Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 11:59 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 330i
BlackBerry 10

The first thing you may notice about the BlackBerry 10 experience is that there will be no home button. Yep, no button to break on you. Instead, BlackBerry 10 will rely on many different types of gestures. There are bezel gestures, and there are content gestures. Both are used to manipulate and navigate through the operating system.

These movements give you that going forward momentum experience. That way you aren't always finding yourself having to "open and exit" no matter where you are the OS. Within RIM's BlackBerry 10 UI guidelines, is a picture guide explaining each of these important gestures.

http://www.blackberryos.com/content/...gestures-5023/

Old 02-06-2013, 12:01 AM

BlackBerry is proud to sponsor the Mercedes Formula 1 Racing Team.

Good luck to Lewis Hamilton, Nico Rosberg and the entire Mercedes team.

MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS ‘KEEP MOVING’ WITH BLACKBERRY PARTNERSHIP

As the new Silver Arrow, the MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS F1 W04, completes its first laps this morning at the Jerez circuit in Spain, the team is delighted to announce a significant new partnership agreement with BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY, TSX: BB). As the Official Mobile Computing Partner for the MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS Formula One Team, BlackBerry will collaborate with the team on technical and marketing opportunities. The new BlackBerry 10 platform will deliver tools and services for MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS and fan engagement will be improved through the joint development of apps. BlackBerry 10 smartphones will also be used by the team so they can ‘keep moving’ throughout the Formula One season.

The new partnership sees the iconic BlackBerry branding featured prominently on the chassis and headrest of the F1 W04 Silver Arrow, the racesuits of Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg, and on the team’s racewear kit. As the Official Mobile Computing Partner, BlackBerry and MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS will be working closely together to develop the team’s use of the BlackBerry 10 platform at the team’s headquarters and at each Grand Prix.

Ross Brawn, Team Principal at the MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS Formula One Team commented: “On the day that our new Silver Arrow, the F1 W04, is launched, we are very pleased to announce our partnership with BlackBerry. We are looking forward to embracing the new BlackBerry 10 platform at both a technical and operational level, as well as collaborating with the team at BlackBerry to bring new mobile innovation to MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS. It is especially pleasing to be able to launch this exciting partnership today as our latest Silver Arrow takes to the track with BlackBerry branding.”

Frank Boulben, Chief Marketing Officer at BlackBerry, said: “Formula One is all about precision engineering, design and innovation – three values that mirror the approach that’s gone into creating BlackBerry 10. It is a natural fit for BlackBerry to partner with the MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS Formula One Team to deliver value through technical and marketing collaboration. We have built BlackBerry 10 to keep people moving, and we believe the essence of this will be delivered at many levels through our partnership”.

About BlackBerry
A global leader in wireless innovation, BlackBerry® revolutionized the mobile industry when it was introduced in 1999. Today, BlackBerry aims to inspire the success of our millions of customers around the world by continuously pushing the boundaries of mobile experiences. Founded in 1984 and based in Waterloo, Ontario, BlackBerry operates offices in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America. Research In Motion announced that effective January 30, 2013, the Company would operate around the world under the iconic name BlackBerry. The legal name of the company has not changed, but the Company will do business as BlackBerry until shareholders vote for the official change at the Company's Annual General Meeting later in 2013. Effective Monday, February 4, 2013, the Company commenced trading under its new ticker symbols "BB" on the Toronto Stock Exchange and "BBRY" on the NASDAQ.

http://us.blackberry.com/

http://www.mercedes-amg-f1.com/

Old 02-06-2013, 11:49 PM

Canada BB10 Customers

“I just picked up my BlackBerry Z10 today and after pairing it with my 2012 BMW with the Connected Drive, I can confirm the following:
• Contact list fully syncs
• BlueTooth audio works
• BlackBerry Voice Control shows up as one of the contacts!!! When selected, you can run any BB10 voice control commands, like BBM, SMS, etc. This is awesome!”

