Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 04-04-2012, 10:44 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW x3 35i
Sae issue developing on my x3 built in feb. anyone taken theirs to Roseville BMW? Took mine there and they seemed like they had never heard such a thing and said it must be normal.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:32 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW X3 build 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coder View Post
See the other (later) thread in this forum on same subject. They are pointing to a seal around the rear view mirror and/or the door seals. We have a late March 2011 X3 with about 17K miles on the clock now, no excessive wind noise. The most predominate noise source seems to be the Pirelli P7 all season tires but I wouldn't say that it is excessive.
I never liked the ride and the noise that the Pirelli P7 tires had on my Mercedes E55 AMG. I returned it and replaced it with the Michelins. Rides better and a lot less noise.

Last edited by ecidi; 04-05-2012 at 05:35 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-28-2013, 08:58 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 328xi Coupe
I noticed a slight whistle from the passenger side almost as soon as I picked my car up from the PCD in SC (2013 X3, DEc '12 build). It occurs around 80 mph and sounds almost like someone's nose is whistling. It is kind of hard to hear, but very annoying once you notice it. I took it to the dealer and they couldn't diagnose, so I came back and went for a ride with the technician who asked me to come back again when someone with "better hearing" would be around. I have a 2.8 with SAV package.

I want this resolved, but can't spend another day at the dealership making sure that they can hear it for something so minor in the broader scope of things.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:17 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 x3 28i
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4guyiam View Post
My 28i does not do that at all. Actually very quiet inside the cabin. I would re-question them again.
Neither does mine, thankfully.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:20 AM

I am pretty sure it is the passenger rear view mirror. I told the dealer and dropped off the car. I will enjoy my 535i loaner until they figure out what the deal is
Old 02-27-2013, 02:14 PM

The dealer and I determined this was coming from the passenger side rear view mirror, and is a very noticeable noise when driving with that window down above 50 mph. They claim that this is a design flaw and it is present in all X3's to some degree. They also explained that they determined it to come from the seam/gap on the top of the mirror near where it dips down towards the car. I had an X3 loaner and did not have any of the same issue. They offered to either caulk or tape the gap to get rid of the noise- and that they sent a note to the BMW field engineer. I really don't want to alter my brandnew car and add caulking.

I don't believe that this is a design flaw and that nothing can be done. They will not replace the mirror housing because they said when they drove two other in stock X3s they all had the issue, hence no reason to replace the mirror.

Is there anything I can do? Any suggestions from someone who might have dealt with a similar issue?