Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2013, 07:59 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 SL63
Why is the sunroof so LOUD????

I cannot get over how freeking loud the wind deflector on the sunroof is. I'm talking about the mesh screen that is attached to the factory windscreen that pops up when you open the roof all the way. It is so loud you can't use the sunroof over 40mph. And it's not just my car- I asked 2 friends with 2012 750IL's and they said the same thing- they can't use the sunroof because it sounds ridiculous. If you reach up and manually pull the deflector down the noise disappears. Anyone else experience this, or had it fixed??

2015 S550 Anthracite blue, Silk, loaded and doin just fine...
2013 SL63 AMG black....
2012 750IL x drive, imperial blue/oyster, a finely loaded beater car...
2014 GL350 loaded for the wifey...
2012 650 Cabriolet M sport (gone)
Advertisement