Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series

6 Series
The BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 02-13-2013, 06:35 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 650i
iPOD Adapter Installed! Quick question on Random Play.

Hi all,

I purchased the iPOD adapter and installed it this evening. Pretty simple as far as installation is concerned.

I want to be able to use the 'shuffle' or 'random' feature, but when I turn the 'random all' option in CD6 (the place holder for all the tracks), it picks a random track - great - but when I want to skip the track, it takes me to the next consecutive track.

Is there a way to play at random? i.e. if I was to switch tracks, it would pick a random track much like the iPOD Shuffle option? Or is there a way for me to just enable the shuffle feature on the ipod instead of iDrive?

Thanks for the help in advance!
Ads by Google
Old 02-14-2013, 03:00 PM
drbbop

Mein Auto: 2006 650i Vert
Best I can tell, that's just the way it works, let me know if you hear different.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:03 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 650i
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbbop View Post
Best I can tell, that's just the way it works, let me know if you hear different.
I tried 'resetting' the iPod while plugged into the iDrive and I was able to get control back on the iPOD. In turn, however, I lost steering wheel controls.

I find it quite stupid that you cannot skip tracks and shuffle at the same time, especially when that option is available in the iPod. I have a thousand songs, and they are distributed amongst several albums - 'shuffle' feature is really why I got an iPod integrated, or I would have just burned an mp3 CD or used the AUX port.