Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:27 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '13 X5 50i
X5 Died after backing out of driveway

Has this ever happened to you? I started the X up this morning got my daughter settled in her seat and after a couple minutes backed out of the garage and down the driveway. As soon as I slowed and shifted into drive the X jerked and the died. It immediately started up again and drove just fine. This almost happened a few weeks earlier but only jerked and did not actually die.

The morning temp was roughly 30-35 each morning. Seems like the idle control had an issue and the shifting and related torque to move the X forward was too much for the engine speed and it died. Almost like an old carbureted car on a cold day that has not warmed up enough and the choke is not set right.

It's a 2013 X5 50i. I will take it to the dealer if it starts to happens more often. Any thoughts or experiences with this?
Ads by Google
Old 02-08-2013, 06:19 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 X5 Sport Act on ord
My 12 X5 5.0i has done it 3 times. Took it to the dealer and there is a known fuel injector issue. They replaced all 8.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:49 AM
The Good Doctor

Mein Auto: Spaceship
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyreem View Post
My 12 X5 5.0i has done it 3 times. Took it to the dealer and there is a known fuel injector issue. They replaced all 8.
Good info! No recall on this issue?
Old 02-08-2013, 06:57 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 X5 Sport Act on ord
When I took it in they said there was a bulletin on the issue and BMW advised that even if one injector is damaged to simply replace all.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:10 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '13 X5 50i
Great and thanks for the info. I will take mine in.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:29 PM
The Good Doctor

Mein Auto: Spaceship
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyreem View Post
When I took it in they said there was a bulletin on the issue and BMW advised that even if one injector is damaged to simply replace all.
Good stuff! Thanks again.