Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 02-09-2013, 02:23 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 735LI
heater wont turn on

hello all, this is my first post so please forgive me if I am repeating something from old but I have had a look and can't see the same problem as me...

I have a 2003 735Li, basically the heater works fine along with the cold however it will turn itself off when it feels like it, the orange light on the off button is illuminated and nothing i can do will override this, i can turn the ac on by pushing the ac button but the orange off light stays on until randomly going out, then the system will work until it decides to switch off again, i have had the aircon regassed, any thoughts before I spend a small fortune at a garage? it's very cold and I need to fix this before I can take my new born in the car!

any thoughts / ideas would be great, thanks all
Ads by Google
Old 02-09-2013, 02:46 PM
BMW7_CEO

Mein Auto: 05 745LI 06 650i 06 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpodunc View Post
hello all, this is my first post so please forgive me if I am repeating something from old but I have had a look and can't see the same problem as me...

I have a 2003 735Li, basically the heater works fine along with the cold however it will turn itself off when it feels like it, the orange light on the off button is illuminated and nothing i can do will override this, i can turn the ac on by pushing the ac button but the orange off light stays on until randomly going out, then the system will work until it decides to switch off again, i have had the aircon regassed, any thoughts before I spend a small fortune at a garage? it's very cold and I need to fix this before I can take my new born in the car!

any thoughts / ideas would be great, thanks all
Try to go to the climate control on the Idrive and go where it says automatic and click it then it should over ride it and click heat then after adjust how you want the vent system to work
Old 02-09-2013, 03:11 PM

Thanks ill give it a try, someone else suggested I replace the final stage resistor!!!
Old 02-09-2013, 03:37 PM
BMW7_CEO

Quote:
Thanks ill give it a try, someone else suggested I replace the final stage resistor!!!
I don't think it's that but it's sometimes the automatic heat or ac turns on or off automatically when the temperature in the car is at it's point but this happen to me I just override it by the idrive climate control
Old 02-09-2013, 03:39 PM

thanks, i just went and tried that but it is working fine at the moment, i will wait for it to turn itself off then see if i can override it!
Old 02-09-2013, 10:35 PM
BMW7_CEO

Quote:
thanks, i just went and tried that but it is working fine at the moment, i will wait for it to turn itself off then see if i can override it!
Alright and good luck man let me know if anything
Old 02-10-2013, 09:33 AM
Account Under Review

Mein Auto: BMW 745i
Usually you read errors from ihka.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:33 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 745LI
First option is the use the iDrive settings, if it doesn't work then you need to reprogram.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:37 PM

Reprogram? I have had all the faults cleared off the system and it still happened, it was ok yesterday and I'll see tomorrow of I can get it to turn off, it seems to happen later in the day kind of like its been on for a while and possibly heated up a lot? Apart from the idrive override are there any sensors I can replace, is it worth trying to change the final resistor thing??
Old 02-10-2013, 07:26 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 03' 745Li
Its the control panel itself. Had mine replace several years ago. The AC would just turn off by itself if I hit a bump. If you press on the AC control panel in various spots I could get it to turn off and on without actually touching any of the buttons.

You need this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-e65-e66-...9d4548&vxp=mtr

Jerry

I don't have all the answers, but I can do one helluva Google search!
Old 02-12-2013, 01:22 PM

Bmw say its the blower regulator / final stage resistor, it's being changed next week I will keep you informed