“Had an opportunity to use Z10 at a local Bell store tonight and wow, definitely absolutely amazing! I am a pro-keyboard guy but this phone is really making me think twice. Even my wife who hates shopping for phones thought that the word flicking was pretty amazing. The gestures take no time to get used to though maybe I am biased because I own a PlayBook for over a year now. I used the phone like I always had it the first moment I picked it up. One thing is for certain, the phone definitely stands out and is leaps and bounds better than anything else right now.
I also had an opportunity to talk to a head-office guy from Bell briefly and he said with determination that Z10 is definitely the best phone that they have tested to date, beating the likes of both Apple iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy Note 2, especially when it comes to browser performance (probably the most important point for me).”

“Junked my Apple iPhone 4s today in exchange for the white Z10. The OS makes iOS seem like a relic. I showed it off to a bunch of people at work and a few of them are going to buy Z10 now. Woot.”

“Got mine at 10:30 am, while I was at the Bell store at least 10 people came in asking for it. They seemed to have enough to give to everyone. White was all gone.”

“So far, I love it. Downloading and installing apps is wonderful. There's a great free Sudoku. I also got Songza. Pretty cool. The maps seems alright too, found my GPS immediately and navigation seems great!”

“It synced my Google calendar the same as my Playbook. Not much of a techy but the keyboard is really easy to get used to and all I've ever used is qwerty. Love this thing!! AND my son switched from iPhone 4s as well and loves the Z-10.”

“My friend has beat me to it as he went out and got his Z10 through Fido. He is ditching his iPhone 5 that he converted to from an old BB and now he's back.”

“Picked up my white Z10 today in Toronto!!! Called 5 stores...all sold out. Finally found one at the Adelaide and Bay location. The Rogers corporate store sold out by noon. The reps at Rogers were well informed (surprisingly) and one guy actually had a Z10 himself. He showed me the BBM video chat and how to use NFC to add BBM contacts. Very cool! All in all...I'm super impressed. The OS is awesome!!!! The build quality is good but definitely some room to improve for future generations. Also, no carrier branding on the box or the phone. For those who are waiting, trust me, the wait is worth it.”

“Just got one for me and my wife... there was a buzz in the Bell store for sure and we weren't the only ones there for the 8:30 am opening. Love the hardware... feels amazing in the hand.”

“I've got my second one already (wife and mine). Future shop is sold out here, and there is a lot of people being turned away.”

“Never thought I would buy another phone without a physical keyboard, but the Z10 keyboard is the most innovative keyboard available on any phone or platform. I was never a blackberry fan until I bought a playbook, but within a week of owning one I went out and bought a blackberry phone, and have since upgraded to a new blackberry every time they release a new version. I now love my blackberry and wouldn't own any other phone on the market. Android is too unstable and unsecure, Microsoft doesn't know how to make a phone, and Apple.....well....its an mp3 player that you can make phone calls on, nothing more....”

“Went to the Telus store near my work.. they had only been open 20 minutes and I was told they just sold their last one.”

“Just popped into the Rogers near my office. All sold out and the one I reserved was not in yet.”

Old 02-06-2013, 11:52 PM

BlackBerry Z10 looks set for record sales

BlackBerry’s Z10 smartphone has attracted record orders at Canadian wireless carrier BCE Inc., and analysts say sales are off to a strong start in the U.K., sparking a 23% stock rally over the past two days.

BCE, Canada’s No. 2 carrier, said early orders for the Z10 have topped any previous BlackBerry model, while one Rogers Communications Inc. outlet in Toronto had sold out of the Z10 by 11 a.m. today on the first day of sales.

Signs of brisk early sales are emerging as Chief Executive Officer Thorsten Heins gave a speech to Canadian investors and dropped by a Rogers store to hand out the first Z10 sold in North America. BlackBerry is counting on a robust start before the Z10 goes on sale in the U.S. in March to help reverse six quarters of declining sales and years of market-share losses to rivals led by iPhone maker Apple Inc.

“Even if the long-term prospects for the platform are very uncertain, we believe all is in place for BlackBerry 10 to enjoy a great debut,” said Pierre Ferragu, an analyst at Sanford C. Bernstein in London. Ferragu raised his rating on BlackBerry to the equivalent of a buy yesterday after getting preliminary sales information from his contacts in the industry.

“Initial feedback we have received from distributors on the first days of sales is particularly positive,” he said.

