Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 02-09-2013, 11:21 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 323i
Securing first choice of a delivery date

Hi all. We put our order in for a 320 and was just told that we can't confirm a pick-up date yet b/c the 320 is a new model and dates haven't been set yet. We should know in March.

I am concerned because we need a very definite delivery date at the end of June - we got a great deal on frequent flier tickets, so our flights are already booked. If we can't get the date we want, our itinerary (only 11 days) is going to be messed up.

Submitting our order in early March would be 4 months in advance of our requested date. (And obviously, in late March would only be 3 months).

Generally, I wanted to find out from all of you how successful you were in getting your first choice of a date, and if we have to wait until our order can go in 3 months ahead, if that would significantly decrease getting our first choice for a delivery date.

Thanks for any insights.
Ads by Google
Old 02-09-2013, 02:23 PM
Can has cheezburger

Mein Auto: 550 M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyaway View Post
Generally, I wanted to find out from all of you how successful you were in getting your first choice of a date, and if we have to wait until our order can go in 3 months ahead, if that would significantly decrease getting our first choice for a delivery date.
Most people I've seen on the forums that puts in their request more than 3 months out get their first choice, but with that being a new car and in summer...

Assuming your requested days were consecutive (25th, 26th, 27th), I'd just suggest making your itinerary flexible around those days and get your airfare now. I definitely understand the trails/tribulations of the award ticket. You can easily spend 3 days in Munich and not do all their is.

I realize that is small help when you already have your itinerary laid out, but what can you do?
Old 02-09-2013, 03:01 PM
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)

Mein Auto: F30 335i MSpt- Mus GT 5.0
Maybe just order a 328i instead? The price difference isn't that great. Plus, ask your sales rep if the 320i becomes available for American production and ED before your ordered car goes into production if you can reconfigure with the same slot to a 320i. I think that may be possible.

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

2013 335i M Sport- EBII / BLACK / Dk Walnut
Pkgs-Prem/ DHP/ Tech/ DA/DA+ Opts- 8Sprt AT/ Htd FS/ HK/ Hi Bm Asst/ 403 19" w/perf

ED#2-04/23/13-
Photos:
https://picasaweb.google.com/mdsbuc/...eat=directlink
ED#1-10/10/05-
Photos:
https://picasaweb.google.com/mdsbuc/...eat=directlink
Old 02-09-2013, 04:46 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 335i after May ED
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsbuc View Post
Maybe just order a 328i instead? The price difference isn't that great. Plus, ask your sales rep if the 320i becomes available for American production and ED before your ordered car goes into production if you can reconfigure with the same slot to a 320i. I think that may be possible.
I second this. Not sure how much more it would cost you but it's totally worth it. Some reviewers have said the 328 is better than the 335
Old 02-10-2013, 05:22 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 911 C2S
If you change an option but leave the model unchanged, you can keep the date, but they have to start the process again if you change a model from a 328 to a 320, and I am not sure you can keep your 328 date as a backup while waiting to know whether or not you get the 320. Chances are you will be ok with your first date. But I would not put money (or airfare) on it. Worse case scenario is you pay to have the miles reinstated and plan your trip around the delivery date you get. When you request the dates, play the fool and put your preferred date first, then put a Sunday and maybe a Saturday or a holiday as the 2nd and 3rd choices as if you did not know, if they ask you to provide 2nd and 3rd choices. Good luck.

Now the 328 better than the 335? I don't think so.