembly. Not much pride or professionalism on selling a higher end product.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:23 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E70 & F04
never used their sales dept but I was quite satisfied with their service dept... they were finally able to fix my E46 brake stab steering wheel twitch.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:09 AM

Sounds like their service dept does a great job!
Old 06-17-2013, 04:12 PM
Leave gun. Take Canoli.

Mein Auto: 435, Grand Cherokee
When I did my first ED I'd emailed all the dealers from Dayton to Indy and asked for 1k over invoice. The BMW store told me that if I found anyone willing to give me that price that I should run, not walk to them before they came to their senses. BMW of Dayton did, twice now.

I did have to have my car towed to the BMW Store a few years back when I was stranded out in SE Ohio due to a HPFP. They did a nice job getting it fixed and delivered back to me in Dayton.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:59 PM

Maybe we should start a thread with BMW Store Poor Sales Dept and Great Service Dept.

Maybe the service team can give some advice to the sales dept? My total interaction with the sales dept will always keep me away from this dealership.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:11 PM
Leave gun. Take Canoli.

Mein Auto: 435, Grand Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrg0612 View Post
Maybe we should start a thread with BMW Store Poor Sales Dept and Great Service Dept.

Maybe the service team can give some advice to the sales dept? My total interaction with the sales dept will always keep me away from this dealership.
I had just as bad of a sales experience with Voss in Centerville. They tried to sell me an ED car for non ED price. When I questioned why there was no discount they said they pride themselves on their good service. I told them their service wasn't worth $5k to me. And I was even dealing with Craig Voss who knew my friend that went along with me. I never stepped foot in the dealer again.