‘Good Success’
BCE’s Bell Mobility site has been taking Z10 pre- registration since the beginning of January, and the device topped all BlackBerry orders even before the Jan. 30 unveiling, said Mark Langton, a Bell spokesman. Rogers, the country’s largest wireless carrier, said it has received “thousands” of orders for the touch-screen Z10.

“We’ve had the reservation system up and running, and we’ve seen some pretty good success on that,” Rogers CEO Nadir Mohamed told reporters today at an event at the company’s flagship Toronto store.

Rogers, BCE and Telus Corp., which said its early customer response to the Z10 has been “very positive,” begin selling the phone in stores across Canada today.

A Rogers store in First Canadian Place in Toronto’s financial district had sold out of its supply of Z10 phones by 11 a.m. while staff at another outlet nearby said they’d sold about 30 Z10s in two hours after opening. The Q10, a model with a physical keyboard that is likely to appeal to BlackBerry’s traditional user base, will go on sale “around the April-May time frame,” Heins told reporters.

The Z10 won’t go on sale in the U.S. until March because of lengthier testing by AT&T Inc. and Verizon Wireless, Heins said, reiterating previous remarks.

“We were trying to get there, but, you know, unfortunately sometimes it just doesn’t work out this way,” he said. “We’re just going to get going in the U.S. as soon as we can.”

Setting Stage
In the meantime, Canadian sales should help generate buzz before the U.S. debut, Heins said.

“Canada will set the stage,” he said. “Canada will be raving about BlackBerry Z10 and consequently will influence the U.S. market.”

BlackBerry shares climbed 6.9% to US$16.02 at the close in New York. That followed a 15% jump yesterday, the most since April 2009.

Talking Up
Heins gave a speech to a sold-out business lunch crowd in a downtown Toronto hotel, where he sketched out his plans for BlackBerry’s mobile computing while also talking up the Z10’s capabilities.

“I have just come from a Rogers store on Bloor Street, and the excitement and passion of so many BlackBerry fans is energizing,” he said.

Good Reviews
In 2010, BlackBerry set out to build a new operating system after sales growth of its aging smartphone began to slow. While delays of more than a year tested investors’ patience, the BlackBerry 10 software has won good reviews for its keyboard innovations and ability to run multiple applications at once.

That has gotten U.K. sales off to a “strong start,” said Peter Misek, an analyst at Jefferies & Co. in New York. He rates BlackBerry a buy. Carphone Warehouse Plc is seeing widespread sellouts, while carriers O2, Vodafone Group Plc, Orange and EE are seeing robust demand, Misek said, citing the checks he and his colleagues have made.

“Initial sales bode well for the broader launch in March,” Misek said.

Spokesmen from Vodafone and EE — France Telecom SA and Deutsche Telekom AG’s U.K. joint venture — declined to comment on BlackBerry 10 sales. O2 is pleased with sales of the Z10, John Maley, a spokesman for the Telefonica SA-owned carrier said, declining to elaborate.

Sold Out
Sales staff at a Carphone Warehouse store in London who spoke to Bloomberg said they sold out of the Z10 within 20 minutes. They declined to give their names as they were not representatives for the company, Europe’s largest mobile-phone retailer.

“The strength of this launch is overlooked by investors, creating strong opportunity to buy BlackBerry,” he said.

Heins told a crowd of business executives that for the past three weeks, he’s used the device along with BlackBerry’s tablet, Playbook, instead of a laptop.

“Since I started using my BlackBerry Z10, I have purposefully avoided my laptop. I haven’t opened it in three weeks,” said Heins in prepared remarks during a speech at the Empire Club of Canada.

“Using the power of BlackBerry 10 and my BlackBerry PlayBook I have been able to keep moving through one of the busiest times of my life.”

http://business.financialpost.com/20...-carriers-say/

Old 02-07-2013, 06:25 AM

Mein Auto: German
I think its hilarious that all these articles are basically coming out of only Canada.

And my Android syncs perfectly with my X5. Bluetooth audio works on the BB? WOW! Welcome to 2008
Old 02-07-2013, 07:42 AM
lurking

Mein Auto: 323ci, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoUnion View Post
I think its hilarious that all these articles are basically coming out of only Canada.

