Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 02-15-2013, 05:00 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 328xi Coupe
Sport wheel on AH3 without packages?

I am looking at taking advantage of the Ecco credit on the Active hybrid 3, unfortunately I think only a relatively stripped version will be affordable.

I hate the standard wheel. Is there any way to get the sport steering wheel without adding premium package (all the lines require luxury)?

I am thinking of only adding technology package and heated seats as options. My X3 is loaded, so this is a big switch...
Advertisement
Old 02-15-2013, 05:51 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 328i 2013 Sport Line
The M Sport wheel is an ad on, so I am pretty sure you can get it. $800 ($920) installed.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:32 AM
328i xDrive Commuter

Mein Auto: 2013 328i xDrive Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by perlman007 View Post
I am looking at taking advantage of the Ecco credit on the Active hybrid 3, unfortunately I think only a relatively stripped version will be affordable.

I hate the standard wheel. Is there any way to get the sport steering wheel without adding premium package (all the lines require luxury)?

I am thinking of only adding technology package and heated seats as options. My X3 is loaded, so this is a big switch...
$49,650 - Hybrid
$ 3,100 - Tech
$ 500 - Htd Seats
$ 895 - S&H

$54,145 - MSRP
- $3,500 - Eco Credit

$50,645 - BMW
+ $ 900 - Steering Wheel?

This same cost would get you a FULLY loaded 328i RWD with Premium, Tech, Lighting, M-sport (with the steering wheel you like), Park Distance Control (PDC), etc. or a partially loaded 335i RWD. You have a fully loaded X3, do you want to give up some comfort you are used to? If this is your limit, what do you want?

2013 328i xDrive / 8-Speed / Imperial Blue / Everest Grey / Sport Package / Premium Package / Tech Package / Heated Seats

Last edited by kpgray; 02-15-2013 at 06:33 AM.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:48 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpgray View Post
$49,650 - Hybrid
$ 3,100 - Tech
$ 500 - Htd Seats
$ 895 - S&H

$54,145 - MSRP
- $3,500 - Eco Credit

$50,645 - BMW
+ $ 900 - Steering Wheel?

This same cost would get you a FULLY loaded 328i RWD with Premium, Tech, Lighting, M-sport (with the steering wheel you like), Park Distance Control (PDC), etc. or a partially loaded 335i RWD. You have a fully loaded X3, do you want to give up some comfort you are used to? If this is your limit, what do you want?
A fully loaded 328i RWD (configured exactly I have my AH3) is $55,945.

OP, you're not going to get the Sport/M-sport wheel on the AH3, without adding the appropriate package. There are a few (3?) reports of Sport packages getting M-sport steering wheels, but no one knows how to guarantee option S710A/M Sport wheel gets added.

As far as the car goes... go drive one, and then compare to a 328i. The AH3 a really fun car, that is tremendously fast, and doesn't sound like a diesel when driving around either. My mileage is pretty good, about 28mpg in the city/mixed. It is too bad that no cars on dealers' lots will have DHP, because that is what turns the car into a wonderful BMW.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:18 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 328i
I currently drive a 328 but was able to drive a hybrid fir about two weeks as a loaner, I really don't recommend it. The car barely runs on hybrid and if your goal is to save money on gas get a 328. I did enjoy the power of the engine which I believe is the same as a 335? As far as the new idrive, is looks much betted but is really slow ;specifically, when reading the ipod.

You can get the peformance wheel for about 1000 if you diy.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Bimmer App
Old 02-15-2013, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalusmc View Post
I currently drive a 328 but was able to drive a hybrid fir about two weeks as a loaner, I really don't recommend it. The car barely runs on hybrid and if your goal is to save money on gas get a 328. I did enjoy the power of the engine which I believe is the same as a 335? As far as the new idrive, is looks much betted but is really slow ;specifically, when reading the ipod.

You can get the peformance wheel for about 1000 if you diy.

A couple of things....

The AH3 won't necessarily drive on battery mode for a substantial period. The gas savings come from the engine being off at slow speeds/stopped, or when you take your foot off the gas. You get as good or better mpg than a 328i, without the annoyance of the A.S.S. shudder that the 328i has.

The AH3 has the N55 like the 335i, but with the added boost of the electric motor, resulting in 335hp/332lbft tq.

The Nav reads music of my iPhone much faster than my 2012 car ever did. Maybe there was a problem with your iPod?
Old 02-15-2013, 09:50 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
A couple of things....

The AH3 won't necessarily drive on battery mode for a substantial period. The gas savings come from the engine being off at slow speeds/stopped, or when you take your foot off the gas. You get as good or better mpg than a 328i, without the annoyance of the A.S.S. shudder that the 328i has.

The AH3 has the N55 like the 335i, but with the added boost of the electric motor, resulting in 335hp/332lbft tq.

The Nav reads music of my iPhone much faster than my 2012 car ever did. Maybe there was a problem with your iPod?
I guess the gas saving depends on you trips. Mine included lots of stop and go but the battery would drain quick and the engine would turn on for a while. As far as the 328i goes, I had the ASS disable, it blows plain and simple but over all mpgs it is better or equal to that hybrid. I am not saying is not good fuel efficiency but i don't think is worth that premium. As far as my ipod, is fine. My 2013 328 loads the playlist and I can scroll and not wait for the songs to load. In the AH3 I was always waiting for the list to populate. Maybe it was the car. Tailights popped out, trailer hidge cover disappeared, rattled like crazy, and the bluetooth connecting was unusable. Honestly I might just had a lemon for a loaner lol.

Old 02-15-2013, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalusmc View Post
I guess the gas saving depends on you trips. Mine included lots of stop and go but the battery would drain quick and the engine would turn on for a while. As far as the 328i goes, I had the ASS disable, it blows plain and simple but over all mpgs it is better or equal to that hybrid. I am not saying is not good fuel efficiency but i don't think is worth that premium. As far as my ipod, is fine. My 2013 328 loads the playlist and I can scroll and not wait for the songs to load. In the AH3 I was always waiting for the list to populate. Maybe it was the car. Tailights popped out, trailer hidge cover disappeared, rattled like crazy, and the bluetooth connecting was unusable. Honestly I might just had a lemon for a loaner lol.

That does sound like a lemon

There were several hardware and software updates to the post-Nov 2012 AH3's, so maybe that would have fixed some of that car's ills.

No doubt, it can be hard to justify the premium over the 328i. I like my cars loaded, and I described above, a 328i with all of the features I want (and got) would have a sticker of $56K. Sure you can negotiate that down some. But my AH3 had a sticker of $65K, and I paid $55K. So the premium over a very loaded 328i was not really that much for my scenario.