Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - current)

X1 E84 (2011 - current)
The new to the US BMW X1 will arrive at BMW dealers in the fall of 2012 as a 2013 model year. Get your X1 28i with either sDrive (RWD) or xDrive (AWD) or get the US exclusive I6 N55 powered X1 35i dDrive.

Old 02-09-2013, 11:09 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 328xi
Ordering a X1 on monday, priceing tips?

I am going to order a 2014 X1 on Mon. Will have ultimate package, Tech Package, headlight upgrade, Not sure the Upgraded audio is worth it though. and whatever else I can get in there. SA says MSRP on ordered X1's, sounds fishy to me what do I do offer 500 over invoice? Was looking at the Passat TD! SEL premium and first offer was 700 over invoice.....no bargaining. I know I will be ordering a custom build but does everyone pay MSRP for new year vehicles? Thanks we are thinking white with brown leather with the blue and grey ascents, in the M series.......... CatchaBMW

Last edited by catchabigone; 02-09-2013 at 11:11 PM.
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2013, 07:08 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: RX-8
Do you know the actual invoice on 2014's?

I've been looking but have yet to find it.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:09 AM

Mein Auto: RX-8
Also, I'm pretty sure you can't get brown leather on the M Sport. Let us know if that can be done though. It would be a factory modification from the ordering guide.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:18 AM

Mein Auto: X1
Wink Price

We ordered X1-Jet Black last month. In our area 6%-7% off of MSRP is very common.
We got 7% off of MSRP. Hope this helps.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:29 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 Audi Q5 3.2
Ordered a 2013 in October. Paid $300 over invoice and did not complain about $399 processing. Didn't even have to haggle. Competing dealer came at me with discount of $1K from MSRP. Needless to say I went with obvious choice. Funny though, dealer I didn't buy from will be servicing my X1 because other dealer sucked in terms of customer service.

HaveBulldogWillTravel
English Bulldog Rescue
Recover
Rehab
Rehome
Rewarding
'13 X1 xDrive28i, Min. White, Sand, UP, LP, M-Sport, HK, Heated Seats, Satellite
Cross Bars
Invisihitch
Old 02-10-2013, 08:33 AM

Mein Auto: X1 x28i; 128i; S2000
Upgraded audio is worth it. Better high frequency reproduction, higher power, and an adjustable EQ are reasons enough. Upgrading audio after the fact is not worth the trouble.

Try and get down to at least $500 over invoice before incentives. Anything under that you can get is a rare bonus. I paid well under invoice because of owner loyalty and holiday cash. You'll get the best deal during promotional periods.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:07 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 s28i X1
No, you should not pay MSRP!
Old 02-10-2013, 11:37 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 328xi
I don't know invoice price yet, and you are probably right about the colors so we will adjust or tell them brown or Audi A3 tdi..........just kidding. Thanks guys any more recent purchases and your experiences. Right now I am driving a loaner and am really liking it but I will be ordering an xdrive and this one is sdrive and I love the way it corners the xdrive will be that much better.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:40 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 Z4 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by catchabigone View Post
I don't know invoice price yet, and you are probably right about the colors so we will adjust or tell them brown or Audi A3 tdi..........just kidding. Thanks guys any more recent purchases and your experiences. Right now I am driving a loaner and am really liking it but I will be ordering an xdrive and this one is sdrive and I love the way it corners the xdrive will be that much better.
You don't have to be a brain sturgeon to calculate the invove price with your options. Jon Shafer Da Bimmerfest Founder has posted the 2014 X1 pricing (the top post with the Green arrow in the left column). Since your in CA you might even consider contacting Jon down @ BMW Santa Barbara, he'd cut you a good deal.

HerrK - Keine Eifelfahrt ohne eine Runde über den Nürburgring

May 2010 ED l 2011 35i l Crimson over Ext'd Coral Red w/brushed Alum l 6sp MT l Prem Sound l Sport Pack l 296's l Comfort Access l Alarm l Power Heated Seats l & Nav.
FrauK - 2014 Q5 TDI - May 2014 ED | Cuvée Silver over Pistachio beige | Premim Plus | MMI | Nav | B&O
Old 02-14-2013, 11:12 AM

Mein Auto: S-Drive X1
I am likewise in the process of ordering an X1 and was just told that 2013 production has stopped. All production will be 2014 models. To my disappointment a number of options are no longer available ala carte, but rather are bundled with various packages. My original order was for a "stripper" as the SA called it, ie very few options. I wanted to get the Hk stereo but that is now bundled with a tech pkg, as are some of the other options I wanted. Having said that, and getting back to the issue at hand, the best deal I could get was $1000 off MFRP. Reasons given are that it is a custom order, there are not many options on the car and it is a 2014. I might mention the MFRP is the same as the 2013. I would certainly be interested to know if anyone is getting a better deal on the 2014. I am still holding on to the purchase contract as we speak. I will add that I have driven dozens of new cars as part of the car buying process and the X1 is a clear winner.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:56 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 X1 xDrive 28i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forteatwo View Post
Having said that, and getting back to the issue at hand, the best deal I could get was $1000 off MFRP. Reasons given are that it is a custom order, there are not many options on the car and it is a 2014. I might mention the MFRP is the same as the 2013. I would certainly be interested to know if anyone is getting a better deal on the 2014.
I have already placed my order for a 2014. I got about 4.75% off MSRP. Custom order but added a lot of packages. Delivery to Performance Driving School.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:35 PM
Missing German roads

Mein Auto: X1 xDrive35i
Don't forget bmwconfig.com ... It has 2014 pricing (aka Jan 2013 pricing). BTW, if you were talking about paddles not being ala carte, it's now available. BMW updated their 2014 X1 ordering software a couple weeks ago and it's now available again.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:47 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 X1 xDrive 28i
Quote:
Originally Posted by edx1 View Post
Don't forget bmwconfig.com ... It has 2014 pricing (aka Jan 2013 pricing). BTW, if you were talking about paddles not being ala carte, it's now available. BMW updated their 2014 X1 ordering software a couple weeks ago and it's now available again.
Good point - just keep in mind that some of the packages and options for the 2014 models have actually come down in price from the January 2013 pricing on BMW config (e.g., Ultimate Pkg is now $500 cheaper and includes satellite radio), but it will be close.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:48 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 X1
HK is not bundled. It's option #688, $795 wholesale, $895 list. I ordered it on my 2014 X line, and it was accepted and I have a production number. Custom order is not an excuse for the dealer to shake you down for stuff you don't want. Check out the info Jon has posted.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:31 PM

Mein Auto: S-Drive X1
There is also a $150 dealer prep fee on my order. I guess this covers local expenses, putting gas in the car etc. This is small potatoes in the scheme of things for a $37,000 car but is anyone else paying this fee. Also, if there are no paddle shifters can you still downshift with the console shifter. I overlooked the paddle shifters as the car I test drove did not have them. I am thinking they may be a good idea with an 8 speed transmission which seems to drop into 8th gear fairly quickly.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:45 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 X1
Edit my earlier post. I now see that while HK isn't part of the tech package, you do have to have it. Im getting the ultimate so it wasn't an issue. Bummer.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:45 PM

Mein Auto: X1 x28i; 128i; S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forteatwo View Post
Also, if there are no paddle shifters can you still downshift with the console shifter. I overlooked the paddle shifters as the car I test drove did not have them. I am thinking they may be a good idea with an 8 speed transmission which seems to drop into 8th gear fairly quickly.
Yes, you can still manually shift with the console. Paddle shifters are more convenient but if you've never used them you may not miss them.