And my Android syncs perfectly with my X5. Bluetooth audio works on the BB? WOW! Welcome to 2008
your x5 is running QNX. it should sync up. and bt and bb (all previous bt enabled) has always worked. so what's your point.

http://www.qnx.com/company/customer_stories/

Last edited by HW; 02-07-2013 at 07:49 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:41 PM
lurking

Quote:
this lines up with the fact that it was just released in feb 5th in canada and get this. ... not on sale yet in the US. amazing coincidence i say sherlock.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:51 PM

Mein Auto: 4Runner-BMW
Blackberry confirms it will not roll out globally, Japan.

Quote:
Looks like the global rollout of BlackBerry’s new flagship smartphones will not extend to the entire globe. Certainly it won’t include Japan.

Confirming news first reported by the Nikkei a BlackBerry spokeswoman told AllThingsD Thursday that the company is indeed pulling out of the Japanese market — at least for the time being.

“We are in the process of launching BlackBerry 10 globally in key markets and we are seeing positive demand for the BlackBerry Z10 in countries where it has already launched. Japan is not a major market for BlackBerry and we have no plans to launch BlackBerry 10 devices there at this time,” spokeswoman Amy McDowell said. “However, we will continue to support BlackBerry customers in Japan.”

The company declined to comment on its plans for other non-critical markets.

A surprising move for BlackBerry, though perhaps it shouldn’t be.

Over the past few years BlackBerry’s market share in Japan has suffered a decline so precipitous that it no longer even ranks by name on comScore’s survey of the top smartphone platforms in country. As of June 2012 BlackBerry was lumped into the research firm’s “Other” category which itself claims only a 0.4 percent share. At the time the survey was conducted 24 million people in Japan owned smartphones. So while the country may not be a major market for BlackBerry it is very much a major smartphone market.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HW View Post
this lines up with the fact that it was just released in feb 5th in canada and get this. ... not on sale yet in the US. amazing coincidence i say sherlock.
lol, shows you how much I'm keeping track of the launch
Old 02-07-2013, 11:56 PM

UK BB10 Customers

BlackBerry Z10 sees exceptional first week sales at Phones 4u

London, UK: Phones 4u today confirms it has enjoyed an exceptional response to the new Blackberry® Z10 in both white and black, with over 55% of their 680 stores selling out of the devices during the first weekend of sales. Phones 4u has since replenished stock to cater for the high demand.

Demand for the white model is particularly strong among UK smartphone customers and Phones 4u remains the only retailer where consumers can get their hands on the white device.

Scott Hooton, Chief Commercial Officer at Phones 4u, comments: "As Phones 4u is currently the only place people can get their hands on the BlackBerry Z10 in white, it has been a huge success and continues to sell extremely well. A large number of our stores DID sell out of the white model on launch weekend, but because we knew demand was so high and we didn't want anyone to miss out on getting one, we replenished stock within hours."

"We have a longstanding relationship with BlackBerry® and we're delighted to report such a strong sales performance within less than a week of the new handsets going on sale. It's fantastic to see this consumer excitement and demand, and we're looking forward to seeing sales continue to grow over the coming weeks, particularly for the BlackBerry Z10 in white which is still only available at Phones 4u."

A survey conducted via Phones 4u's co-creative consumer panel, uBar (www.theubar.co.uk), has revealed that desire for a new BlackBerry smartphone handset has doubled since December 2012. The survey also highlights the top BlackBerry Z10 features driving consumer demand, with 42% of respondents voting for the BlackBerry Z10's larger screen as being one of their top three, followed jointly by the touch screen and faster mobile browsing at 40%, and its new Flow feature at 31%.

Phones 4u is the first to range the new BlackBerry Z10 in white, which is available now along with the black model too, at Phones 4u stores from £36 a month on contract, on a choice of networks.

http://www.phones4u.co.uk/Blackberry/z10/

Last edited by MCSL; 02-11-2013 at 11:39 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:00 AM

Why BlackBerry is superior to Apple & Samsung

BlackBerry 10 - “Play On” DLNA Support

In the video, pictures, and music app on BlackBerry 10 you now have the option to “Play On”. This allows you to play the video, picture, or music over a HDMI cable or also stream and control it on any DLNA compatible TV/DVD player wirelessly over Wi-Fi.

