Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 02-14-2013, 07:56 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via Skype™ to MoldCAD
Mein Auto: 528i xDrive
BMW Office integration with SGII - is it supposed to work?

Not having Internet or BMW Apps in my car's options, I'm limited with Internet access to my Samsung Galaxy II's Internet hot-spot via BT. It sorta works with BMW TeleServices; I also have the "Office" environment active in my iDrive meu - but its only functionality seems to be recording my own voice memos...

I was hoping I could at least be able to send SMS from my car (not to mention emails) - but I can't find a way to do this (I'd expect I could dictate a voice message and than send it to one of my smartphone contacts).

Can you guys advise what limitation I'm facing? Is it because I do not have the Internet/BMW Apps, or is it because the Galaxy II support can only do so much?

It's very important for me to know the answer because - there being no snap-in adapter available for my smartphone - I'd seriously consider upgrading to iPhone, but provided it would give me more than just the snap-in adapter support...Ability to SMS from the car being the minimum. Thanks in advance for any advise,

Piotr

Last edited by MoldCAD; 02-15-2013 at 01:50 AM.
Ads by Google
Old 02-14-2013, 10:13 AM

I can see a similar thread here:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=676170

- but please bear it with me - your US experience is so different to mine. So if some good soul helped me understand all the intricacies, I would really be grateful!

Piotr

Old 02-14-2013, 02:20 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 F10 535d M-Sport
Sounds like you get just what we get here in OZ. my new 535d only comes with Internet (which I run via my iPhones hotspot feature) & yes, all I have under the Office menu is the ability to record/playback voice memos. BMW does not offer BMW Apps feature in OZ (yet - we keep hoping). We finally got my Internet feature working at the dealer yesterday, only 1 salesman knew the "secret thing to do" to get it working. Interestingly snuff, Google came up in German on my car's screen; took us a while to fix that.

Have been speaking with Patryk at Bimmertech about their pack to retrofit option 6NR & BMW Apps for 375 Euros; maybe u should email him & investigate if he can help you?
Old 02-14-2013, 07:13 PM

Mein Auto: F11 530D
I would suggest not trying to get the car linked up to your phone.
It is just never going to work as good as the GII.
And downgrading to an apple product will not enhance your experiences.
I tried everything, up to owning the BMW internet facilities offered here in Holland.
That was far to slow, sadly now I have a small craddle for the GII and when I feel the need (seldomly) I put the phone in there and use calender and email functions directly from the phone.
I spoiled a ton off time trying to get some usefull office integration and that is what I ended up with.
Some things worked a little, but never very well, I have not found any users that have reported a succesfull office integration.
SA and CA staff in Holland hide under there desks when you go for their suppport, it simply is not functional.
To me this bit of connectivity is not up to what might be expected from the BMW marketing about this feature.
The SGII is a nice usable phone that is miles ahead of anything office like build app in our cars.
Office integration sucks big time.
There is somewhere on these forums info of an owner who got a small computer attached to his dash integrated screen, that seems to be the way to get any office integration on the nav screen of your car.
Stop wasting your time trying to get a usefull phone office car integration.....

Last edited by Sophisto; 02-14-2013 at 07:19 PM.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:52 PM

Mein Auto: F11 530D
OP Check ou stealth mini pc in this forum, oh, and maybe you put in the subject as a header of this thread, so someone who really succeeded in integrating his phone might find it.....
Old 02-14-2013, 11:34 PM

Thanks guys for the responses. @Sophisto - you're right the header of this thread is not very fortunate - is there a way to edit it?

Piotr

PS. I found the way to edit the header - it was easy

Last edited by MoldCAD; 02-15-2013 at 01:52 AM.