Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 02-05-2013, 07:55 PM

Mein Auto: Jgc
BMW Active Cruise Control with Stop & Go function.

Re-posting this from the BMW site. Unfortunately this feature is not available on a X3. The X5 and 3 series have this as an option. Looks like a great feature to have on long trips or on heavy traffic.

BMW Active Cruise Control with Stop & Go function.

Relaxed driving even in heavy traffic: Active Cruise Control with Stop & Go function ensures that your BMW remains a predefined distance away from the car ahead, reducing the speed to zero if necessary. When the traffic begins to move again, the system accelerates your BMW - up to your preferred cruising speed if possible.

Active Cruise Control (ACC) with Stop & Go function is primarily intended to serve as a driver assistant on freeways and highways. Three radar sensors with a range of up to 150 metres permanently monitor the road ahead. As you approach a slower vehicle in your lane, the system directs the engine control unit to reduce power output and if necessary apply the brakes to ensure you remain a predefined distance away. If the vehicle ahead stops, ACC with Stop & Go will bring your BMW to a complete standstill too.

When the vehicle ahead moves off again or changes lanes, ACC with Stop & Go increases engine power; if possible, your BMW accelerates to your preferred cruising speed. If the total standstill is longer than three seconds, ACC with Stop & Go requires you to briefly apply the accelerator or press the ACC button to bring your BMW into motion again. If the standstill is briefer than three seconds, acceleration is automatic. Up to four different cruising speeds can be predefined and activated by the press of a button. Minimum cruising speed is 30 km/h; maximum is 180 km/h.

The distance to the vehicle ahead is measured in seconds rather than metres. This ensures that you have adequate reaction time in relation to the speed you are travelling at. ACC with Stop & Go makes driving both more relaxing and safer.

It adjusts your speed if needed on bends, using data from DSC and the navigation system to calculate a safe speed. On multi-lane roads, the system is able to differentiate between vehicles in your lane and in neighbouring lanes. ACC with Stop & Go function can be deactivated at any time by applying the accelerator or brake, giving you complete control over your speed.

It is important to remember that Active Cruise Control with Stop & Go function is not an autopilot. If the vehicle ahead brakes heavily and suddenly, or if the system recognises a critical situation, it alerts the driver with acoustic and optical warnings. Nonetheless, ACC with Stop & Go makes driving in heavy traffic or moving through congestion significantly less tiring.
Advertisement
Old 02-05-2013, 09:11 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 M-Sport
Very cool however it ain't gonna help us current owners.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:25 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 x35i M-Sport
...but someone will certainly be asking, "Where can I get the parts to add this option"?
Old 02-06-2013, 10:43 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 M-Sport
After pricing up the rear camera I don't want to know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noka View Post
...but someone will certainly be asking, "Where can I get the parts to add this option"?
The XC60 has a similar feature but only for auto braking that I thought was cool. I would have seriously considered the option if it was available.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:19 PM

Mein Auto: 328xi E90
Was hoping this would get added to the LCI
Old 02-09-2013, 08:17 PM

Mein Auto: 11 550i
Active Cruise Control on my 550i is awesome. It works quite well.

14 550i Euro Del
14 X3 2.8i
11 550i Euro Del, Retired
08 550i Euro Del, Retired
06 330i Euro Del, Retired
04 545i Euro Del, Retired
01 530i Euro Del, Retired