If you don’t have a DLNA TV, connect a Sony PS3 or Microsoft Xbox 360 to your TV.

On top of that you do have the option in the settings to share you pictures, video, and movies to other DLNA compliant players so you can totally control it from your TV. I was just surprised at how seamlessly it works. When I try to do this with a Samsung Galaxy S3 I had nothing but trouble and clearing caches. This worked the first time out the gate on Z10!

http://www.berryreview.com/2013/02/0...autiful-thing/

http://www.dlna.org/consumer-home/The-Possibilities

Old 02-08-2013, 09:22 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSL View Post
UK BB10 Customers

BlackBerry Z10 sees exceptional first week sales at Phones 4u

London, UK: Phones 4u today confirms it has enjoyed an exceptional response to the new Blackberry® Z10 in both white and black, with over 55% of their 680 stores selling out of the devices during the first weekend of sales. Phones 4u has since replenished stock to cater for the high demand.

Demand for the white model is particularly strong among UK smartphone customers and Phones 4u remains the only retailer where consumers can get their hands on the white device.

Scott Hooton, Chief Commercial Officer at Phones 4u, comments: “As Phones 4u is currently the only place people can get their hands on the BlackBerry Z10 in white, it has been a huge success and continues to sell extremely well. A large number of our stores DID sell out of the white model on launch weekend, but because we knew demand was so high and we didn’t want anyone to miss out on getting one, we replenished stock within hours.”

“We have a longstanding relationship with BlackBerry® and we’re delighted to report such a strong sales performance within less than a week of the new handsets going on sale. It’s fantastic to see this consumer excitement and demand, and we’re looking forward to seeing sales continue to grow over the coming weeks, particularly for the BlackBerry Z10 in white which is still only available at Phones 4u.”

A survey conducted via Phones 4u’s co-creative consumer panel, uBar (www.theubar.co.uk), has revealed that desire for a new BlackBerry smartphone handset has doubled since December 2012. The survey also highlights the top BlackBerry Z10 features driving consumer demand, with 42% of respondents voting for the BlackBerry Z10’s larger screen as being one of their top three, followed jointly by the touch screen and faster mobile browsing at 40%, and its new Flow feature at 31%.

Phones 4u is the first to range the new BlackBerry Z10 in white, which is available now along with the black model too, at Phones 4u stores from £36 a month on contract, on a choice of networks.

http://www.phones4u.co.uk/Blackberry/z10/

Hate to spoil the erection but 5-10 pieces for walk-ins lol....

http://bgr.com/2013/02/06/blackberry...tm_medium=home

What are they selling limited edition 10 Karat Diamonds??
330 Coupe Sold
Old 02-08-2013, 10:00 AM

Looks like no Street View from Google in Blackberry's new OS and Smartphones.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ps-z10-769339/
330 Coupe Sold
Old 02-08-2013, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Why BlackBerry is superior to Apple & Samsung

BlackBerry 10 - “Play On” DLNA Support

In the video, pictures, and music app on BlackBerry 10 you now have the option to “Play On”. This allows you to play the video, picture, or music over a HDMI cable or also stream and control it on any DLNA compatible TV/DVD player wirelessly over Wi-Fi.

If you don’t have a DLNA TV, connect a Sony PS3 or Microsoft Xbox 360 to your TV.

On top of that you do have the option in the settings to share you pictures, video, and movies to other DLNA compliant players so you can totally control it from your TV. I was just surprised at how seamlessly it works. When I try to do this with a Samsung Galaxy S3 I had nothing but trouble and clearing caches. This worked the first time out the gate on Z10!

http://www.berryreview.com/2013/02/0...autiful-thing/

http://www.dlna.org/consumer-home/The-Possibilities

How is this any different from Apple Airplay or Samsung Allcast? They all require special devices that support the standard.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:56 AM
lurking

Quote:
How is this any different from Apple Airplay or Samsung Allcast? They all require special devices that support the standard.
apple phones need "more special" devices than others since it uses proprietary protocols and systems that require 3rd party vendors to license. samsung at least uses DLNA and WiDi standards.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:01 PM
Go Hawks!

