Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:17 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 328i m-sport EB2
car B or keep looking i guess.

you want tthe lighting package. dynamic handling might be cool if you want to soften the suspension sometimes but honestly the stock one isnt too bad (i live in socal with some of the worst roads ever) unless you are used to like camry level soft and want that. i dont think it'd be worth giving up the lighting package though.

blindspot detection, and the parallel parking assistance and surround view are cool, but not really all that useful if you know how to drive a car. my mom has an X5 with the surround view and its a "neato" feature, but i'd say not that useful even in a giant suv, i guess you can see if you are about to run over a curb or something. PDC alone is probably the best part and car B has that.

i've got a m-sport 328i also, and have you found it completely weird that most of the ones on dealer lots dont have lighting? when i was looking (and i got mine off a lot amazingly with just what i wanted) i'd say maybe 20% of them had lighting. it was exasperating.

Last edited by hans007; 02-07-2013 at 06:18 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:56 PM
///M Sport

Mein Auto: 2013 328i EBII M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by everettpa1 View Post
Car C.

Go out and find the car you want. Many many cars out there but maybe not in your city but probably close by.

Never buy a car with any missing option you think you want. You always stare at the space where the button would have been and regret it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hans007 View Post
car B or keep looking i guess.

you want tthe lighting package. dynamic handling might be cool if you want to soften the suspension sometimes but honestly the stock one isnt too bad (i live in socal with some of the worst roads ever) unless you are used to like camry level soft and want that. i dont think it'd be worth giving up the lighting package though.

blindspot detection, and the parallel parking assistance and surround view are cool, but not really all that useful if you know how to drive a car. my mom has an X5 with the surround view and its a "neato" feature, but i'd say not that useful even in a giant suv, i guess you can see if you are about to run over a curb or something. PDC alone is probably the best part and car B has that.

i've got a m-sport 328i also, and have you found it completely weird that most of the ones on dealer lots dont have lighting? when i was looking (and i got mine off a lot amazingly with just what i wanted) i'd say maybe 20% of them had lighting. it was exasperating.
This is my dream car, as configured. This car had my name on it.

Last edited by Pappy Pipes; 02-07-2013 at 07:00 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:24 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 335i Sport Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Pipes View Post
It's a winner!
Old 02-07-2013, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krash View Post
You lose xenons, auto leveling, adaptive lighting, and I think you even lose out on the angel eye halo rings, but since i got the 335 too, I'm not sure about that last one. But you definitely lose out on xenons, auto leveling, and adaptive at a minimum.
you lose all that stuff. i think you actually lose the little lights that light up on the door handles when you unlock the car with the fob.

my parents just bought a x3 without lighting , no lights for puddles on the doors. they have an x5 also with lighting, lights for puddles. my f30 with lighting, lights for puddles on door handles.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Pipes View Post
congrats man. saw your config. my car is i guess a subset of yours... it doesnt have tech and hk and heated seats but all the rest. love it though. its exactly how i wanted it. you'll get up in the morning and think, YES i get to drive to work. and you'll sit there staring at your estoril blue paint thinking, i dont care if that CHP officer might notice this car speeding a bit more , it was worth it.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:39 AM
///M Sport

Mein Auto: 2013 328i EBII M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by hans007 View Post
congrats man. saw your config. my car is i guess a subset of yours... it doesnt have tech and hk and heated seats but all the rest. love it though. its exactly how i wanted it. you'll get up in the morning and think, YES i get to drive to work. and you'll sit there staring at your estoril blue paint thinking, i dont care if that CHP officer might notice this car speeding a bit more , it was worth it.
Thanks hans... Was fortunate to find the config but really scouted the market. The days between now and delivery will be the longest of my life. FWIW Bev Hills BMW has similarly equipped EBII M Sport I would've sniped if this wasn't available.
http://www.bmwofbeverlyhills.com/new...75c9dbe81.htm#

I think the fuzz will give me a pass because my ride look like a squad car, all she needs is a white stripe.

BTW did y'all see these...
http://apps.dmv.ca.gov/forms/reg/reg17L.pdf

Last edited by Pappy Pipes; 02-08-2013 at 08:44 AM.