Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 02-06-2013, 10:13 AM

Mein Auto: '13 640i Gran Coupe
Finalizing March ED Trip

We are finalizing our March ED itinerary.

March 1. Arrive in Paris early AM, check in, local sight seeing
March 1, 2, 3. Visit Versailles, Paris sights, Louvre, Champs Elysees, Tour Eiffel, Paris sights
March 3. Evening train to Munich, check into Munich hotel
March 4. Pick up car from Welt, depart for Alps by noon
March 5 and 6th in Fussen, visit Neuschwanstein, mingle with locals, luge
March 6 Drive to Venice around 12, arrive in Venice in evening
March 7, 8, 9 Venice sights, shopping,
March 9 Drive to Florence around noon, arrive early evening, sights, check in
March 10, 11, 12 Visit sights in Florence (Accademia Gallery, Uffizi, , mingle with locals, shopping), spend a day in Siena
March 12 Drive to Munich at 12, check in,
March 13 Spend day in Munich, sights
March 14 Fly home

Thoughts?
Advertisement
Old 02-06-2013, 05:45 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 335d
If your car isn't being delivered with all season tires, be sure to rent some winter tires. Crossing the Alps in early March can be questionable without proper tires. The carpark in Venice is Europe's largest. Can't remember how many cars it accommodates but it is a bunch. Hire a guide while in Florence to show you the sights. While in Italy park your car in a safe area and don't leave anything in the car other than in the trunk.

Colonel (Ret) US Army / Hagerstown, MD
1985 M635 Euro Alpine White/Pacific Blue (Fun Car)
2010 Z4 s30i Alpine White/Beige
2013 Audi A6 Ibis White/Nougat (Daily Driver)
2013 Audi A4(Ret)
2011 335d (Ret)
2009 335i vert (Ret)
2007 335i vert (Ret) ED 04-13-10
2000 740iL (Ret)
1998 328iC (Ret)
1990 535i (Ret)
1988 635CSi (Ret)

https://plus.google.com/photos/10999...COHGu-rlyIrrLg
Old 02-06-2013, 07:08 PM

Mein Auto: '13 640i Gran Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorin49 View Post
If your car isn't being delivered with all season tires, be sure to rent some winter tires. Crossing the Alps in early March can be questionable without proper tires. The carpark in Venice is Europe's largest. Can't remember how many cars it accommodates but it is a bunch. Hire a guide while in Florence to show you the sights. While in Italy park your car in a safe area and don't leave anything in the car other than in the trunk.
Thanks for the tips. We have a private tour guide lined up for Florence and Siena. I expect to book the original walking tour for Venice and perhaps a boat tour as well.
Our car will be equipped with winter tires for sure.
I am trying to decide if it would be more practical to head back towards Munich to get on the autobahn for Venice, or to cross the alps from Fussen.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:34 PM
(aharding)ED #1 Sept 2012

Mein Auto: BMW GC & MB SL500
Who's your tour operator in Florence?

The first time we went, just the wife and I, we booked through Viator.com and had a really nice group tour. We purchased the morning Uffizi Gallery tour and then the afternoon Academia tour to see "The David". On the same tour we saw sites along the way. It starts at the Ponte Vechio bridge and ends at the David. The link to our trip report is below.

Over Spring Break, we're taking the children to Florence and have booked a private tour through www.contexttravel.com who's guides typically have Masters and sometimes PhD's. I'll report back after our trip next month by updating our trip report.

2013 F06 640i Gran Coupe Carbon Black | M Sport Package | Amaro Brown Merino Leather | Fine Line Oak Wood Trim | Driver Assistance Package | Luxury Seating Package | Bang & Olufsen | Ceramic Controls | BMW Apps | Full LED Lighting
ED Trip Report - September 2012
Post your Neuschwanstein Castle photo here
Hawaii Vacation Rentals