Mein Auto: 2009 BMW 535i Sp/Pr/Nav
Man, I can't wait to see/touch the new Blackberry's...I have a 'fill the gap' iPhone 4S now and I really don't care for it...number one being the lack of email/text awaiting indicator lights...plus the screen is small and I miss the Blackberry keyboard.

I like the new Mot Droid Razr HD phones tho...very slick with nice displays...and indicators!

Only that scares me about Blackberry might be the lack of developments related to apps for it.

Last edited by greginchi; 02-11-2013 at 12:03 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:32 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 328xi saloon,2006 H3
I truly miss the indicator light from my BlackBerry. I had the app to assign custom colors so i could know if i had a facebook message, text, or a message from my wife. You could assign a specific color to a person. People who never had one don't seem to get it. It was so discreet in a meeting, and I never had to come into a room and pick it up to know if I had a message.

That said, I can't see myself ever getting one again. I've adjusted to the touch screen, but even with the Z10 I don't know anyone with BBM now, and either iPhone push mail has gotten better or I've forgotten how good BIS was. I guess I miss the consolidated inbox though.

The iPhone 4 is my current phone, and for the first time in my life I haven't upgraded when elligible. I guess that's a good sign that its still relevant after 2 years, but I think I'm also secretly irked that the 5 is so similar, and the apple maps mentality of you'll take what we give you. I hate having icons I can't delete. Maybe if I jailbroke it I'd love it. I'd rather have the 5 than 4 and see how it's better, but I don't want to commit 2 years to it. Going to have to check out the Motorola you mention..

Last edited by LandsharkBMW; 02-11-2013 at 08:33 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:42 PM

Canada BB10 Customers

BlackBerry just confirmed the success of the Canada launch, as well as the initial sales of the Z10 in the UK, releasing a statement from BlackBerry CEO Thorsten Heins.

"In Canada, yesterday was the best day ever for the first day of a launch of a new BlackBerry smartphone. In fact, it was more than 50% better than any other launch day in our history in Canada," said Thorsten Heins, President & CEO of BlackBerry. "In the UK, we have seen close to three times our best performance ever for the first week of sales for a BlackBerry smartphone."

February 5th, was a record-setting sales day in BlackBerry history with the launch of the BlackBerry Z10 in Canada. Now Canadian carrier Rogers has followed up with their own statement letting us know that it was also a record-setting BlackBerry day for Rogers as well.

Via Rogers:
• Sold more BlackBerry smartphones on February 5th 2013 than any other day in Rogers history (Rogers was the first carrier to launch BlackBerry services in 1999).
• Rogers BlackBerry experts activated thousands of BlackBerry Z10 smartphones yesterday, and provided customers with in depth training and support.
• Some stores have temporarily sold out of the BlackBerry Z10 and additional inventory has been shipped to Rogers retail locations across Canada.

All good things and it's great to see the BlackBerry Z10 is off to a great start in Canada! Now we just need to bring it to America and the rest of the BlackBerry 10-waiting world.

BlackBerry has teamed up with Air Canada in their Keep Moving Contest. Together they are giving away one grand prize of an Air Canada Vacations Gift Certificate of $10,000 along with a runner up first prize of a BlackBerry Z10.

http://ca.blackberry.com/campaigns/b...test/form.html

http://crackberry.com/yesterdays-can...ver-blackberry

http://crackberry.com/rogers-sold-mo...rogers-history

Old 02-12-2013, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Canada BB10 Customers

BlackBerry just confirmed the success of the Canada launch, as well as the initial sales of the Z10 in the UK, releasing a statement from BlackBerry CEO Thorsten Heins.

"In Canada, yesterday was the best day ever for the first day of a launch of a new BlackBerry smartphone. In fact, it was more than 50% better than any other launch day in our history in Canada," said Thorsten Heins, President & CEO of BlackBerry. "In the UK, we have seen close to three times our best performance ever for the first week of sales for a BlackBerry smartphone."

February 5th, was a record-setting sales day in BlackBerry history with the launch of the BlackBerry Z10 in Canada. Now Canadian carrier Rogers has followed up with their own statement letting us know that it was also a record-setting BlackBerry day for Rogers as well.

