Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)

F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)
The 5 Series Gran Turismo -- now available in the USA as a 535i, 550i and 550i xDrive model.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:48 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E90 M sport
any pic of rear facing child seats?

HI,

Got two kids and I can' fit them nicely in a 3 series sedan anymore. The 5GT rear row leg room looks like a big plus and I'm thinking about it. Can anyone share some photo of rear facing convertible seats installed? I would like to get an idea of I should try a X5 or a 5GT.

Thanks a lot

Will
2014 F25 N55 M sport
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2013, 09:32 PM

Mein Auto: 535ix-drive GT
Keep in mind, the GT is built on the 7-series chassis...you certainly could fit two seats there, and maybe three (there are latches for them at all three positions). Unless you were really tall, it shouldn't be an issue. Keep in mind, too, that the rear seats are also on a track, and can move forward and backwards some as well.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:54 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 535i GT
We have 2 car seats installed right now: one rear facing and the other one is forward facing. My son, who is in the front facing car seat and is positioned right behind me, has tons of leg room and can easily enter and egress the GT wihtout having to climb over the side of his seat. The rear facing one is in the middle. Placing the seat on the docking system is not a problem even when the front seats are reasonably reclined.

The empty seat (no car seat installed), if done in this configuration, retains a good amount amount of room for that luxury back seat feel of the GT. Though, it may be tricky to find that seat belt buckle underneath the latched seatbelt of the car seat. When we had both of the seats on the sides, the middle empty seat is not as spacious and obviously not as comfortable.

The rear seat space of the GT was one of the primary reasons for choosing it as our next family car. We looked at the Q7 and the X5 first, but never looked back after we tested the car seats in the GT. There may be other larger SUVs (or Vans) that can offer the same space as the GT. But as far as practicality and the unique styling of the GT, my opinion is that what it offers is unmatched. For another point of reference, and we were quite surprised by this, the GT even has more rear seat room than our Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360500843347.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	361625

2012 535i GT ED 1/9/2012

Old 02-11-2013, 10:10 AM

Mein Auto: E90 M sport
Thanks a lot.

5GT is amazing!
2014 F25 N55 M sport