Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)

E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)
The E63/E64 BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:59 PM
Living in Fast Forward

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW E63 650i
Calling All So Cal 6'ers

Tonight, I happened to be driving with a friend to a restaurant via the I-10 freeway. Keep in mind that we are cruising at 70 mph and a MB C230 was slightly ahead of us in the left lane next to us doing 75-80 mph. As we are cruising along, we see a CHP car parked with his lights off as it is a speed trap. I managed to lightly tap the brakes just before passing his parked car. I predicted that the MB would get pulled over as he was ahead of us. All of a sudden, the CHP turned on his headlights and started to get onto the highway! First, he tails a semi-truck, then he starts speeding up right behind us. You can kind of tell how nervous we were as he got closer to us and we were saying, "We're screwed. This is not good!" But, he then passes us up and pulls over the C230 like I had predicted.

It's a warning to all in So Cal that cops really need the revenue from fines that are handed out.
To all of you 6'ers, watch out for those speed traps
Old 02-07-2013, 12:13 AM
Woo Hoo FREE Donuts

Mein Auto: 2004 645Ci Convertible
I lived in Sacramento for 6 years and I know how you felt.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:53 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 650i Convertible
I commute to work in my 6 for 3 years up and down highway 99- nothing to report I guess thats a good thing.
If any of you are near my neck of the woods give me a ring we can meet up and share a beer and look under the hood!!!

Last edited by Nitrogen; 02-07-2013 at 10:55 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:40 AM
Nothing quite like a 6

Mein Auto: 09' 650i Cabrio
There was a time some crazy CHP pulled me over for changing lane. Threaten me about my 35% tint (which is stupid) and ended up give me ticket for tailgate. He wrote the wrong exit that he pulled me over. I'm fighting for it. However, I think it's pretty rare that police actually pulling the 6 since it's hella beautiful. I don't think you gonna get a ticket at 80 either. There was a time my friend driving at 90 (405 south, it was at night, we were on the way back from SF). The police pulled us over, check everything, let us go and said: "Just keep it under 80, then you'll be fine. I think just don't changing lane wrecklessly then you should be fine. I'm not racing but I commute 45 miles daily around LA with crazy traffic, speeding up just to get home early to see wifey.

BMW CCA ID: 473647
Old 02-08-2013, 07:37 PM
Living in Fast Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by reytran View Post
There was a time some crazy CHP pulled me over for changing lane. Threaten me about my 35% tint (which is stupid) and ended up give me ticket for tailgate. He wrote the wrong exit that he pulled me over. I'm fighting for it. However, I think it's pretty rare that police actually pulling the 6 since it's hella beautiful. I don't think you gonna get a ticket at 80 either. There was a time my friend driving at 90 (405 south, it was at night, we were on the way back from SF). The police pulled us over, check everything, let us go and said: "Just keep it under 80, then you'll be fine. I think just don't changing lane wrecklessly then you should be fine. I'm not racing but I commute 45 miles daily around LA with crazy traffic, speeding up just to get home early to see wifey.
Maybe that's why CHP picked the MB C230 instead of my 6
Old 02-08-2013, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reytran View Post
reytran- I noticed in your picture that you have a german front lic. plate are those legal in cali. I would love to get one of those, if they don't pull me over everyday.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:18 PM
Nothing quite like a 6

I got pulled over before (for tailgating) and then the officer did ask me about it. I told him the number is match with the rear and it's the real number. He let me go.

However, there was a time I got a parking ticket (booth expired), I got an extra one stated: "No front license plate display." I got it for a year now and never got pull over by that. There was a time I got alcohol check around beverly hill area, officers look at my front license plate awkwardly. They never say a thing about it, maybe just curious.

I think it's your call man. Before I did exactly line up the number as legal Cali one, now I arrange it in European way with the sticker. It looks more authentic with the bracket.

P.S: I erased some number on the picture, it's not my full plate of course.

Old 02-08-2013, 10:25 PM

Where can I get one?
Old 02-08-2013, 10:47 PM
Nothing quite like a 6

www.bimmian.com they ship from Canada, probably take 2 weeks for the bracket. About the plate, you can find it almost everywhere on the net. Bimmian has it too.

My old plate I get from here http://www.customeuropeanplates.com/frames-c-2.html they have great looking frame. Some hater stole my front license plate in public lot and put back the frame. What an ***hole!.

Old 02-08-2013, 10:51 PM

Cool thanks!
Old 02-10-2013, 01:00 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 650i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrogen View Post
I commute to work in my 6 for 3 years up and down highway 99- nothing to report I guess thats a good thing.
If any of you are near my neck of the woods give me a ring we can meet up and share a beer and look under the hood!!!
I commute to work as well and been doing it for 2 years; I drive 160 miles daily from MoVal/Riverside to Torrance, CA. I'm saving hundreds of thousands by doing so but racking up miles and I've only had my 650 for less than 4 months. I use to have a 2008 528i that I traded in for my 650. Just wanted to let you know that you're not alone as far as commuting. I'm waiting for the job market to shape up before getting a gig out this way but it's almost about time to do so.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:15 AM

Mein Auto: 2005 BMW 645ci
Can you post a picture of the rear of the car with the Euro Plate? Thanks
Old 02-11-2013, 09:02 AM

Mein Auto: 08 M6
Was on the 10 heading home to and from Cabazon/Morongo and Radar detector saved me both ways from speed traps. CHP are really out there in the IE trying to make the state some money!!!

08 M6: Cabrio, Sapphire Black, H&R Lowering Springs, InCurve 20" Wheels, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust, Calipers Painted Red with M-Logo

02 Ford Focus SVT: Run around car
04 Ford F-150: For pulling sea doos and quads

04 645i Cabrio, Titanium Silver ( SOLD )
00 Mercedes CLK Conv (SOLD)
94 Mustang GT (SOLD)
88 Mustang GT (SOLD)
87 Honda CRX (SOLD)
77 BMW 320i (SOLD)
74 Mecury Capri V6 (SOLD)
Old 02-11-2013, 10:54 AM
Living in Fast Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdgpa View Post
Was on the 10 heading home to and from Cabazon/Morongo and Radar detector saved me both ways from speed traps. CHP are really out there in the IE trying to make the state some money!!!
Especially in the desert area, cops love sports cars. What kind of radar detector do you have if you do not mind me asking?