Via Rogers:
• Sold more BlackBerry smartphones on February 5th 2013 than any other day in Rogers history (Rogers was the first carrier to launch BlackBerry services in 1999).
• Rogers BlackBerry experts activated thousands of BlackBerry Z10 smartphones yesterday, and provided customers with in depth training and support.
• Some stores have temporarily sold out of the BlackBerry Z10 and additional inventory has been shipped to Rogers retail locations across Canada.

All good things and it's great to see the BlackBerry Z10 is off to a great start in Canada! Now we just need to bring it to America and the rest of the BlackBerry 10-waiting world.

BlackBerry has teamed up with Air Canada in their Keep Moving Contest. Together they are giving away one grand prize of an Air Canada Vacations Gift Certificate of $10,000 along with a runner up first prize of a BlackBerry Z10.

http://ca.blackberry.com/campaigns/b...test/form.html

http://crackberry.com/yesterdays-can...ver-blackberry

http://crackberry.com/rogers-sold-mo...rogers-history

Lol.. All that talk and all those links with no actual number of how many were actually sold. In the past Blackberry sold 100 smartphones on launch date and today we sold 50% more lol.. A whole 150 smartphones.. Just how many were actually sold??
330 Coupe Sold
Old 02-12-2013, 11:32 PM

UAE BB10 Customers

"The response has been great so far."

The Z10 is likely to do as well as Samsung's SIII and the iPhone 5, said Mr Khanzadah. "This is one of the biggest launches along the lines of the SIII and the iPhone 5. It will be a straight fight between all three."

Neelesh Bhatnagar, the chief executive of Emax Electronics, also reported that the Z10 had been selling out. "BlackBerry has told us that they will ensure there will be enough stock. They do not want to miss out on any sales.”

http://www.thenational.ae/thenationa...tstrips-supply

Old 02-12-2013, 11:36 PM

BB10 Video Editor

There is a video editor completely separate from the Story Maker app. This allows very simple but useful edits to videos that you have. It's fast and slick with transformations being previewed as you're making them. Despite a part of the camera / video player app - it's a very powerful app in itself.

http://www.blackberryos.com/content/...o-editor-5248/

Old 02-13-2013, 12:24 AM

Quote:
UAE BB10 Customers

The Z10 is likely to do as well as Samsung's SIII and the iPhone 5, said Mr Khanzadah. "This is one of the biggest launches along the lines of the SIII and the iPhone 5. It will be a straight fight between all three."

Neelesh Bhatnagar, the chief executive of Emax Electronics, also reported that the Z10 had been selling out. "BlackBerry has told us that they will ensure there will be enough stock. They do not want to miss out on any sales.”

You think that within 6 months Blackberry will sell 40 million units of the new Z10

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/sams...mark-50010165/
330 Coupe Sold
Old 02-13-2013, 08:19 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 528 xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylinexpat View Post
You think that within 6 months Blackberry will sell 40 million units of the new Z10

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/sams...mark-50010165/
It is very possible, I mean I am a BlackBerry fan, but stuff like "50% of preorders were from owners of iOS/Android devices" and "best blackberry sales ever"(in Canada) it is very possible. BlackBerry is going to get a lot of sales from enterprises. I guess one can only hope(or in the case of a lot of people on here it seems: to fail so hard) that it does(doesn't) reach those numbers. I do think, however, that delaying the release to the USA sucks, but then again, it is due to the carriers and not BlackBerry for the delay.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B00TS View Post
It is very possible, I mean I am a BlackBerry fan, but stuff like "50% of preorders were from owners of iOS/Android devices" and "best blackberry sales ever"(in Canada) it is very possible. BlackBerry is going to get a lot of sales from enterprises.
When you go from selling 1 phone to 10, that's an increase of 1000%. All RIM sales figures are skewed, like that. They're still selling small amounts, compared to everyone else. Apple sold millions of iPhones in one launch weekend. BB will probably sell that many in a couple years.

Last edited by AutoUnion; 02-13-2013 at 09:21 AM.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:59 AM

Quote:
UAE BB10 Customers

Notice how Jumbo electronics did not mentions how many pieces of the new Blackberry Z10 stick they received. Maybe they only received a few hundred pieces.
330 Coupe Sold

Last edited by stylinexpat; 02-13-2013 at 10:13 AM.
Closed Thread