Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 02-04-2013, 06:34 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E70 & F04
Westin grand munchen?

Has anyone stayed here? I stayed at the westin grand in Berlin a few times and really enjoyed it.
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2013, 07:12 PM

Mein Auto: '11 M3 Convertible
I have stayed there a few times (sometimes using cash and points). It is a very good hotel, though it is not located in central downtown Munich, so you are a fairly quick u-bahn ride or taxi ride away. It is well located, just not right in the heart of Munich, like some other choices.

It would not be my first choice in Munich, however. It is a very large, slightly dated (but updated), very well run, charmless hotel. The rooms are a good size and the beds are typically excellent Starwood beds. If you are driven by a desire to stay at a Starwood property, I would recommend Le Meridien, better located next to the main train station and, in my view, more desirable.

If you are not motivated by SPG, there are other hotels that I would choose before this one, primarily due to location. If you are using points, it is definitely a solid Westin and a good choice.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:37 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 550i M-sport
+1 on Le Meridien. Great hotel, short U-Bahn ride to Welt, and right next to the center of Munich. Taking some laps at the pool at the end of our long days was very relaxing. We also enjoyed walking over to the train station in the morning and hitting up the pastry shop.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:45 AM

Send a message via AIM to MonkeyCMonkeyDo
Mein Auto: 2013 335i
Fantastic hotel. Close to the Ubahn. Rooms were fantastic. Area around it is DEAD at night, but the Ubahn is safe so feel free to come back late.

You can save a ton of money on the room by using hotwire or priceline. It is the only 5 star hotel in that district so if you book a 5 star for Arabellapark (usually for at least 100 less a night than their lowest rate) you will get the Westin. I saved almost 450 bucks doing it that way last October when rates were especially high due to Oktoberfest.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:00 AM

Mein Auto: '13 M5, 08 E93 M3, F430
good hotel. Stayed there twice on 2 separate euro deliveries.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:04 AM
Aviator

Mein Auto: BMWs
Stayed there many times for work; never for ED. Lots of parking, and the small shopping plaza behind the hotel has a nice little grocery store, a busy bar and a pretty good Italian restaurant. As mentioned, very close to the U-bahn.

...and a bunch of old English motorcycles
Old 02-07-2013, 07:27 AM
Crash Test Dummy

Mein Auto: F10 M5
As others have said a solid hotel, close to U Bahn (public transportation, appr 10 minutes into the city center), easy access to Autobahn , Taxi to Welt will be 10-15 minutes.
Also one of the best breakfast places is just around the corner , it's called Backspielhaus (https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Backs...rmany&t=m&z=17)
Can get crowded on weekends (limited parking) but one of the best places in town
Oh and a good carwash is also not far away , Allguth in Unterfoehring (https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Allgu...rmany&t=m&z=17)